Cableguys FilterShaper 2 in Public Beta

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all, FilterShaper 2 is now in public beta!

We released the first version of FilterShaper (http://www.cableguys.de/filter-shaper.html) about 1 year ago, and it has gotten some outstanding reviews. But now it is time for version 2 with the most requested features implemented, time for..:

- Filter routings: You can choose between parallel and serial routing of the two filters.
- Filter panning: In parallel mode, each filter has individual controls for panning and volume. Two examples what that is useful for: To provide some subtle changes to the stereo image, you might want to pan one filter to the left and the other one to the right with using the same filter type on both of them, but with little different cutoff frequencies. Or lets say you have a mix playing a bass as well as shakers. Now use a low pass filter, panned to the center for providing the low ends, and use a high pass filter and modulate its pan to provide some movement in the highs.
- Free running LFOs: FilterShaper 1 only allowed you to set the loop length in rhythmic units synced to your host software. Version 2 adds the possibility to set the speed of the loop in hertz, independently from the host tempo.
- Master pan: The plugin got a master pan control which can be modulated just as all the other controls. Even leaving the filters aside, this is a rich feature for providing some movement to your sounds.
- GUI overhaul: People thought of FilterShaper's GUI being too reduced and academical. So we hope you like the new look.
- Improved wave editing: Some further tweaks done.
- Smoother wave editing: On modern graphics card, the CPU consumption of drawing the wave is drastically reduced. (Note: Due to the variety of systems, we cannot test this for all configurations. We are very much interested if the wave drawing uses lots of CPU on your machine, if the wave does not look as nice as on our screenshot and if the system does not react smoothly on your machine.)

We are happy if lots of people test our baby. Please throw any requests on us, feature wishes, bugs and any feedback, as we gain for a high-quality and stable plugin. If you do not want to post to this forum thread, you can also write us via contact@cableguys.de or http://www.cableguys.de/contact.html.

Here is the latest Beta installer, currently Windows only:
http://www.cableguys.de/downloads/Cable ... aper_2.zip

An OS X version will be in beta some time later, too, so if you care, it is best if you check this thread again soon.

The beta works in demo mode, which gives you full functionality, but you can only run one plugin instance at a time. Furthermore, you can open the presets, test-drive the plugin and do any edits, but you cannot save your changes (to be more precise: you can save your edits in the demo version, but you can only open them as soon as you got a license for the full version).

Open issues:

- Fine-tuning of the GUI.
- The manual needs to be finished and proofread (the manual is in beta, too, so any feedback here is very much appreciated).
- There are different pan laws used in the wild, which determine the volume changes used for the left and right channels for a given panning. Every sequencer, plugin and mixing console uses one of these pan laws, but there is no standard for that. We consider to make it an option to choose the pan law, but we are not sure if we do that, as most people might just not care. If we do not add that option, we still need to decide if we stay with the current pan law.
- Check with a variety of hosts (done: Ableton Live 7 and Live 8, Steinberg Cubase 4).
- Check with an Asian installation of Windows.
- Finish and upload the Mac OS X port.

FilterShaper 2 will be more expensive than the first version, but we think the new features and the effort that we have put into the update compensate for that. The final price is not set, though.

And what about the upgrade price ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...

stanlea wrote:And what about the upgrade price ?
FilterShaper 1 is 29 EUR/USD 44. For customers of FilterShaper 1, the final price of version 2 will be at least EUR 15/USD 22 lower than for customers who have not bought version 1.

But let's make an offer here: Everybody who buys FilterShaper 1 now and points out my words in this thread via a mail to contact@cableguys.de (just after buying FilterShaper 1), will get a discount of EUR 29/USD 44 for the upgrade to version 2.

We have not set the price for version 2 yet, though.
Last edited by Jakob / Cableguys on Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yay for the version 2 beta :D
cant wait to get back home and start tweaking :)
thanks Jakob :tu:

are the presets made with version 1 readable by version 2?
also, can the 2 versions co-exist in the same vst folder, particularly if not possible to open old presets with the new version?

