The I promise I will not buy more gear-thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi! I am IncarnateX and I am a gear junkie!

You know what I am talking about and you know how it feels to promise yourself, your girlfriend and your family again and again that you will not buy any more gear because THIS TIME, you really have what you need and can not imagine why you would want to buy more.

You know the problem: YOU PROMISE, YOU PROMISE AND YOU PROMISE!

And you know the cure: KEEP PROMISING!

So, apart from the Poly 800 table top module I bought last month and the PG-300 controller for my Juno 1 I am buying today, I PROMISE NOT TO BUY ANY MORE GEAR!

THIS time it is for real.....I PROMISE!

Now what gear have YOU promised NOT to buy and what gear do you promise NOT to buy in the future?

Thanks for listening.

I have a baby due in 5 weeks, and I've still been cashing in on these great deals. Minimonsta, Largo, Komplete, UAD plugs, etc. have all been mine this month and I've yet to buy a baby buggy.

I promise I won't buy any more music gear this year except for:
  • Imposcar (which is already paid for - I just need JRRShop to get stock)

SynthSquad if it's £180 or less. If FXpansion play the 'currency' game, it's no sale.

Any other audiomidi $10 deals.

Perhaps, the next big UAD plugin, depending on the offer :lol:
Other than the above, I PROMISE not to buy anything else until my credit card has been cleared.

(And all the above is in addition to the Canon 85mm f1.2L that seemed to arrive :help: )
Last edited by koalaboy on Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

I have promised NOT to buy:

An Epiphone acoustic
An EV Blue Raven mic
A Waldorf Blofeld
Omnisphere
All the Audio Damage plug-ins
All the UGO and de la mancha plug-ins
Kirk Hunter's solo strings
A Virus TI Polar

That's right. I am not going to buy them.

:hihi:

Seriously, I don't need anything..but then deals like the one for psp nitro come along..
:shrug:

koalaboy wrote:I have a baby due in 5 weeks, and I've still been cashing in on these great deals. Minimonsta, Largo, Komplete, UAD plugs, etc. have all been mine this month and I've yet to buy a baby buggy.
Sell the kid and you can afford all the plug ins you want.

I promise to stop promising not to buy more gear :D

i know that feeling so well and i have promised to myself over and over again but i fear that i cannot resist bestservice titan and/or synthsquad.
oh, and btw we will also have a baby by the end of september.
cheers

I promised myself I wasn't going to buy anything this year. So far... Sonar 8, KSM27, Wusik 5, 1985 Greco LP Custom and a Peavy 100W Windsor head... I got a little 1000he netbook and a few odds and ends. About $2000 bucks so far.

Frankly I could have done without the Peavy and the netbook but the Peavy was a steal and I really like my netbook.

I can't think of anything else anyway but that's why I'm not buying anything for the rest of this year and maybe not next year. :?

tomg wrote:I promised myself I wasn't going to buy anything this year.
Next year try promising yourself you'll buy everything.

Acid Mitch wrote:
tomg wrote:I promised myself I wasn't going to buy anything this year.
Next year try promising yourself you'll buy everything.
It's the same promise every year and I do great! No way am I going to change something that works this well! :D

I could go on and on, but I'm here to see what Greylion has to say for himself.

Riley :lol:
Asus CM6870 3AB, i7 3770 Ivy, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB Internal, Windows 8 64bit Pro,RME Firface UC, Reaper. Ableton Live 9, Sonar X2, Maschine.

I promise to stay cool when all you guys will broke your promises :wink:

You'll see that if its indeed good to torture yourself with such promises, it will be even better when you'll deny it.

"Torture never stops" F Zappa :wink:

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

koalaboy wrote:I have a baby due in 5 weeks,
Congrats my fellow Southeasterner.

Oh, and how will you explain to your child that he fell out of his/her crib as a baby because your homemade one(that you made to save money) didn't have walls because AudioMidi had a sale?

Brent :lol:
My host is better than your host

koolkeys wrote:

Well, I'm probably more a North-Easterner so far as Nashville is concerned :wink: Thanks though :D
koolkeys wrote:Oh, and how will you explain to your child that he fell out of his/her crib as a baby because your homemade one(that you made to save money) didn't have walls because AudioMidi had a sale?

Baby Hammock, so hopefully that won't happen 8)

koalaboy wrote:
koolkeys wrote:

Well, I'm probably more a North-Easterner so far as Nashville is concerned :wink: Thanks though :D
pfft..... STUPID ME!!! Ok, don't laugh, but this is what happens when you skim over things while tired: I thought your location said Kentucky, haha! Please, please don't laugh. I can hear you laughing!

Ok, go ahead and laugh. I'm even laughing, so you'll be laughing with me. LOL, what a goof!
koolkeys wrote:Oh, and how will you explain to your child that he fell out of his/her crib as a baby because your homemade one(that you made to save money) didn't have walls because AudioMidi had a sale?

Baby Hammock, so hopefully that won't happen 8)
Ohhhh, good call.

Brent 8)
My host is better than your host

To be honest, I've given up promising :)

But I do have a sort of workaround... I can only buy something new if I sell something old. So, goodbye Roland VariOS/VC1 and hello APC40 :) (Once they actually get them back in stock!)

Next, I'm thinking of selling my Novation K-Station and some other odds and sods to buy a UAD-2 Solo Laptop card. And once the APC40 arrives, I can get rid of my UC-33 and PadKontrol and buy something else!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”