Keyboards VSTi's?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello guys!

For quite some time now, I've been trying to find a VSTi that has more "common" and "musical" sounds, like the ones that comes with keyboards like KORG Oasys and stuff. I saw a lot of people recommending Absynth, so I tested it. Despite having a huge built in preset list, I found that most of the sounds are simply "unmusical", just there to demonstrate all that the Synth can do. I'm not a synth programmer, so the available presets are important to me. I see videos of Jordan Rudess, for example, playing his KORG Oasys or his Kurzweils and it got so great sounds in the default bank. They are just there. Big and beautiful synths, bass, strings and choirs (that layered together is just simply amazing). Does anyone knows of a VSTi like that? It doesn't need to be a clone of a real keyboard. Like I said, I'm not a synth programmer and I'm not interest in "crazy sounds".

Hope I managed to express me right.

Thanks in advance,
Fergo

Omnisphere is great. Sampletank and Sonic Synth are little older but still have good bread and butter sounds plus a very easy to use interface. Omnisphere is more of a programmers synth, but the presets are stunning. JM2C

In no particular order, look at Hypersonic, Sampletank, Kontakt, Wusikstation, Omnisphere, Nexus, Purity, Titan,....

I say pretty much anything that's based more on multi-Sampled libraries or workstation style of plugin.

Check out soundfonts as well.
Last edited by BASSDRIVE on Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get NI Massive or AAS Ultra Analog along with some of Lotuzia's soundbanks, he's the indisputable king of "KEY" tagged presets IMHO.

Synth plugin wise, I find that Surge, Sytrus, Twin2,... have a very nicely categorized way of displaying their factory presets. Their very usable as well.

Wow! Thanks a lot for the fast answers and for the suggestions! I'll check them out. I've looked at Omnisphere and it seems really awesome, but 40+GB is jaw dropping and out of my budget. I'll test others soon (is any of them in the 5GB or less world?).

Sorry for my english.

Regards,
Fergo

+1 Hypersonic... and under 5 GB...

Wusikstation group buy right now, add the group buy price on Prizm, ia a lot of bang for buck. It can add up to a lot of GB of content at a reasonable price.

Sampletank+Sonik Synth is another choice, but unless you can get that on sale, it'll add up quick.

I'm not that impressed with Purity, but some people like it.

Doug
Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad - Spock, in "I, Mudd"

For a good time click http://www.belindabedekovic.com/video_fl_en.htm

A good "bread and butter" VSTi is Cakewalk's Dimension Pro. Very nice selection of everything from synths to basic orchestral instruments.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Wusikstation group buy! Get PRIZM too if you can afford the extra $50. Well worth it. So many sounds for so little money.
Play it by ear

DiscoDSP's Discovery doesn't get enough love here, IMHO.

Sounds great, has a LOT of presets, many of them the classic keyboard types that you mentioned, even more so when you hunt down and import all the free Nord Lead presets out on the net.

Can usually be had for 30% off of list price if you keep an eye on the Marketplace here.

Hypersonic would be great but it's discontinued so my recommendation is the Korg M1.
You are currently reading my signature.

You could also check the Analog experience serie from Arturia. Tons of presets easily tweakable to adjust them to your needs. There is a demo.

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/home

and here for the demo http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/pro ... intro.html

Hello!

Today I tested Sonik Synth and Hypersonic 2. Hypersonic is simply amazing. Small in size and great patches. I'll check the other tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Fergo

Venomeza wrote:Get NI Massive or AAS Ultra Analog along with some of Lotuzia's soundbanks, he's the indisputable king of "KEY" tagged presets IMHO.
To Venomeza : :oops: ......... :hug: :hug:

To OP :

As nobody mentioned it you could try also Camel Audio Alchemy, wich comes with a lot of standard presets.

(And maybe even more with our Magic Wand expansion soundset .... :oops: :oops: again ....)

Also for the Analog side of instruments, Korg Legacy Cell Analog edition is great for Classic analog presets. It will compliment in a very happy way Ultra Analog or any other VA little monster :)

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Return to “Instruments”