Korg DS-10 Plus

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone have it yet? Is it worth the upgrade. I felt the first was lacking the ability to make edits during playback. How does it work on the new one?

tk421 wrote:Anyone have it yet? Is it worth the upgrade. I felt the first was lacking the ability to make edits during playback. How does it work on the new one?
I bought it back when it first came out in Japan. Definitely worth the upgrade if you have a DSi and are really serious about using it to make music. (Other than the ability to edit while playing back in song mode there's not much in the way of additional features for the DS lite/phat AFAIK)

That was my biggest gripe with the original. I was so surprised you could not edit during playback, I thought I was doing something wrong. Plus double the sounds will really make it worth it. If only there was a way to transfer my data from the original to the new one over my Mac. None of my friends own a DS. :(

tk421 wrote:Plus double the sounds will really make it worth it.
But you're basically running two instances simultaneously to double up the sounds and patterns so you need to use two song slots when you save a "single" song. This is my biggest gripe with the new version.

That's a bummer, but I guess it is a worthwhile sacrifice. How do you "backup" your tracks? Do you record them to something? I was thinking of translating them into FL Studio or something using similar sounding VSTs.

tk421 wrote:How do you "backup" your tracks?
Well, I typically just mess around and don't really have anything worth backing up... :wink:

But I've thought about perhaps writing the developers and seeing if it would be possible to make some sort of DSiWare app which could backup to an SD card... I would purchase such a thing from the DSi Shop if they offered it...

I was thinking about that too. I am surprised no one has created a hack that lets you do it over wifi or kind of the same way you transfer from DS to DS.

tk421 wrote:That's a bummer, but I guess it is a worthwhile sacrifice. How do you "backup" your tracks? Do you record them to something? I was thinking of translating them into FL Studio or something using similar sounding VSTs.
with the NDS Save Backup Adaptor and some DS-10 tools, see http://www.ds10forum.com

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”