MFSp+c free MIDI filtering tool

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

___DOWNLOAD HERE___

Its a free tool for quickly and effortlessly removing all non MIDI note data.

There are 2 versions. MFSc & MFSp.

- MFSc installs onto your computer and uses a 'right click file' context menu command. It only can process 1 file at a time.

- MFSp is a portable version that runs from removable media such as USB thumb drives, shared network folders optical media. It also supports multiple files dragged to the GUI or to the executable.

MFS installs and runs on Vista and Win7. Unfortunately there are no plans for a MAC OS version at this time (maybe sometime in the future though).

Its pretty self explanatory. You have MIDI files with a bunch of CC, Tempo, NRPN and other junk data. These files may cause issues if you drag them into hosts or export them to hardware. So, you use MFS to filter out the files. Now you have pure MIDI note files that will play pefectly in any host and hardware.
Thats about it ;).

Anyway feel free to post any comments, issues or recommendations here, PM or email and I will try to help you out asap.

Have fun MFSing ;)

Cheers
Last edited by Optomadic on Wed May 04, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stay juicy!

Thanks to those that have donationed so far :hail:.

BTW I will send a 'no nags' version of MFSp to those that have donated.

Much appreciated guys!
stay juicy!

cool! ...and where can I get something like this for WAVs ? :roll:

:hihi: What would you like to 'strip' from the wav?

I've been looking at creating a data chunk editor so perhaps I could look at this for you.
stay juicy!

Ok so got a little blog thing thing

http://wp.me/sLDUa-11

Still very sparse.
stay juicy!

Optomadic wrote::hihi: What would you like to 'strip' from the wav?
loop points and other non sound data.

great tool, thank you opto.

wish i had it when i had to clean up some orion midi files with midi glass.

Your welcome amiga909.
Hope you still have a need for it.
Yea, I also used MIDI glass. Trying to remove CC's from a huge MIDI file was such a pain!
I know for some though, MIDI for anything other than triggering soft/hard synths is antiquated at best.
In most cases though its better to have it than not, just in case ;).

tonyxx please see your pm.
stay juicy!

Optomadic wrote:Unfortunately there are no plans for a MAC OS version at this time (maybe sometime in the future though).
http://i.imagehost.org/view/0240/34_4

Macindows
Runs many Microsoft Windows programs on Mac

When you think about it, what really stops you running Windows programs on Apple hardware? The modern Apple computer uses an Intel processor. From a hardware point of view, there is very little difference between Macintosh and PC! Only one thing stands in the way: software. Macs run OS X, PCs run Windows.

But suppose there was a piece of software running on Macs that converted Windows operating system requests into Mac OS X requests! Bob's your uncle! Enter Macindows. Macindows combines Wine and X11 in a way that's easy to use and affordable.
http://www.pioneeringsoftware.co.uk/pages/products

But no dropping is possible.
An optional file selector would do the trick.;)
DSP with attitude

Hey, now thats keen! Going to look into it later, will be in contact with you :D.
stay juicy!

Regarding running MFSp on Mac..
Uber super smart brainiak coder guy wrote:...The thread you linked to mentions Wine which appears to be similar to Mono, Java and other virtual machines. There are many technical differences with mouse and keyboard hooks, GUIs, performance and integration with native applications. I believe Mono excels in all aspects which should be apparent over the next few major updates.
The only downside is that Mono has to be installed manually on OSX.

Still, maybe this will be working on Mac sooner than later ;).
stay juicy!

freed from 'donagatory'..
download
:-o didnt expect that much$. thnx
stay juicy!

I've received reports that there may be a problem with MFSp on the latest update of XPSP3.
Apparently the GUI does not display at all but the app is still showing up in the task manager.

At present I only have access to Win7 Ultimate 64 so theres no way for me to test it.

If anyone runs into this problem, please post here.

Thanks

edit:
IGNORE THE ABOVE POST!
ISSUE RESOLVED!
stay juicy!

I cant download =( ? why ?

fileden has been aquired by another company and the fileden account holder neeeds to update to reactivate links. Now we have the regular forum up, it's probably worth sending a pm to Optomadic

Return to “Effects”