Sylenth1 64 bit on Windows 7 problem!

Official support for: lennardigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I recently formated to Win7 64bit, and wanted to try and install the demo of Sylenth1, the 64bit version... i did so, but it will not show up in my DAW's (Ableton) pluginlist.

Anybody experienced alike problems before?

Cheers
Nik

nikharding wrote:Hi

I recently formated to Win7 64bit, and wanted to try and install the demo of Sylenth1, the 64bit version... i did so, but it will not show up in my DAW's (Ableton) pluginlist.

Cheers
Nik
Your OS is 64-bit but if your DAW is a 32-bit application then you must use the 32-bit version of Sylenth for it to show up.

/sp0

sp0bjogu wrote:
nikharding wrote:Hi

Cheers
Nik
Your OS is 64-bit but if your DAW is a 32-bit application then you must use the 32-bit version of Sylenth for it to show up.

/sp0
il give that a try! thanks

Sylenth x64 did not show up in Reaper x64 for me.

Sylenth X64 doesn't work in Windows 7 64bit at all.
I had to use the 32bit version with Jbridge 64bit version to make it work.

I told him about this 8 Months ago.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=239972

When i tried it it showed up but it didn't output any sound at all and crashed Sonar and Orion 64bit.

It works great in Vista 64bit but not in Win 7.

I can confirm problems with Sylenth1 2.202 (x64) and Reaper 3.102 (x64) on Windows 7 Ultimate (x64 RTM version). Sylenth1 shows up in the VSTi list in Reaper, but when adding the instrument track the Reaper GUI freezes and the application crashes.

Hence it's not a beta problem.

/sp0

Any news if this is being worked on?

After trying out 7 x64 on my laptop I'm thinking of making a switch for my daw so any info would be nice as I love my sylenth :)
In process of making music that reeks of turd

Confirmed here on Windows 7 RTM in Cubase 5 64bit.

Here's the error log if it helps any

Code: Select all

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION
Fault address:  1265C501 01:000BB501 C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 5\VSTPlugIns\Sylenth1\Sylenth1.dllBytes at CS:EIP:
66 8b 04 0a 49 83 e8 02 66 89 01 f6 c1 04 74 0d
48 83 e9 04 8b 04 0a 49 83 e8 04 89 01 4d 8b c8
In process of making music that reeks of turd

Is there any fix in the works?

I have the same issue : Sylenth1 will not show up in Ableton Live 8 on Windows 7 x64. I have tried both 32bit and 64 bit versions of the plugin, but they just won't show up :(

Any idea if a fix is in the works ? :)

bM3w wrote:Is there any fix in the works?
Yup. A fix was planned before the official release of w7 (which is next thursday). Last thing I heard from Lennard was that he wasn't very sure if he'd get it out before that date, but its' being worked on (which is good since I'm planning to buy a new laptop with w7 next week and i HATE vista :) ). Also the memory leak fix would be in it as I understood (although personally I couldnt care less about that, since that one never gave me any troubles).

staticblue wrote:I have the same issue : Sylenth1 will not show up in Ableton Live 8 on Windows 7 x64. I have tried both 32bit and 64 bit versions of the plugin, but they just won't show up :(

Ableton Live is a 32bit host, so it can only load 32bit plug-ins. The 32bit version of Sylenth1 runs fine on Windows 7 in any vst host including Live 8. If it doesn't show up, please make sure you're using the right VSTPlugins folder in Live.

The 64bit version of Sylenth1 can cause problems in some hosts on both Vista64 and Windows 7 64bit. This problem will be fixed soon. Of course you can still use the 32bit version of Sylenth1 with these hosts without problems.

Lennard wrote:
staticblue wrote:I have the same issue : Sylenth1 will not show up in Ableton Live 8 on Windows 7 x64. I have tried both 32bit and 64 bit versions of the plugin, but they just won't show up :(

Ableton Live is a 32bit host, so it can only load 32bit plug-ins. The 32bit version of Sylenth1 runs fine on Windows 7 in any vst host including Live 8. If it doesn't show up, please make sure you're using the right VSTPlugins folder in Live.

The 64bit version of Sylenth1 can cause problems in some hosts on both Vista64 and Windows 7 64bit. This problem will be fixed soon. Of course you can still use the 32bit version of Sylenth1 with these hosts without problems.
Thanks for the reply, going to check and try again :)

I can confirm that Sylenth1 x64 is not working with Sonar 8.5.1 x64 or the latest Reaper x64. Both DAW apps will crash when trying to open the x64 version of Sylenth1 on Windows 7 x64.

My current workaround is to use Sylenth1 32-bit version and it does appear to work with Sonar 8.5's BitBridge 2.0. However, we'd much rather run this x64 native without the overhead of a bridge.

Any news on the release of an updated Sylenth1 x64?

Have any of you tried jbridging the 64bit sylenth into the host in win7 x64 ?

Return to “LennarDigital”