What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  
KVRAF
 
6236 posts since 5 Mar, 2003, from Philadelphia, USA
 

Postby TotcProductions; Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:52 pm

Hi Folks,

It's finally here!!! :party: :hyper:

For those that don't know, Diversity is a 1,024 preset soundbank for Rob Papen's Albino III. It's the successor to our old Albino Collection soundset, but all the sounds are brand new. It aims to cover a wide range of genres...D&B, Trance, Hardstyle, Dance, Funk, Soundtrack Production, etc, etc, etc. There's too much to go into detail.

Anyway, here's the details for all concerned:

If you are a registered user of the Albino Collection (versions 1 and 2), you can upgrade to Diversity for free. Now, I was going to just go ahead and add it to previous owners accounts...but I remember a warez group purchasing the Albino Collection and distributing it, and I don't remember what their email was. So, if you are a registered user of the Albino Collection, and you would like to claim your free upgrade, please email support (info[at]pro-sounds[dot]net) and provide us with proof of purchase. We'll get you sorted out asap.

Moving on, if you purchased the set during the pre-order period, you should have receied an email with the final set. If not, send a mail over to the address above with proof of purchase.

If you've never heard of Diversity, or you don't fit into the above categories, you can purchase it for $89.95 (A fair price for 1,024 quality presets me thinks ;-) ).

Also, Diversity Free (the demo set) has been updated. It contains 128 of my personal favorites from the set. While it doesn't show off the wide range of sounds available in the full set (how could it?), I'm confident it shows off the quality of the sounds well.

You can grab the demo set and purchase the full set from the product page. Behold, my masterpiece:

http://www.pro-sounds.net/modules.php?n ... le&sid=127

Feel free to post any questions, comments about the set (full or demo), etc here in this thread.

Peae 8)
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-
KVRian
 
873 posts since 26 Sep, 2005, from UK

Postby flippya2000; Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:48 pm

Hi, just downloaded, having pre-ordered, v.nice! :)

Just want to double-check with u: Unzipped, does Diversity contain 31 folders? (The reason I ask, is coz the previous version had 6 folders) Also, when's the manual going to be available? Cheers,
KVRAF
 
6236 posts since 5 Mar, 2003, from Philadelphia, USA
 

Postby TotcProductions; Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:58 pm

flippya2000 wrote:Hi, just downloaded, having pre-ordered, v.nice! :)

Just want to double-check with u: Unzipped, does Diversity contain 31 folders? (The reason I ask, is coz the previous version had 6 folders) Also, when's the manual going to be available? Cheers,


Hi Flip!

Yup...31 folders. The beta version(s) pre-order customers received weren't really categorized...I just had them split into volumes of 128 each. The final release has them categorized by what they 'sound like.' I figure it makes it easier for people to find the type of sound they are looking for.

Ah, the manual...no specific date yet. I don't want to give one since I'm not good at that (as anyone who's been following along knows), and I've got a ton of work to finish. I'll keep you all posted though.

How do you like the final set?

Peace 8)
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-
KVRian
 
873 posts since 26 Sep, 2005, from UK

Postby flippya2000; Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:12 pm

TotcProductions wrote:How do you like the final set?
It's gona take me a while to even audition all of em ;)

So far, I'm v.happy with what I've heard - I'm really enjoying the presets in the Pads + Atmospherics folders - v.nice. You should write a guide, or better still, make a video on how to program - v.talented + inspirational sounds!

:love: :ud: :tu:
KVRAF
 
6236 posts since 5 Mar, 2003, from Philadelphia, USA
 

Postby TotcProductions; Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:25 pm

flippya2000 wrote:
TotcProductions wrote:How do you like the final set?
It's gona take me a while to even audition all of em ;)

So far, I'm v.happy with what I've heard - I'm really enjoying the presets in the Pads + Atmospherics folders - v.nice. You should write a guide, or better still, make a video on how to program - v.talented + inspirational sounds!

:love: :ud: :tu:


Thanks so much! Make sure you check out the Loops and Phrases folder! :-D Lots of goodies in there. :D

Peace 8)
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-
KVRAF
 
1692 posts since 9 Jul, 2006, from Paris, France

Postby K-Slash; Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:49 am

Congratulations !

For all the people who may complain about the $90 price, remember that this soundset is an entire high-quality 1024 presets collection, that takes full advantages of Albino 3's features, and that has been in the working for ,1 full year !

So, I'll be downloading the new free demo set to play with and check the sounds, before being able to finally purchase it.

Rock on !
KVRAF
 
1837 posts since 2 Jan, 2003, from right here...

Postby loachm; Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:54 am

...finally. :party: I 'm not quite sure if this had actually been worth such a looooooong wait, but the patches I have listen to so far are really excellent. But I have just browsed shortly through a fraction of the patches, yet and there are still a lot to try out thoroughly. It is correct what is stated in the press release, that you've never heard Albino sounding so fat! Though it's a bit sad that the analog basses sound a bit flat in comparison to the aggressive basses, for instance, but I guess, this lies in the different character of the sounds, i.e. it's easier to get distorted sounds to sound "big".

