Getting Presets Recognized In Synth 1

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just uninstalled Synth 1 to reinstall it on a new hard drive. While I was at it I found a page with scads of Synth 1 presets. I downloaded them all and have saved them to a folder. The problem is, I don't know how to use them as new preset banks in Synth 1. I use Toby Bear's minihost with my soft synths. It only offers the option of directing it to find fxb and fxp files as presets, and Synth 1 does not use this type of file. I tried dropping one of the folders of new presets into the Synth 1 folder on the new hard drive, but it does not show up in the synth preset window. How does one put these to use? Thanks in advance.

In the "options" (OPT) menu you can define up to 10 presets folders (Banks) that Synth1 will load at startup .

Do a search for "synth1" folders.
One of the 2 you find should contain 10 numbered folders to drag your presets into. Only use seperate folders for each bank.
The 1st folder "01" already has presets in it, so you might not use that one.
The folders are labeled "02", "03", etc...
Place your presets in them.

MCnoone wrote:Do a search for "synth1" folders.
One of the 2 you find should contain 10 numbered folders to drag your presets into. Only use seperate folders for each bank.
The 1st folder "01" already has presets in it, so you might not use that one.
The folders are labeled "02", "03", etc...
Place your presets in them.
MCnoone:

Worked great! Thanks. I wish the creator of the application allowed for more preset folders, but I can always delete the content of one and drag and drop the content of another when I feel the need to try something different. I think I have collected about 30 folders of presets. Thanks again.

standalone wrote:In the "options" (OPT) menu you can define up to 10 presets folders (Banks) that Synth1 will load at startup .
Standalone:

Thanks for the input. Mcnoone's response better helped me to figure out how to get the presets where they needed to be, but your response made it more obvious how to access them once they were in the correct folders. I actually needed to know both to make it work, so it turned out great. Thanks again.

Great to know that you finally got it fixed ! . I have about 50 banks ! . Here are three of the best , maybe you don't have them yet :

http://ann.sounds.free.fr/

This one is great too but I think it is in KVR's presets section , so maybe you already got it :

http://synthesis.kaiyoti.com/banks/kaiyoti_bank01.zip

standalone wrote:Great to know that you finally got it fixed ! . I have about 50 banks ! . Here are three of the best , maybe you don't have them yet :

http://ann.sounds.free.fr/

This one is great too but I think it is in KVR's presets section , so maybe you already got it :

http://synthesis.kaiyoti.com/banks/kaiyoti_bank01.zip
Standalone:

Thanks, again. I did get the last but not the first 3, so I've downloaded and saved them to my Synth 1 preset folder.

It's a good idea to just rename the folders with presets you don't need, by adding the word "old" to the end of the folder, then make a new folder with the name "01" "02" etc... to put the newer presets into. That way you don't need to delete the older presets, and can have them ready if needed.
That's what I do, anyway.
Have fun with it.
Michael :)

MCnoone wrote:It's a good idea to just rename the folders with presets you don't need, by adding the word "old" to the end of the folder, then make a new folder with the name "01" "02" etc... to put the newer presets into. That way you don't need to delete the older presets, and can have them ready if needed.
That's what I do, anyway.
Have fun with it.
Michael :)
MCnoone:

That's a cool idea. I've been trying to think what would be the easiest. I came up with just leaving the file with its original name, temporarily dragging the old file out of the Synth 1 folder to my desktop, copying a new folder from my presets folder into the Synth 1 folder, and then renaming it with the soundbank## format to replace the file I dragged out. I'll have to try both and see how much work it is! Thanks.

Rob

Never understood why the dev limited the banks to 10. In theory there's no limit to the number that could be supported. Renaming, while functional, is not a lot of fun.
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

Eduardo:

I had the same question in mind. I suspect it's unlikely it will be answered!

Rob

Since it's a VST I wonder if it's possible to save as ordinary fxp/b format using the host's preset support? That might be a workaround. You could even wrap it in Wusik VM to do this permanently.

aMUSEd wrote:Since it's a VST I wonder if it's possible to save as ordinary fxp/b format using the host's preset support? That might be a workaround. You could even wrap it in Wusik VM to do this permanently.
I'm trying to recall, but isn't each bank limited to 100 fxp patches? That would make the total 1000, which seems like enough, I suppose. This synth doesn't support banks, does it?
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

eduardo_b wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Since it's a VST I wonder if it's possible to save as ordinary fxp/b format using the host's preset support? That might be a workaround. You could even wrap it in Wusik VM to do this permanently.
I'm trying to recall, but isn't each bank limited to 100 fxp patches? That would make the total 1000, which seems like enough, I suppose. This synth doesn't support banks, does it?
No idea - don't use it. But it might be worth trying using the hosts preset management. If you use Wusik VM though you can just save to single fxps and Wusik VM will remember where they are and be able to browse them.

standalone wrote:In the "options" (OPT) menu you can define up to 10 presets folders (Banks) that Synth1 will load at startup .
I've been trying to learn how to do that. I've got stuff in soundbanks 00,01 and 02. I hit opt and Change Folder Path and selected 01 to start with and got it to load but then couldn't get back to soundbank00. Later I got it to do that, then tried 02 and it looks like maybe it added it? But now it looks like there are possibly all three folders listed, and some presets and maybe even some complete folders are in there more than once. Can anyone tell me how to undo that and get control over this? It seems I'm doing the right things, sort of, but not in the correct order, or I'm leaving something out, or whatever... I still don't really know what I'm doing :(

Return to “Sound Design”