What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Polymoog Vox Humana samples.

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

9387 posts since 17 Sep, 2002, from Gothenburg Sweden

Postby jupiter8; Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:38 pm

Kriminal wrote:
jupiter8 wrote:
Some samples had a weird attack and the volume between differs quite a bit. I could have fixed that and normalized the files. I choose not to. Again to keep as much of the original character as possible.

i dont think it was original character, i think it was bad sampling...i wont be DL.

I dare you to DL them and tell me which samples have a weird attack. Cmon big boy. Do you have big balls or are those just a couple of oranges in your panties?

If you get 'em right i promise to fix them for you and just you,noone else.
It'll be exclusive "Kriminal limited edition Moog Polymoog Vox Humana Preset 2008".

:hihi:
KVRist

177 posts since 3 Jun, 2006

Postby cobalt1; Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:51 pm

jupiter8 wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
jupiter8 wrote:
Some samples had a weird attack and the volume between differs quite a bit. I could have fixed that and normalized the files. I choose not to. Again to keep as much of the original character as possible.

i dont think it was original character, i think it was bad sampling...i wont be DL.

I dare you to DL them and tell me which samples have a weird attack. Cmon big boy. Do you have big balls or are those just a couple of oranges in your panties? If you get 'em right i promise to fix them for you and just you,noone else.
It'll be exclusive "Kriminal limited edition Moog Polymoog Vox Humana Preset 2008". :hihi:

wow... Kriminal you should consider the concept of positive feedback; if you think somethings wrong with the samples either make a respectable suggestion to remedy the issue; post your own or keep silent.

Jupiter why you even responding to this stuff?
see thats what happens when beggars become choosers. :wink:
(sig under construction)
KVRAF

18330 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from England

Postby Kriminal; Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:21 pm

i downloaded the original ones a while back, and beacuse of the variation in volume of the samples i found them unusable...

i wasnt having a dig a jupiter...he didnt sample them.
KVRAF

Postby jupiter8; Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:36 am

cobalt1 wrote:
jupiter8 wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
jupiter8 wrote:

I dare you to DL them and tell me which samples have a weird attack. Cmon big boy. Do you have big balls or are those just a couple of oranges in your panties? If you get 'em right i promise to fix them for you and just you,noone else.
It'll be exclusive "Kriminal limited edition Moog Polymoog Vox Humana Preset 2008". :hihi:

wow... Kriminal you should consider the concept of positive feedback; if you think somethings wrong with the samples either make a respectable suggestion to remedy the issue; post your own or keep silent.

Jupiter why you even responding to this stuff?
see thats what happens when beggars become choosers. :wink:

Don't worry about it. It's my new style. Sun Tzu (famous Chinese dude) stuff.
Like if someone attacks you don't attck back, head on. Instead you take a step back and he falls flat on his face.
Kriminal wrote:i downloaded the original ones a while back, and beacuse of the variation in volume of the samples i found them unusable...

i wasnt having a dig a jupiter...he didnt sample them.

I thought you were joking actually hence my slightly over the top reply (Plus i've had quite a few beers at that time :D). You could try batch normalizing them. Could possible screw up the loop points though. Or just manually assign the volume on the ones you think were too off. I thought that they were fairly consistent with maybe 4-5 a bit off so it should'nt be too much work.

It's ok. They're not for everyone. If you don't use 'em it does'nt really matter. I just wanted some to use them. To see zero downloads was a bit disheartening.
KVRist

303 posts since 9 Nov, 2004

Postby David Else; Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:24 am

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For god's sake, please don't give negative criticism to people who are giving away their hard work for free!!!!!!!!!!

Fine to make a polite suggestion to improve it... or even better offer some help :)

would it be possible to get a high quality version of the orchestron choir? one sample per key with very long samples?

here's a multi's of my ms404 analogue mono synth SAW osc's to say thanks. great to use as osc's in short circuit for analogue warmth :) Just add filters etc...

