What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

ThrillerEQ: Equalizer plugin modeled after Harrison 32EQ

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Phoenixinflight
KVRer
 
21 posts since 31 Mar, 2010

Postby Phoenixinflight; Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:54 pm

Many thanks for the comments!! I'm very glad that you liked it :]

Does it also emulate some non-linearities/additional harmonics or is it more a "matched EQ curve"?


Well, it has a decent analog saturation algorithm, but as I already said, it isn't an exact copy, so it doesn't exactly emulate the actual frequency response/non-linearities/additional harmonics etc.

it's not holding settings, and it won't take presets, host of fx


I already know about this problem, I'm working on an updated version which fully supports host presets. I will also improve the sound quality and add some additional features. Stay tuned :]
mr jkn
KVRist
 
80 posts since 3 Oct, 2006

Postby mr jkn; Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:15 am

Yes, I like it too - but; the tight q of the low freq curve makes this impossible for me to use as general mix plug. Why not a lowshelf or wide bell curve for the bottom octaves? It would make this plug incredibly more useful. Thank you, btw. :)
My name is Jonas.
DJanswer
KVRist
 
291 posts since 15 Feb, 2010

Postby DJanswer; Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:04 am

sorohanro wrote:@Phoenixinflight
Pretty amazing EQ, works like charm.
@DJanswer
Nice site, nice vids. What is the track you use there ? it's a very nice one.


It is Precious by DJanswer :-)
http://www.jamendo.com/en/track/99776


Image
In free time i work on my website http://myvst.com/ which provides a lot of free VST Video/Audio demos and downloads.
shogger
KVRAF
 
2690 posts since 11 Jun, 2007

Postby shogger; Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:14 am

DJanswer wrote:Hi, I have just made demo for ThrillerEQ, you can watch demo here:
http://myvst.com/index.php/vst-effects/ ... lereq-free

Image


Best Aprils fools until now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shogger
What?
Phoenixinflight
KVRer
 
21 posts since 31 Mar, 2010

Postby Phoenixinflight; Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:33 am

http://phoenixinflightaudio.blogspot.com/

An updated version of ThrillerEQ is available. Main changes are:

- Problem with host automation/preset saving has been fixed
- 7 internal presets have been added: Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Kick Drum, Snare Drum, Overheads, Mastering, Subtle Brightness
- Two switches have been added: EQ IN and H/LP IN. Both sections can be bypassed separately
- All filter curves have been improved, Lo band is much wider

DOWNLOAD: http://www.box.net/shared/cxus7idhnk
Updated Manual: http://www.box.net/shared/d2pxrhdx8c
Mercado_Negro
KVRian
 
609 posts since 22 Sep, 2007, from Caracas, Venezuela

Postby Mercado_Negro; Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:49 am

Phoenixinflight wrote:http://phoenixinflightaudio.blogspot.com/

An updated version of ThrillerEQ is available. Main changes are:

- Problem with host automation/preset saving has been fixed
- 7 internal presets have been added: Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Kick Drum, Snare Drum, Overheads, Mastering, Subtle Brightness
- Two switches have been added: EQ IN and H/LP IN. Both sections can be bypassed separately
- All filter curves have been improved, Lo band is much wider

DOWNLOAD: http://www.box.net/shared/cxus7idhnk
Updated Manual: http://www.box.net/shared/d2pxrhdx8c


Great! Thanks again for your generosity sir.

The EQ IN button bypasses the bands but not the saturation algorithm, is this correct?

One minor thing I noticed. When I insert the plug-in its bands are not at +0.0dBs by default, is this intended?

Have a nice day.
rivrock
KVRist
 
194 posts since 9 Feb, 2005

Postby rivrock; Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:10 pm

CPU has increased somewhat with this update, but hitting the 'eq in' button sends cpu to 100%.

~
User avatar
sorohanro
KVRian
 
1234 posts since 29 Dec, 2008, from Lithuania

Postby sorohanro; Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:01 pm

rivrock wrote:CPU has increased somewhat with this update, but hitting the 'eq in' button sends cpu to 100%.

