What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

auto-volume plugin?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Barbarossa
KVRian
 
785 posts since 7 Sep, 2004

Postby Barbarossa; Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:14 am auto-volume plugin?

I'm wondering if there does exist a little helper plugin, that automatically adjusts the signal-volume to a specified RMS-level?
Not compression, only simple and slow volume adjustment, until the desired RMS-level is reached again.

Useage: i.e. quick comparison of changed dynamic settings, without the need to manually compensate the change in loudness.
dickiefunk
KVRAF
 
2316 posts since 22 Mar, 2006, from cornwall

Postby dickiefunk; Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:36 am

Waves Vocal Rider :-

http://www.waves.com/content.aspx?id=9945

Used it yesterday and it's brilliant!!
User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
 
10686 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from Alto Icon

Postby Aloysius; Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:47 am

Check this out:

http://www.conversationsnetwork.org/levelator/

It's FREE!

One of our tools for audio engineers, The Levelator is free software that adjusts the levels within your program for variations from one speaker to the next. It's not a compressor, normalizer or limiter although it contains all three. It's much more than those tools, and it's much simpler to use.
dickiefunk
KVRAF
 
2316 posts since 22 Mar, 2006, from cornwall

Postby dickiefunk; Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:00 am

Woah is this a kind of free Waves Vocal Rider?
eduardo_b
KVRAF
 
11955 posts since 22 Nov, 2004, from west of east

Postby eduardo_b; Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:24 am

dickiefunk wrote:Waves Vocal Rider :-

http://www.waves.com/content.aspx?id=9945

Used it yesterday and it's brilliant!!
As always with Waves, though, their pricing is out of line for a one-trick pony...like their $500 meters. In this case, $400.
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey
Barbarossa
KVRian
 
785 posts since 7 Sep, 2004

Postby Barbarossa; Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:58 pm

For such an easy task i will definately not pay what Waves wants. :shock: :hihi:
No simple AGC (automatic gain control) plugin out there?
User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
 
10686 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from Alto Icon

Postby Aloysius; Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:41 pm

http://rekkerd.org/thomas-mundt-releases-loudmax-v1-05/

Thomas Mundt has released version 1.05 of LoudMax, a look-ahead brickwall maximizer effect plug-in for Windows.

Look-Ahead Brickwall Limiter driven by an Automatic Gain Control.

Maximum Gain can be adjusted with a Drive Slider. Maximum Output Level can be adjusted with the Output Slider.

LoudMax v1.05 features

Supported Samplerates: 2kHz-384kHz.
Possible Overdrive without audible distortion: 730dB.
No oversampling, no meters.
Latency and Attack Time: 1.25ms - 1 Sample.
Release Time: Automatic, depending on the input.
Maximum Release Time: 1360ms (after that time in any case the output signal reaches 99% of the desired level).
Minimum Release Time: 13.3ms.
Linear Attack Curve, S-Type Release and Automatic Gain Control Curves.
Low CPU Usage: ~15MHz @ 48kHz Samplerate on my Intel Pentium D.
No VST 2.4 64-Bit support, but internal audio processing with 80-Bit LongDoublePrecision.
LoudMax is available as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.


Jeroen Breebaart's name cropped up on my searches as well. He has some kind of FREE broadcast type Compressor?

I don't know if these suggestions are much use but it's certainly interesting to look around! :)
Download SOphist
KVRAF
 
3959 posts since 26 Jan, 2006, from :noitacoL

Postby Download SOphist; Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:14 pm

never tried it myself, but this should do it: http://www.kvraudio.com/get/3007.html
Cheers!
professional dilettante, producer, sound-designer, re-mixer, self-righteous, fail.
Barbarossa
KVRian
 
785 posts since 7 Sep, 2004

Postby Barbarossa; Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:25 pm

Download SOphist wrote:never tried it myself, but this should do it: http://www.kvraudio.com/get/3007.html
Cheers!

THANKS!

Will also try the JB Broadcast plugin. Thanks for that, too.
istvankantor
KVRer
 
26 posts since 1 Nov, 2005

Postby istvankantor; Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:25 am

eduardo_b wrote:
dickiefunk wrote:Waves Vocal Rider :-

http://www.waves.com/content.aspx?id=9945

Used it yesterday and it's brilliant!!
As always with Waves, though, their pricing is out of line for a one-trick pony...like their $500 meters. In this case, $400.


it's more like $250 in real life
Optomadic
KVRAF
 
6179 posts since 17 Oct, 2007

Postby Optomadic; Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:25 am

Image
stay juicy!
mr
KVRian
 
1059 posts since 28 Dec, 2005

Postby mr; Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:50 am

Levelator. Google it. Works well with spoken audio. Acceptable with music.
Se non é vero, é ben trovato
PC/XP 2CoreIntel T3 OnixSatellite
User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
 
10686 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from Alto Icon

Postby Aloysius; Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:53 am

mr wrote:Levelator. Google it. Works well with spoken audio. Acceptable with music.


Read the Thread and you'll notice that I already included a Link plus Quote from the site! :hihi:
I feel like Buddha Holly
Barbarossa
KVRian
 
785 posts since 7 Sep, 2004

Postby Barbarossa; Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:28 am

But Levelator seems to be a standalone app. :x
metamorphosis
KVRAF
 
3430 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Hamilton, New Zealand

Postby metamorphosis; Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:05 pm

Aloysius wrote:http://rekkerd.org/thomas-mundt-releases-loudmax-v1-05/

Thomas Mundt has released version 1.05 of LoudMax, a look-ahead brickwall maximizer effect plug-in for Windows.

Look-Ahead Brickwall Limiter driven by an Automatic Gain Control.

Maximum Gain can be adjusted with a Drive Slider. Maximum Output Level can be adjusted with the Output Slider.

LoudMax v1.05 features

Supported Samplerates: 2kHz-384kHz.
Possible Overdrive without audible distortion: 730dB.
No oversampling, no meters.
Latency and Attack Time: 1.25ms - 1 Sample.
Release Time: Automatic, depending on the input.
Maximum Release Time: 1360ms (after that time in any case the output signal reaches 99% of the desired level).
Minimum Release Time: 13.3ms.
Linear Attack Curve, S-Type Release and Automatic Gain Control Curves.
Low CPU Usage: ~15MHz @ 48kHz Samplerate on my Intel Pentium D.
No VST 2.4 64-Bit support, but internal audio processing with 80-Bit LongDoublePrecision.
LoudMax is available as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.


Jeroen Breebaart's name cropped up on my searches as well. He has some kind of FREE broadcast type Compressor?

I don't know if these suggestions are much use but it's certainly interesting to look around! :)



Not the same thing man.
XP/Vista/Win7/Win8 Optimisation, DAW Tips, AudioXP - XPFree
I made an oddly-acoustic album and an electronica thing and an alt-metal doohicky...

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects