Solion_ohmicide909_cochon_d_inde
No votes
Submission-Plutonian Midway-TAL-Elec7ro
3%
TAL tryout
No votes
TAL-dubli_3
8%
The Monodubs-Just one (one synth challenge)
5%
Tomonori_elek7rock_TAL
No votes
Treeshaker-TalElec7rochallenge-Tattiemannie
No votes
Yeager_TALElek7ro-Reached the Limit
5%

Total votes: 38

RELATED
PRODUCTS

The strange for me is how suddenly the 20something~ votes went to 31 within a day or two, and (almost?) all of them went to these three tracks.
All of a suddent the lovers of these tracks popped out the last day and started voting? (except the track "Elek7ofunk7ional" which got 2 or 3 votes right after the poll. But I think it is sensible to say the 2 or 3 voters were sure for their choice before the voting topic. No sure voters for any of the rest 21 tracks even though eventually there were many? Still, leave this alone.)

Don't get me wrong, but these actions, given the anonymity of the voting, are honestly weird for me. 20 days vs 1 day.
Now lets see those 15 people posting here about how much they liked these tracks, and make me STFU. 8)

Edit:
Of course these tracks are worthy. The strange thing is the ten votes of the last day versus the 20 votes of the rest of the voting period! ;)
*blah blah blah blah everybody sing along*

16 posts in the last 2 days, 30 previous to that .... the ratio matches the voting! .... its really all about keeping the thread bumped/active. Serve has
explained his difficulties with his input, and we have to accept that .... but we can learn from this I think.

If we want to get people voting, we all need to keep plugging the thread and not rely on one guy or a small minority to keep the wheels turning.

Anyway, no complaints about any of the three leaders ... in fact, I dont think I would have a prob with any three! :hihi:

Maybe it's me then. :)
I tell this because I left home Friday and returned Sunday, and saw ~10 more votes. There were ~20 votes before (this took ~20 days).

genealex wrote:The strange for me is how suddenly the 20something~ votes went to 31 within a day or two, and (almost?) all of them went to these three tracks.
I checked the Google cache of the voting thread :), and after Tattiemannie posted "One more day!!!!!!!!!!!!!", this is how the votes have actually gone up from 22:

TAL-dubli_3 got one more vote,
FN-Elek7ofunk7ional got one more vote,
Elek7ro_togu-Elektroid got two more votes,
Elek7ro_deadline_worm got three more votes
Matic27_MatterAndEnergy_TAL got one vote, and
Submission-Plutonian Midway-TAL-Elec7ro got one vote.

Looks fine to me. I wanted to check this out because I was so pleasantly surprised by my three last minute votes I audibly exclaimed "OH MAN!" and jumped a little :D. Outside the challenge thread, I hadn't told anyone other than my girlfriend about this tune even existing.

Guenon wrote:I was so pleasantly surprised by my three last minute votes I audibly exclaimed "OH MAN!" and jumped a little :D. Outside the challenge thread, I hadn't told anyone other than my girlfriend about this tune even existing.
Good to hear! :D
I don't share much about my music with my girlfriend because I thought she doesn't really care about it, so I said "leave it alone, I'll never tell anything about it to her anymore... :| "... :hihi:

I liked your track. :)
Just not enough extended as a composition for my likes, but great sounds... ;)
Good luck! :)

Here is the winner:

Elek7ro_deadline_worm 18% [6 Votes]

I went ahead and cast the deciding Vote. I didn't get no feedback either way on my Idea to cast the deciding vote, so I figured it was the decent thing to do in this situation being that I hadnt voted yet do to my work and traveling all over the damn country!

** As for the winner, I'll need your shirt size and you can PM me with that and your address for shipping. Also please include a valid email address so as I can email you the other prizes. Thaks everyone for making my first OSC pretty succesful! I enjoyed all the tracks and it was hard to make a decision, but a fast paced game of "rock, paper, scisors" sure helped :lol:

Thanks everyone.
agent
Ableton-Moog-Spectrasonics-Native Instruments-Propellerhead-CamelAudio-LennarDigital-2CAudio-Renoise-Korg-JoMoX-MOTU-PeterTools-FXpansion-IK Multimedia-Fabfilter-Vinyl/Tape

:o

Wow!