Peace
Dubadelica - Electronic music since 1996 http://www.dubadelica.com/about.php
Radio Rebelde - Modern roots reggae with an electronic twist https://radiorebeldereggae.bandcamp.com/

dreaddd wrote:are the presets made with version 1 readable by version 2?
Yes! However the demo (this first beta only has demo mode) does not allow to load custom presets.
also, can the 2 versions co-exist in the same vst folder, particularly if not possible to open old presets with the new version?
Yes, they can. More details here: The full version of FilterShaper 2 can open all songs or presets made with FilterShaper 1. Any automation that you did for FilterShaper 1 will still work in FilterShaper 2, except for automations of the waves. So should you have a song with automated wave points, you need to use FilterShaper 1 in this song. It is no problem to use FilterShaper 1 and FilterShaper 2 in parallel.

awesome!!! :) thanx :)
i wont delete version 1 even if i use version 2 anyway since i have some old stuff that stands incomplete that still use that one, so i wouldnt enjoy much cubase going crazy while loading the project file and calling the pluggie :cry:
cant believe that finding the "offending" plug, if that happens, in Reaper its 1000000 times easier than in Cubase, and therefore to exclude temporarily the plug while loading the song.....they should release a debug small app to let users eventually find out EASILY where the actual problem is, while loading a song with some "wrong" plug..

Peace
Dubadelica - Electronic music since 1996 http://www.dubadelica.com/about.php
Radio Rebelde - Modern roots reggae with an electronic twist https://radiorebeldereggae.bandcamp.com/

Looking forward to giving this a try out! v.1 gets a lot of use here...great plugin

Nice! This is one of my favorite tools!! Can't wait to give the beta a run :D

Quick question about the possible upgrade to 2... For existing users it will be $22 dollars cheaper than the final price, or it will be $22 dollars?

I honestly believe the original price was an absolute steal. I was fortunate enough to pick this up during the "mini-group buy" and was extremely surprised to find out how slick and useable this was, as i had barely touched the demo before buying in... which just proves that impulse buys can have very happy endings!

I guess I'm just saying I won't be complaining no matter the price, but am just curious to know what to plan for. For now though, I will just have a bit of fun w/the beta.

I see you already have Live 8 down, so I guess this will give me a good excuse to have some runs at Reaper. :D

elxicano wrote:Quick question about the possible upgrade to 2... For existing users it will be $22 dollars cheaper than the final price, or it will be $22 dollars?
I see, my previous words on that had been a little unclear. For customers of FilterShaper 1, the final price of version 2 will be at least EUR 15/USD 22 lower than for customers who have not bought version 1.

Everyone who buys FilterShaper 1 now and sends me a mail right afterwards to contact@cableguys.de, will get a discount of EUR 29/USD 44 for the upgrade to version 2.

i have filtershaper 1,really love that.so looking really forward to ver.2

have downloaded the beta,and will test in renoise 2 and reaper 3 beta

Jakob / CableGuys wrote:
elxicano wrote:Quick question about the possible upgrade to 2... For existing users it will be $22 dollars cheaper than the final price, or it will be $22 dollars?
I see, my previous words on that had been a little unclear. For customers of FilterShaper 1, the final price of version 2 will be at least EUR 15/USD 22 lower than for customers who have not bought version 1.

Everyone who buys FilterShaper 1 now and sends me a mail right afterwards to contact@cableguys.de, will get a discount of EUR 29/USD 44 for the upgrade to version 2.

Cool... Well, count me in regardless of what the final price will be. FilterShaper has become an essential tool and I'm extremely happy to see version 2 being in the works for release. :D

Beta 2 is online, with one fix:

- Volume and Pan had been interchanged in the GUI of the modulation matrix.

The download location will stay the same throughout the Beta:

http://www.cableguys.de/downloads/Cable ... aper_2.zip

Jakob / CableGuys wrote:

Well did I miss something or .......... do ole' fidel customers (like me 8) who bought FilterShaper1 will have a LESS important upgrade discount than someone who buy it NOW :?: :?: :?:

Funny cos I just mentioned Filtershape 1 as one of my favs low price best things in another thread. Now given the situation I dont know if I really want to upgrade : It would cost me less to buy it now a second time :? :shock: :-o

well ......... :roll:

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:
Jakob / CableGuys wrote:

Well did I miss something or .......... do ole' fidel customers (like me 8) who bought FilterShaper1 will have a LESS important upgrade discount than someone who buy it NOW :?: :?: :?:

Funny cos I just mentioned Filtershape 1 as one of my favs low price best things in another thread. Now given the situation I dont know if I really want to upgrade : It would cost me less to buy it now a second time :? :shock: :-o

well ......... :roll:

LtZ
I don't see anything wrong with that... most companies operate this way.

If you buy a product while the latest version is close to release (and it has been announced), then you usually get it for free.

Seems fair to me. :shrug:

Return to “Effects”