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/te54dr

45 megs, recorded on audiofire soundcard.

CHEERS!
KVRAF

18330 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from England

Postby Kriminal; Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:32 am

well, maybe i was a bit OTT, maybe it was taken the wrong way, my apologies, no harm meant.
KVRAF

16324 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:50 am

jupiter8 wrote:Hmmm 80 odd views and not a single download. That's a bit depressing. For comparison the Orchestron samples have been downloaded 54 times.

I've been to the page you linked to ( http://www.box.net/shared/16ozbbv9nb ), but there are no files to download. I would love to check out the Poly-Moog and the Orchestron samples. :shrug:
KVRAF

Postby thecontrolcentre; Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:53 am

thermal wrote:here's a multi's of my ms404 analogue mono synth SAW osc's to say thanks. great to use as osc's in short circuit for analogue warmth :) Just add filters etc...

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/te54dr

Thanks very much :D
KVRAF

Postby jupiter8; Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:01 am

Kriminal wrote:well, maybe i was a bit OTT, maybe it was taken the wrong way, my apologies, no harm meant.

I took no offence what so ever. I thought you were joking and thought it was a rather funny reply.
thermal wrote:would it be possible to get a high quality version of the orchestron choir? one sample per key with very long samples?

I'm afraid not. They were just some random samples i came across by sheer coincidence. That's all i got. Maybe i could mail the author and ask politely if he could do some more recordings.
thecontrolcentre wrote:I've been to the page you linked to ( http://www.box.net/shared/16ozbbv9nb ), but there are no files to download. I would love to check out the Poly-Moog and the Orchestron samples. :shrug:

I don't know what to tell you. When i press that link i get the correct page. And 94 have downloaded the Orchestron set already.

http://www.box.net/shared/t29qlhcttg
Try this link for the Orchestron set and
http://www.zshare.net/download/203221727b96861e/
for the Polymoog samples.
KVRAF

Postby thecontrolcentre; Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:12 am

jupiter8 wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:I've been to the page you linked to ( http://www.box.net/shared/16ozbbv9nb ), but there are no files to download. I would love to check out the Poly-Moog and the Orchestron samples. :shrug:

I don't know what to tell you. When i press that link i get the correct page. And 94 have downloaded the Orchestron set already.

http://www.box.net/shared/t29qlhcttg
Try this link for the Orchestron set and
http://www.zshare.net/download/203221727b96861e/
for the Polymoog samples.

That got it :D Cheers ...
KVRAF

Postby jupiter8; Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:19 am

I just found some chromatic organ recordings of the Orchestrons lesser cousin the Optigan. I predict an Optigan organ set in the near future (like tomorrow).

Some random stuff i forgot to mention:
If you want to do your own keymapping in another sampler then the first note is an E1 (correct octave?) then chromatically up the keyboard. Kontakt makes this a breeze. Have no experience with any other samplers,not soft ones that is.

Plus something i else i forgot again.
KVRAF

Postby thecontrolcentre; Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:30 am

jupiter8 wrote:I predict an Optigan organ set in the near future (like tomorrow).

Sweet :D
KVRAF

Postby jupiter8; Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:01 am

Bump. Just to be an ass. :D
KVRian

503 posts since 1 Jun, 2008

Postby monkeyweasel; Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:27 am

jupiter8 wrote:Bump. Just to be an ass. :D

I knew there was one! I just posted about this on the other thread and then went back to the main page to see 2 vox humana threads. very confused for a minute...
Signature blocked until somebody convinces me they aren't utterly pointless
KVRAF

Postby jupiter8; Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:06 pm

monkeyweasel wrote:
jupiter8 wrote:Bump. Just to be an ass. :D

I knew there was one! I just posted about this on the other thread and then went back to the main page to see 2 vox humana threads. very confused for a minute...

I thought for a brief moment of posting it in that thread but i'm not that much of an ass. :hihi:

To be fair the other offering is probably/most likely/definitely of higher quality than mine/STGs offering. But if funds are short....
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries