0.7.3 Demo not showing up in Pro Tools with VST-RTAS wrapper

Official support for: ariescode.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Christian!

I've been trying out the Ariesverb demo in Live 7 and I am really loving it, but I'd like to be able also to use it in Pro Tools 8.0, as that is my primary DAW. I am using FXpansion's VST-RTAS Adapter v2.11 and the Ariesverb 0.7.3 Demo does not show up in my list of plugins in Pro Tools. Interestingly, Ariesverb 0.4a DOES show up and work in Pro Tools.

Anyway, I just wanted to make you aware of this issue. This plugin rocks, and I'm seriously considering buying it. I feel with a little more development Areisverb could become the ultimate reverb/delay/multi FX plugin. Keep up the great work!

Bryan

Hi Bappel,
thanks for your report.
Having AriesVerb 0.4 and AriesVerb 0.7 concurrently in the VST folder confuses some hosts, since they have the same plugin ID. (In this case, the VST wrapper is the 'host'). So you should first try to make sure that there are no multiple AriesVerb .dlls in the VST folder. What you can also do is try to rename one of the dlls.

Hope this helps,

Yep, that was it. I removed AriesVerb 0.4a from my VST folder and re-wrapped, and the 0.7 demo now shows up in Pro Tools.

I can confirm that AriesVerb 0.7.3 Demo works fine in Pro Tools. I'll report back here if I notice any bugs.

Thanks for your help!

Return to “AriesCode”