suggestions/feature requests

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, testing at the moment.

What about a global preference to set processing to 64bit always. Don't see any reason why I should run it in 32bit mode. Most plugins process in 64bit these days by default ...

Dandruff wrote:Ok, testing at the moment.

What about a global preference to set processing to 64bit always. Don't see any reason why I should run it in 32bit mode. Most plugins process in 64bit these days by default ...
It's already there...

Goto setup page, "ignore bit depth on preset load", tick it on. Then create an autoload preset with 64bit enabled and save it in your user preset folder. From that moment you will never pay attention any more of the bit depth setting!

See manual for further instructions.
kind regards, timo

timo at artsacoustic wrote:
Dandruff wrote:Ok, testing at the moment.

It's already there...

Goto setup page, "ignore bit depth on preset load", tick it on. Then create an autoload preset with 64bit enabled and save it in your user preset folder. From that moment you will never pay attention any more of the bit depth setting!

See manual for further instructions.
Ok, sounds good. Just can't test this in the demo version (doesn't save any presets) ...

Just bought the plugin :)

Any chance to see this
Dandruff wrote:and another suggestion:

you should hide the mouse-pointer when clicking a fader/knob. see voxengo or ohmforce plugins for example. there you still can drag a knob even if the mouse reached the border of your screen ...
in the future?

Another useful thing to implement:

REAPER VST Extensions: http://www.cockos.com/reaper/sdk/vst/vst_ext.php

So far only the latest Voxengo plugins have these extensions built in. See this thread http://www.voxengo.com/forum/ar/1926 for more info and help - conversation between Aleksey (Voxengo) and schwa (REAPER) ...

Dandruff wrote:Just bought the plugin :)
Great!! :D
Wish you lots of fun with it!
Dandruff wrote:Any chance to see this
Dandruff wrote:and another suggestion:

you should hide the mouse-pointer when clicking a fader/knob. see voxengo or ohmforce plugins for example. there you still can drag a knob even if the mouse reached the border of your screen ...
in the future?
This behavior is a big matter of taste imo. Me for example, I don't like this at all and I think there are as much users that wouldn't like it as users that would like it, same as users that wouldn't care about... We have this in mind, as we too, have very different opinions on this. But do not expect anything... ;)
kind regards, timo

What about the REAPER extensions?

Regarding BIG ROCK, I would like to have a Gain make up knob to account for the levels I loose on some material.
BIG ROCK really soaks up the high frequencies too... it's great generally, because I'm not one for those cheap sounding feedbacky phaser sounds... but it would be good to be able to make up for the lost high frequencies sometimes, without needing external post EQing...

AWESOME plug by the way, it's the only phaser I use that I could not possibly replace with anything else. Your compressor's a bit like that too eh!?? ;)

I'm dying to know what you guys have planned for the future of audio plugins...

I'd love for them to add an emulation of an Electric Mistress flanger pedal to the line up.
BigRock is the last word in phasers, it'd be nice to have that for flangers as well.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HunterKiller wrote:I'd love for them to add an emulation of an Electric Mistress flanger pedal to the line up.
BigRock is the last word in phasers, it'd be nice to have that for flangers as well.
The EHX flanger suggestion is nice but even nicer would be the EHX memoryman.

Don't underestimate the importance of a wah pedal to complement Bigrock. http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=317505

When you start building a FX chain of stomp sims, the Wahs included in your AMP Sim package are no longer of any use, primarily because they are located at the end of the stomp chain.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

As a plug-in suggestion :

I'm a big fan of comb filters and i assume their is some interest in emulating in-deep the behavior of these delay lines when they're on such focus

A very few of such plug-ins in the current market :

MFM2 has some capabilities, but a bit limited, being conceived as a more generic delay network

Dronebox that, according to his conceptor Oli Larkin, will be recoded into C++and then ported to both Mac and PC seems very promising

AFAIK, apart Ohmygod from ohm force there isn't much of these Delay-based Resonators , very likely because it isn't a well know effect in current production, i assume

my two cents

Just bought the CL bundle and my mind is blown :) I love it, having a blast with it.

I'd like to be able to see the attack and release in miliseconds instead of percentage numbers though, having the option to adjust how the compressor reacts in precise miliseconds can yield very musical results if you adjust the attack and release times to the same length as 8th notes and the like ...

Other than that this thing sounds so great ...

Mario-C. wrote:Just bought the CL bundle and my mind is blown :) I love it, having a blast with it.

I'd like to be able to see the attack and release in miliseconds instead of percentage numbers though, having the option to adjust how the compressor reacts in precise miliseconds can yield very musical results if you adjust the attack and release times to the same length as 8th notes and the like ...

Other than that this thing sounds so great ...
It's not possible with this algorithm, as we emulate the behaviour of a photocell, which is program dependant (even though we emulate a photocell with a very fast response, so you rather won't really notice the program dependency). Other than that it wouldn't help you anyway, as the perceivement of the time heavily depends on the curves of the attack and the release. Depending on the curve shape, you'd perceive the same time as longer or shorter (rather concave attack 50ms would be close, rather convex, 50ms would be perceived shorter, etc). It's always best to dial the stuff in by ear anyway. :)
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

Another suggestion that concerns AA reverb : a more elaborate EQ stage

I'd say at the best like the "match eq" in the logic pro effect palette that would allow the reverb to have (for instance) a reversed EQ profile from the current production in where this reverb is involved...

Krakatau wrote:Another suggestion that concerns AA reverb : a more elaborate EQ stage

I'd say at the best like the "match eq" in the logic pro effect palette that would allow the reverb to have (for instance) a reversed EQ profile from the current production in where this reverb is involved...
Hi Krakatau,

Thanks for your suggestion! I see what you mean. But our philosophy with the EQ is to fit just the most common demands, and that is, imo, just a hi and a low cut. This helps to keep the plugin as simple as possible. I believe that you will have more (and possibly better) options to use any of your favorite EQs as a separate plugin after the AAR. ;-)
kind regards, timo

Well, true to be honest i can't complain, except perhaps that it would have been more handy as an insert unit when inclused in the dry/wet balance

Sensible philosophy, nothing relevant to add...

Return to “Arts Acoustic”