Making Retro DrumKits on Zebra

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is a little patch which will point you to some basics when creating retro synth drums.

The patch contains 4 kits which can be used alone or mixed.

All guidelines are found within the patch and i have included a MIDI file
to help you get started right away. Its a great start to come up with various percusive things and you can run tons of instances because its very CPU friendly.

Give it a go:

http://www.synthtronic.com/demos/Z2_RetroDrumKits.zip

Have fun and have a nice summer :)

/Michael

EDIT: Here is an audio example where first 8 bars use the default patch with the Comp1 on, next 8 bars i changed tuning, turned on reverb and comp1 and last 8 bars is seperate instances for each sound source so i could use the comp/rev/eq for the individual sounds:

http://www.synthtronic.com/demos/MK_Z2_ ... umKits.mp3
Last edited by mkastrup on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour

Can't wait to download and fire up... thanks for posting this!

:D

+1 8)

Cheers Michael

Thanks Michael!

Timing is perfect. I just wanted to get microtonic but 1st I wanted to pratice doing some drum sounds in Zebra. Thank you.

Peace,
Andy.

Retro without the tape hiss 8)
And a good example of using the modmap as well.
Thanks!
//L

Always a pleasure to listen and learn from your patches. Can't wait to get home from work & try these out. Thanks in advance!

This reminds me, i'm getting my Visa card next week, so i'll finally be able to buy your and Howard's soundbanks :love:

Nice one, Mike :)

Updated initial post with an audio example. Ideas for other things you should try messin with are the OSC FX Fundament on/off and OSC Sync.

So its all about Tuning, Envelope, Fundament and Sync, play around with these things and you will find lots of retro style percusive.

/Michael
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour

Return to “u-he”