dr-008 in Windows 7

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone got the VST working in Windows 7? I installed it, can see it, but it outputs no sound.. nor do the cells light up as if they're playing anything.. hmm.

got it working.. you have to disable UAC BEFORE installing. Install Dr008. Reboot.

i was crying before i see your post ...

Angus_FX wrote:I've seen similar problems with DR-008 in Vista -- it's due to how Vista's far-too-bloody-clever-for-its-own-good registry virtualization works.

You either need to stick with XP, or turn off Vista's UAC protection:-

start->run, MSConfig.exe
Go to Tools tab
Scroll down to "Disable UAC"
Click "Launch"
Reboot
DR-008 will now work!

Microsoft do not recommend disabling UAC, I recommend instead disabling it but not downloading crapware or surfing the skankier and more virus-ridden corners of the net, and using Mozilla products instead of IE and Outlook. There's simply no need for UAC if you practise reasonable computer hygiene :)
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/12/1 ... ows-vista/

why don't you update this wonderful piece of software ?
did you lost the source code ? :x
best regards

UAC is such a pain in the ass!

carrieres wrote:why don't you update this wonderful piece of software ?
As I recall, there was to be a DR-009 before Guru and BFD came along.

Collusion wrote:
No idea.. as they seem pretty quiet on this matter.. but they didn't even finish development of DR-008's features. Its like they cut and ran..

Sure it still works.. However, in light of them not updating or really supporting it, the real thing that gets me is they are STILL selling Dr-008 for $100 USD!!!

If GURU had a muchhh larger discount for 'upgrading' to it from DR-008 I might consider, but with some doubts.. at this point I'm using DR-008 still until I can find another company with a similiar product that isn't going to cut and run on their products. :(

VitaminD wrote:
Collusion wrote:
No idea.. as they seem pretty quiet on this matter.. but they didn't even finish development of DR-008's features. Its like they cut and ran..

Sure it still works.. However, in light of them not updating or really supporting it, the real thing that gets me is they are STILL selling Dr-008 for $100 USD!!!

If GURU had a muchhh larger discount for 'upgrading' to it from DR-008 I might consider, but with some doubts.. at this point I'm using DR-008 still until I can find another company with a similiar product that isn't going to cut and run on their products. :(
Good to know it's functional in Win7.

As for the cut and run bit - I feel the same way, except they did it to me twice, first with ditching their plans for DR-009 (all the talk about it convinced me to buy DR-008). Then dropping DR-008 for GURU, which was promised to be able to migrate content from DR-008, so like a sucker I bought that too (migration tool/release never happened). When they threw over GURU for Giest I thought "fool me twice shame on me"

I realize this is all ancient history, but it still smarts....

I didn't know they still sold it :o
:hug:

Crackbaby wrote:I didn't know they still sold it :o
They don't any more.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Return to “FXpansion”