I have also found a lead sound that features three other layers that have been switched off and it sounded really nice - are there a lot of "hidden" multi sounds?

So, when does the pre-order for the rework of the Z3ta+ soundset start :D - I'd be really interested to see what you'd do with this synth and I'd really wait on this one... :tu:
KVRAF
 
6236 posts since 5 Mar, 2003, from Philadelphia, USA
 

Postby TotcProductions; Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:03 am

loachm wrote:...finally. :party: I 'm not quite sure if this had actually been worth such a looooooong wait, but the patches I have listen to so far are really excellent. But I have just browsed shortly through a fraction of the patches, yet and there are still a lot to try out thoroughly. It is correct what is stated in the press release, that you've never heard Albino sounding so fat! Though it's a bit sad that the analog basses sound a bit flat in comparison to the aggressive basses, for instance, but I guess, this lies in the different character of the sounds, i.e. it's easier to get distorted sounds to sound "big".

I have also found a lead sound that features three other layers that have been switched off and it sounded really nice - are there a lot of "hidden" multi sounds?

So, when does the pre-order for the rework of the Z3ta+ soundset start :D - I'd be really interested to see what you'd do with this synth and I'd really wait on this one... :tu:


Excellent! Glad you're enjoying it.

Yes, some of the basses are 'thinner.' That's done on purpose though...depending on the type of music you're making, the thinner ones are easier to fit into a mix. Some of the aggressive basses dominate the low end so much that you'd have to do a lot of eq'ing to place your kick drum.

Hehe, z3ta...I plan on getting to that one soon...but I'm not going to talk it up until it's ready this time. :-)

Peace 8)
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-
KVRist
 
204 posts since 3 May, 2004, from UK

Postby Rod Staples; Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:23 pm

Thanks for these.

I'm a bit confused though, how to integrate them into these existing set.

Some seem to be some duplicated and others are not.
KVRAF
 
6236 posts since 5 Mar, 2003, from Philadelphia, USA
 

Postby TotcProductions; Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:49 pm

Rod Staples wrote:Thanks for these.

I'm a bit confused though, how to integrate them into these existing set.

Some seem to be some duplicated and others are not.


Oh, just erase the old version. This replaces the one you got during the Pre-order. :-) Everything in the pre-order package is, more or less, in the final set (a few have been renamed, tweaked further, recategorized, etc).

Peace 8)
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-
KVRAF
 
1637 posts since 10 Feb, 2008, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Nokenoku; Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:14 pm

I hear a few cool sounds in the demos, but most stuff is too aggressive (and unpleasing for my ears) sounding or to trancy for me.
Generally there are to much effects (especially reverb) used for my taste.

I still miss more kinds of "broad and butter" preset banks, which have less effects and are not for trance.

Anyways .. some of those sounds with that crackling sounded very sweet in my opinion.
KVRAF
 
6236 posts since 5 Mar, 2003, from Philadelphia, USA
 

Postby TotcProductions; Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:30 pm

Nokenoku wrote:I hear a few cool sounds in the demos, but most stuff is too aggressive (and unpleasing for my ears) sounding or to trancy for me.
Generally there are to much effects (especially reverb) used for my taste.

I still miss more kinds of "broad and butter" preset banks, which have less effects and are not for trance.

Anyways .. some of those sounds with that crackling sounded very sweet in my opinion.


Ha..bread and butter...there's tons of bread and butter. Did you download the demo presets or just listen to the mp3s? There are lots of ep's, organs, bass guitars, vintage emulations, etc. lol, I didn't just make a thousand trance presets. :-P

Peace 8)
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-
KVRist
 
162 posts since 8 May, 2005

Postby emtear; Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:30 pm

Just checked out the demo and WOW.

I must say excellent job!

You could actually charge a fee for the demo. These sounds are really great. I know that someone said the presets are too aggressive... i like aggressive.


mtr
KVRAF
 
6236 posts since 5 Mar, 2003, from Philadelphia, USA
 

Postby TotcProductions; Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:23 pm

emtear wrote:Just checked out the demo and WOW.

I must say excellent job!

You could actually charge a fee for the demo. These sounds are really great. I know that someone said the presets are too aggressive... i like aggressive.


mtr



Thanks emtear! :D I'm really glad everyone's happy with it so far.

No, there won't be any sales or group buy's on it. I had the pre-order up for months.
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-
User avatar
KVRAF
 
8355 posts since 15 Sep, 2001, from Las Vegas,USA
 

Postby Teksonik; Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:22 pm

Holy Sh*t Frank! :shock: :-o This is an absolutely awesome soundset. This pushes Albino way past anything it's done before. Ok I'm biased and maybe I'm not able to give an impartial opinion but damn. I've spent a lot of time with Albino and let me tell you folks this set is sheer freakin' genius :hail: The range and depth of this set really earns it the name Diversity. This is some brilliant programming and I'm in awe of the talent and hard work it took to create this set.

Ok you guys can't just take my word for it since I'm obviously prejudiced but in my opinion this is a must have for every Albino owner. Thank you so much ToTc and good luck. :hail: :clap: :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Next

Moderators: TotcProductions, Teksonik

Return to Pro-Sounds