Tape Piano Sample Pack

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Control Centre - Tape Piano Pack
Ableton Live Project | 38 Samples 44k 16 bit mono

This samplepack contains 3 pianos I recorded to tape in 1998. A Baby Grand, a Fender Rhodes and an old upright a friend of mine had in her back kitchen. I recorded the pianos using a Tascam 244 Cassette Portastudio and a Shure SM58 microphone. The Fender Rhodes was recorded to tape directly from it's line output. The recordings were then sampled using a Yamaha A3000 sampler.

I recently exported the samples from the A3000 sampler to my laptop computer via floppy disk, and then imported them into Ableton Live's Sampler. To save each piano into your Live Library, load the project, then save each sampler as a preset inside Sampler's preset browser. Live will copy the samples to your library automatically.

If you don't have Live 8 and Sampler, you can still use the samples to recreate these pianos in your choice of software.

[EDIT]These samples are now only available as part of The Instrument Collection.

Download Here

:)
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Hah! I seem to remember these from a few years ago? They're awesome. Love the dusty piano - it sounds much like mine. Hmm, maybe I'll sample it....

:)

Bonteburg wrote:Hah! I seem to remember these from a few years ago?
You're right ... I recently mapped 'em out for Sampler, and noticed how good they sound, so thought I'd share them again. :)

Wooah! 50% of my website's monthly bandwidth has been used up since posting these samples. That's a LOT of downloads in only 24 hrs ... but only one reply to the thread so far. Nobody like these? :shrug:

Thank you for samples. I don't have Live but I hope to load into Direct Wave or Kontakt Free or UVI Workstation Free or whatever works. I'm kind of sampler-retarded.

Musical Gym wrote:Thank you for samples. I don't have Live but I hope to load into Direct Wave or Kontakt Free or UVI Workstation Free or whatever works.
You're welcome ... and if anyone wants to convert these to other sampler formats and post them in this thread, that would be greatly appreciated. :)

actually I was going to ask your permission but since you're encouraging it...

(soonish) ;)

Bonteburg wrote:(soonish) ;)
Excellent :D

Here they are for Kontakt...

Download:

http://www.box.net/shared/bthphdnqbd

Thanks for the samples. Look forward to using them.

elxicano wrote:Here they are for Kontakt...
Nice one mate ... thanks very much :D

hey, nice thing! gonna check these out, thanks!

edit: typo!
Last edited by Download SOphist on Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

Nice! Thank you :)
noise and beats: Negutyv Xeiro do people actually click these?
gearlust: Roland JP-8000, too much/not enough eurorack
machinecode by: u-he, Bitwig, Fabfilter, NI, et al

Very cool. @elxicano Thanks for the convert.
Now Somewhat Retired

xybre wrote:Nice!
Download SOphist wrote:hey, nice thing!
puffer wrote:Very cool.
Thanks for your comments ... 8)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”