Differences between Cubase Ai and the full Cubase??

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone know how 'cut down' Ai is compared to the full and latest version? Whats missing? Anything that could be considered essential?

I don't know the difference but maybe you could check out Steinbergs page and see what the features are:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/st ... maha1.html
or a Yamaha page:
http://yamahamusic.com.au/products/musi ... cubase.asp

Then take a look at the product comparison for the other Cubase 4 products.
http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/mu ... ails0.html

Maybe someone else has more detailed info?

Cubase 5 comparison chart

AI is about the same as Cubase LE 4, but with the Yamaha integration

* Cubase 4 audio engine
* 48 audio tracks and up to 64 MIDI tracks
* HALion One software sample player with selected Motif sounds
* Plug&Play VST/MIDI setup with Yamaha products such as Motif XS Music Production Synthesizer and n-series Digital Mixing Studio
* Studio Connections "Recall" as well as special product-specific functions for perfect software-hardware integration
* 25 VST effects, including 15 VST3 plug-ins
* 20 MIDI styles and 480 drum loops included

In Cubase 5, the Variaudio function is fantastic, you likely won't need Melodyne for pitch correction.
New effects in 5, like Reverance are also great.
⬆ Jon from The REAPER Blog

Thank you. I just bought a Yamaha KX8 and the Ai came with it. I'll basically shuffle between Live and Cubase then - Cubase for MIDI and maybe final mixing, Live for most of the rest. That should be sufficient for now.Later maybe move to a UAD2 card for higher quality effects.

tony Smyth wrote:Thank you. I just bought a Yamaha KX8 and the Ai came with it. I'll basically shuffle between Live and Cubase then - Cubase for MIDI and maybe final mixing, Live for most of the rest. That should be sufficient for now.Later maybe move to a UAD2 card for higher quality effects.
i am thinking of doing the exact same thing. i am running live 6 with focusrite saffire pro 24 interface (firewire) but need a midi keyboard and have been thinking of getting back into cubase for my mixdowns, does all this work together, the KX25 with cubase seems like a good offer at the moment.
He who is hated by the people, as the wolf by the dogs - is the free spirit, the enemy of fetters.

The thing that most bugs me about Cubase 'lite' editions is the single undo thing. That would just cripple my workflow, I'm not sure if AI has that limitation though.

not sure what your on about, tell some more, what i want to do is import the stems in from live, see what i can do in cubase and then render, and then master in t-racks. i'm doing start to finish in live at the moment.
He who is hated by the people, as the wolf by the dogs - is the free spirit, the enemy of fetters.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”