I'm honored, given the quality of the entries. Thank you, everyone -- and of course, special thanks to TAL for making Elek7ro and releasing it free of charge!

Sending the PM real soon :)

Congratulations to the winner but...

I want to say some words...

I don't care if i win or not, i have made my track days ago just for phun but i think, the way you were going to determine a winner, was the wrong way...

You made the rulez of the compo and you made the deadline and you were still the dude who break the rulez by giving your vote after the deadline, this was the stupiest way to determine a winner...

And i have again learned something... Don't made anything for a KVR compo...

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Well crap, what did you want me to do? I asked if I should do it this way and asked in a timely manner if any one had any objections.... A day and a half passed with no other ideas pointed out.

I could have ran another vote based on all three entries, I could have just sat and waited untill some one yelled "what the hell is going on here? who's running the show here, whos the winner?", I could have cancelled the damn thing alltogether based on many factors ( such as my time restraints for running this thing), I could have done it a million different ways!

But I chose this way..... Would have you prefered to draw straws? :roll:

*EDIT*

Actaully now I see I posted this idea on Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:56 pm.... Why didn't give a better idea at that time when I asked for one? I'm only one man here I can't read minds :?
agent
Ableton-Moog-Spectrasonics-Native Instruments-Propellerhead-CamelAudio-LennarDigital-2CAudio-Renoise-Korg-JoMoX-MOTU-PeterTools-FXpansion-IK Multimedia-Fabfilter-Vinyl/Tape

Well, i don't want to make any problems but i think the rulez are for everyone and that's it...!

I cannot post any new ideas how to determine the winner when my track is under the first three tracks, that's stupid, too...

Well, no more words from me about this....

Congratulations to the winner...

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Well a few people broke the rules on this OSC.... mainly with naming the submitted tracks not how I requested and not posting the submission post in the proper format..... But I moved forward as I didn't feel it was that big of a deal and I didn't have the time to police the thread and entries so much.

I more than likely will consider this my one and only ever OSC until I retire :? Between work and composing music I have no time.....
agent

Ok, topic closed...

Frank

serve wrote:Well a few people broke the rules on this OSC.... mainly with naming the submitted tracks not how I requested and not posting the submission post in the proper format..... But I moved forward as I didn't feel it was that big of a deal and I didn't have the time to police the thread and entries so much.

I more than likely will consider this my one and only ever OSC until I retire :? Between work and composing music I have no time.....
You're more worried about naming conventions, than the fact that several went over the 3 min. mark?? :bang: Or the fact that 2 of the tracks never made it into the master zip file, and no one said anything? I didn't even notice until I went through the original thread a few days ago..too late now.

To the winner, congratulations! It was certainly one of my favorite tracks in the entire competition! Say...if I ever do an experimental video involving acid tripping, clowns, mimes, all doing the robot in 1985, couldn't I use your track as the centerpiece? :lol:

I guess it wasn't the most orginized OSC ever.......

If I had more time I would have noticed that two tracks had been left out. The last I read the zipped folder was up to date with all entries. My mistake and I apoligize for that.
agent

Congrats to the winner!

And thanks serve for running the comp. I have a lot of sympathy for you serve, I know how hard it is trying to please everyone, and the role of decision making is a real minefield in the absence of input .. and even when there is some input, it is hard to know how representative that input is of the general/majority view. So I can appreciate the difficulties you faced in guessing what was an approprate amount of time to wait for guidance

Anyway, enough of that, the real issue for me is that it happened, it was fun to be a part of, a load of excellent music was produced as a result, and an excellent, in depth demonstration of a great synth is now available.

Just want to add that I am happy to transfer the tracks, plus the zip file to a folder on the hosting site ( alongside other previous comps ) so that they remain freely downloadable.

If any artist does not wish to have their tracks included, please PM me.

I'll not do anything yet though, pending feedback/responses re. this issue.

Thanks again for a cool comp!

Oh, and if anyone is fired up for an argument re comp rules, theres a good level of discussion going on re. the next OSC ( In the Crystal comp voting thread ) .... get yer oar in now while it can actually make a difference :)

Return to “Instruments”