~

Yep... when pushing the button make my DAW to go "overload" and stop sound.
However, this happens first time. If I click "play" and keep playing with the button, things remain normal.
Phoenixinflight
KVRer
 
21 posts since 31 Mar, 2010

Postby Phoenixinflight; Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:21 am

NEW UPDATE:
http://www.box.net/shared/3juc7yib2g

Well, I've tested the first version before releasing with FL Studio 9, Adobe Audition and VST Analyzer, CPU usage was fine. So I never had any CPU problems, but I think, I know what's the reason for this. I hope, this update will fix this problem. Please write me, if you still have some problems with the plugin, i'll try to fix it...

Cheers!


The EQ IN button bypasses the bands but not the saturation algorithm, is this correct?

One minor thing I noticed. When I insert the plug-in its bands are not at +0.0dBs by default, is this intended?


Yes, the saturation algorithm remains active. The bands should be at 0dB by default, just like in the screenshot... I'll check it out, maybe it's another bug
User avatar
sorohanro
KVRian
 
1234 posts since 29 Dec, 2008, from Lithuania

Postby sorohanro; Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:34 pm

The new version works better.
Thanks for the plugin.
maxxxter
 

Postby maxxxter; Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:53 pm

DELETED
dubbelQ
Banned

Postby dubbelQ; Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:04 pm

maxxxter wrote:
Phoenixinflight wrote:NEW UPDATE:
http://www.box.net/shared/3juc7yib2g

Well, I've tested the first version before releasing with FL Studio 9, Adobe Audition and VST Analyzer, CPU usage was fine. So I never had any CPU problems, but I think, I know what's the reason for this. I hope, this update will fix this problem. Please write me, if you still have some problems with the plugin, i'll try to fix it...

Cheers!


The EQ IN button bypasses the bands but not the saturation algorithm, is this correct?

One minor thing I noticed. When I insert the plug-in its bands are not at +0.0dBs by default, is this intended?


Yes, the saturation algorithm remains active. The bands should be at 0dB by default, just like in the screenshot... I'll check it out, maybe it's another bug


Hi!

Since you said this EQ was modelled after a Harrison EQ, rather than inspired by one, would you be so kind and tell me how close your EQ curves are to the original and is the saturation algorithm just a generic one, or it also has ben modelled according to the original?
Thanks


Its safe to say its inspired by it not an emulation of the Harrison 32EQ. UAD has a true emulation and I have demoed it and this doesnt even come close at all. I uninstalled this one. Impossible to use in a mix.
User avatar
sorohanro
KVRian
 
1234 posts since 29 Dec, 2008, from Lithuania

Postby sorohanro; Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:18 pm

dubbelQ wrote:Impossible to use in a mix.

:?: :?: :?: Impossible ??? :shrug: In my mix this do quite nice things, especially on drums and guitars... but maybe I don't know enough about mixing... :shrug:
User avatar
pattonfreak1
KVRAF
 
2812 posts since 15 Feb, 2007, from ...in the butt

Postby pattonfreak1; Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:09 pm

dubbelQ wrote: Impossible to use in a mix.

:roll:
You're a fuckin' idiot
:roll:
Phoenixinflight
KVRer
 
21 posts since 31 Mar, 2010

Postby Phoenixinflight; Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:48 pm

Its safe to say its inspired by it not an emulation of the Harrison 32EQ. UAD has a true emulation and I have demoed it and this doesnt even come close at all. I uninstalled this one. Impossible to use in a mix.


Okay, you're right, it's not really an emulation, it's just based on it. And that's correct, UAD has an exact emulation, but not of the same version:

Image

It's modeled after the older console variant, my plugin is based on the Great River 500-series version:

Image

I didn't had the chance to test the UAD plugin, so I don't know if it's really such a big difference. Well, I think, it can be used for certain mixing purposes, I'm also a musician/producer and I've tested it. Of course, commercial UAD plugins are better, but you don't have to pay 249$ for this one. Anyway, thanks for testing it :)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects