Voxengo SPAN pre 2.0 public beta-testing (update 3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!

SPAN 2.0 is almost here. It still has a thing or two to be fixed (namely, spectrum area linings that are now a bit off), but it's basically finished. SPAN will be released as freeware as before.

Here are download URLs:
Win32 VST
Win64 VST
Mac AU
Mac VST

The most interesting feature implemented in this newer SPAN in my opinion is spectral smoothing - newer seen it implemented by anyone so far (used in the "Master" spectrum mode). It makes spectral balance fixing an easy task. This feature will be added to GlissEQ, too.

Any opinions are welcome!

(update 2's changes:
* Mid-side spectrum view bug fixed.
* The "Mode" selection now works in all channel groups.
* Narrow-band sweeping now affects all channel groups at once.)

update 3's changes:
"view all channel meters at once" function implemented
Last edited by Aleksey Vaneev on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thank you, Aleksey.
Span v1 keeps having some good use here, so i'm looking forward to the new version.
Will it get all the new "Voxengo product line features" (true stereo, M/S and multichannel modes) ?

Wow, this is great!

SPAN is my favourite analyzer, happy to see it's being still enhanced.

Thanks a lot!

- Mario

sinkmusic wrote:Thank you, Aleksey.
Span v1 keeps having some good use here, so i'm looking forward to the new version.
Will it get all the new "Voxengo product line features" (true stereo, M/S and multichannel modes) ?
Check the beta version out - no need to ask questions like that :-)

Thanks a lot.

Thanks Aleksey, I've taken the beta for a spin, and although a great update, I really prefer the old version...

Comparing old with new, the old version gave exactly what was required, with direct access to menu's to change parameters.

The new version seems to occupy much more screen space than needed, with huge level meters and such, but hides the basic functions in sub-menus.

I know it's a beta, so I will check every new version, But... I will make lots of backups of the old faithful SPAN :D

Looks like an amazing update : thanks a lot.
I like the zomming feature, and will try it deeper this evening.

Alexey, thank you!

btw: spectral smoothing - never seen it implemented by anyone so far
MeldaProduction did similar feature ("smooth"/"smoothness" parameter) ;)

Brilliant Thanks for this!!!

I prefer the layout and size etc to the old version!!

Fantastic, thank you very much Aleksey :)
In process of making music that reeks of turd

Max M. wrote:Alexey, thank you!

btw: spectral smoothing - never seen it implemented by anyone so far
MeldaProduction did similar feature ("smooth"/"smoothness" parameter) ;)
Ah, OK, then I'm mistaken on that. (well, so many plug-ins, can't know them all) :-)

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:Hello!

SPAN 2.0 is almost here. It still has a thing or two to be fixed (namely, spectrum area linings that are now a bit off), but it's basically finished. SPAN will be released as freeware as before.

Here are download URLs:
Win32 VST
Win64 VST
Mac AU
Mac VST

The most interesting feature implemented in this newer SPAN in my opinion is spectral smoothing - newer seen it implemented by anyone so far (used in the "Master" spectrum mode). It makes spectral balance fixing an easy task. This feature will be added to GlissEQ, too.

Any opinions are welcome!

Thankyou so much! You are one of the good guys!

PS: can't believe you are offering ALL this functionality for free.
Last edited by loopdon on Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you!

Span is still my go-to analyser and meter, when I need some reference values. Sometimes I even load up GlissEQ and turn off the bands. No need to do that anymore!

This update is just AWESOME! I'm going to have a hard time recognising span from GlissEQ3 from a distance :)

You are the man Aleksey. Oh yeah, a belated thanks for the LF max update too. I've been busy, so I had no time to thank you.

John

I just noticed you added the 'check out these other plugs' in the settings tab. Lol, I own them all except for polysquasher and PHA-979.

Nice touch ;)

John

Return to “Effects”