MSpectralDynamics

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

one more mastering plug - MSpectralDynamics - I would consider it our most original effect ;). Serves as spectral compressor/limiter (kind of adaptive multiband processor), loudness maximizer, freeform linear-phase equalizer etc...

Moreover we have finally created the MMasteringBundle containing all of the (not-only)mastering plugs for quite low price ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

If this sounds as good as Mautoeq I'm in! Also...

FR: Import of MautoEq profiles or the ability to create spectral source profiles the same way.

If it already does this then wow its already amazing (will demo it later today ;)).

Great work Vojech and team!
stay juicy!

Hey thanks ;)

It however cannot import/long-term-analyse the spectral content, because I have found no reason to :D. Please check it and if you think it would be necessary, then tell me why and I think it will not be so big problem. It has shapable threshold, however truly, I use the broadband threshold and it works good enough for me :).

But since this is another inventive stuff, I assume there will be several further development ideas, so people, don't be afraid and let me know ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I tryed it but I think its not there yet to get to full potential. Its nice the thresh. can be shaped but I find it to be limited or a little time consuming to get what you want. Why not adapt the capture of the freq. curve to the thresh to this plug-in (same like the eq's)? it may work much better than the eq when served to the purpose too.

What you mean exactly by the "capture the freq curve".

You know, this plugin is very original and it has actually too many possibilities, so we probably have to reveal its full potential :). For now I use it instead of multiband compressors for frequency balancing and loudness maximization with pretty good results. But I guess there will be many argues about it ;), anything knew has to snad it :). Anyway if you have any ideas, go on!
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:What you mean exactly by the "capture the freq curve".

You know, this plugin is very original and it has actually too many possibilities, so we probably have to reveal its full potential :). For now I use it instead of multiband compressors for frequency balancing and loudness maximization with pretty good results. But I guess there will be many argues about it ;), anything knew has to snad it :). Anyway if you have any ideas, go on!
Actually I was thinking of something like this for the plug-in: http://www.proaudiodsp.com/

I'm not sure yet of what the limit it has for stable attack-release for the usage (when used with low ratio) I'm mentioning but at least to my thought it should work ok.

A developers point of view on the plug-in would be nice. An educational video on your website would be great (as what advanced tricks can be done with the plug-in). I'm still trying to totally understand the plug-in so I don't want to ask anything obvious :)

Yeah, so far the only thing to be added to MSpectralDynamics is the "capture" feature, except it seems to me a little out of the context. Anyway I hope the videos should be done within a week or so, so please be patient ;)
Vojtech

Voj not to be a pita but can you please explain the capture feature a little more indepth and how it will work?

Thanks again..
stay juicy!

Hey Optomadic,

currently it is not planned, exactly because I don't know what it would be worth for. I propose this - next week should be enough to create tutorial videos. Then you'll check them and if you think something should be done, you'll explain what exactly it should do. Ok?
Or maybe if you already know what it should know?
Vojtech

Well - sorry for the bump after 2 years but I don't see much on this plug and this seems to be an announcement and feature thread...

I have been demoing MSpectralDynamics to tame some stupidly recorded resonances that I need to remaster. I think this may sound way better than CQ1 and Soniformer for the problems I need fixed (not to replace but augment - you know). I own and use those tools commonly but there's always a new problem to fix...

I was wondering if you are able to expose the FFT sizes that you use and how the attack and release might be extrapolated (is that the right thought?) across the spectrum. Maybe that made sense. Like I mentioned - I'm demoing so if it sounds fine maybe I don't even care. I'm just curious I guess.

I'll be using the plug om Win32 in Reaper and I'm getting used to the interface (there's a lot of features in there). I don't see much talk about this plug so hopefully it is still supported, but with today's multi-tracked digital workstations maybe a lot of folks can go back to mixes to repair and don't need to think about it. I have a lot of 2-track 'masters' that come in for re-mastering. I think MSpectralDynamics might be just the thing.

Hi Kylen and thank you for your interest. Well, I cannot give you technical answers as it is kind of "private". Other than that I'm a little lost in your message, are there any "noninternal" questions? :oops:
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Hi Kylen and thank you for your interest. Well, I cannot give you technical answers as it is kind of "private". Other than that I'm a little lost in your message, are there any "noninternal" questions? :oops:
The reason I ask about FFT size is that it implies how much bass control I might have. I can just try it out and see but thought I'd ask, it seems like it's larger than 512 or 1024 anway. I don't think I know what it is in Soniformer either but I can set it in ReaFir for example.

In something like Soniformer I can vary the attack/release across the spectrum. You have one attack/release (on processor 1 anyway) so I guess you've some kind of private algorithm that applies a good sound across the spectrum - other wise the bass might get 'farty' as they say when if it distorts due to some attack/release setting.

Anyway - that's why I was asking. If I have any qustions about how to control the sound without asking for secrets I'll give a shout back!

Aaaha, well, it's much more than 1024 ;). I think you can just check for yourself. From what I know, that MSpectralDynamics's audio quality is very very high.
Vojtech

I'm back again after a vacation. Hello.

I was going to quote some of the questions asked by that other audio engineer but I see that it is me from 1.5 years ago... :(

I understand that you cannot tell me anything about the internal specs.

How about this approach, what adjustment would I make to have a small, medium, large FFT size which relates to frequency resolution? Does that have anything to do with the frequency spectrum adjustment also?

What is the smallest estimated frequency resolution at 1KHz, 100Hz? Is the frequency resolution smaller that 12Hz?

Is this a frequency domain compressor?

I don't care about any of that stuff I suppose if I can make it sound good.
I would be strapping this across a master buss on a rock mix (5-6 piece rock band).

I tried to find answers on the internet and in the manual. There's no video on MSpectral that I can find. It would be nice to see someone work it that knows how (you) as opposed to someone who thinks they know how (me) :lol:

Hehe, well, I cannot answer either, but nice try :D. The only answer I can give you is "yes, it is a spectral domain dynamics processor" ;).
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”