Redline Reverb!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks like 112db released it today for the insanely good price of $99! This thing is amazing and will be my main reverb of choice.

Finally R66 is back for Mac, except better than ever and from a company that I'm sure won't sell out by discontinuing their products and selling sample libraries. :hihi:

Amazing sound, generous demo period, simple copy protection and an insane price are a winning combination... wishing 112db / dj! much success with this one!
You are currently reading my signature.

"What embecile composed this list :/"

I just saw this one too!

Man! I can never get enough reverb plugins.

Between this and the aether group buy going on now, my wallet doesn't stand a chance. So much for my computer upgrade fund. :cry:
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

Wow! That's a generous demo. I didn't read it when filling out the form and downloading.

You get the full version with a fully functioning 60 day expiring license. That has to be the best demo I have come across.

It looks like I can go for the aether GB and have redline too!
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

KVR says 99$, and it seems you US-guys are better off, as I checked and get 130,45$ (as a "save 34% or so, normally it's more expensive, in the redline monitor thread a grace period of 3 months or so was mentioned, if I remember right...).

So maybe it is 99 Euro AND 99 Dollars (75 Euro today), meaning it will sell even better in the USA... Anyway, will try the demo now, which is very generous.

I just got the Redline Reverb.
It sounds fantastic. Much better than CSR or other reverbs I know.

This is pretty impressive! I got some nice lush big reverbs and also usable tiny spaces. Not bad. There is some grain to be heard so it's not the most dense reverb available but that has nothing to do with if it's good or not. For vocals and guitar and such a grainy reverb often works better than a super dense one (unless you are after realism but then impulses would be a better choice anyhow).

There are some missed opportunities though. There is no way to control the stereo width of the reverb which I think is rather bizarre. We are living in 2009 damn it! Also, the output volume knob only works as an attenuator and not as amplifier. I managed to dial in some really nice damped tiny spaces that required boosting of at least 12dB. Had to do this with a 3rd party plugin. Why on earth can't we simply have +12dB for the output knob?

Other than that.. this seems very worthy regardless of price, which is an added bonus!

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

what about CPU usage against Breverb or other competitors?

bmanic wrote:This is pretty impressive!
(And others before that) Thanks for the kudos guys, much MUCH appreciated & great to hear it's been worth the wait.
There are some missed opportunities though. There is no way to control the stereo width of the reverb which I think is rather bizarre. We are living in 2009 damn it! Also, the output volume knob only works as an attenuator and not as amplifier. I managed to dial in some really nice damped tiny spaces that required boosting of at least 12dB. Had to do this with a 3rd party plugin. Why on earth can't we simply have +12dB for the output knob?
Good points, so I'll put this on my todo list--will be in place in a (the?) next maintenance release. Thanks for the feedback!
poshook wrote:what about CPU usage against Breverb or other competitors?
I'm not going to directly compare Redline Reverb against others, but I managed 150+ simultaneous instances on a Core Duo (2.8 GHz if memory serves me correctly) without overloads. Would be interested to hear from others though!

-- dj!
Morgana | Redline Series | Big Blue Series

Gucky wrote:Much better than CSR
I find that difficult to believe, but I'll give it a spin when I get home this evening. The audio demos on the website don't seem to be up or working.
"a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption"

vespers75 wrote:
Gucky wrote:Much better than CSR
I find that difficult to believe, but I'll give it a spin when I get home this evening. The audio demos on the website don't seem to be up or working.
same here, in the evening will be compared to my Breverb and ArsAcoustic...

How long does it take to receive the evaluation license? I'm not sure if I'm having issues with my system or if the eval license is in process...

Also, not that I'm terribly picky about this, but there's no mention of Live 8 on the dropdown list.

Reading all the responses has me anxious/curious to give this a try.

.. ok, I was wrong. It can be VERY dense as well. Damn, this reverb is really impressive! Shows 2C guys that things don't have to cost an arm and a leg. I actually prefer this 112dB Reverb to their expensive (though more flexible) system.

I'm going to have to buy this thing I guess.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

elxicano wrote:How long does it take to receive the evaluation license? I'm not sure if I'm having issues with my system or if the eval license is in process...
They are sent out immediately, but the internet is a dark and mysterious place so... if you didn't receive a license after say 30 mins drop me a line and I'll send one manually.
elxicano wrote:Also, not that I'm terribly picky about this, but there's no mention of Live 8 on the dropdown list.
Thanks for pointing that out, it is now. :) FWIW The host list is only used for our own statistics and doesn't give you a different download or anything.

Take care,

-- dj!
Morgana | Redline Series | Big Blue Series

This is exactly why I've been holding off on the other and hoping that the Redline would come out in time in order to be able to compare them both. Very cool!

Not that I can't afford to get both if I really needed them, but on the other hand, I've been increasingly picky about things and about what I put on my computers. Price is important, but in the bigger picture, quality is even more important.

Congrats to 112dB on the release!

bmanic wrote:.. ok, I was wrong. It can be VERY dense as well. Damn, this reverb is really impressive! Shows 2C guys that things don't have to cost an arm and a leg. I actually prefer this 112dB Reverb to their expensive (though more flexible) system.

I'm going to have to buy this thing I guess.

Cheers!
bManic
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Return to “Effects”