Yes we have it! EMM Knagalis for OS X, Mac beta available

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EMM Knagalis for Mac, beta AU and VST for OS X

This old gem is still new, one of the best "ethnic synth" (loose term)
ever made (Knagalis users say so)

the first beta for AU and VST on OS X is available, you can't buy it yet,
but if you are a Mac user with some spare time you can have this first beta release for free.
Up to 10 of you, the first ten who will ask me sending an e-mail,
can have a password (Dash ticket) to download it. <grin>
All I ask is to play with it as much as you can and report the experience here.

Update: already 12 betatesters are active now, so please don't send other requests.

BTW all those who already bought EMM Knagalis Windows VSTi can simply download the Mac beta
from the same page, using the same ticket number.

Thanks,

Luigi
Last edited by liqih on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

update: already 12 betatesters are active now, so please don't send other requests.

The 1.35 beta seems to have taken care of all the issues I had already reported, except for having no sound upon launching it without selecting a patch or re-selecting the soundset (which isn't really an issue - it just seems like it's ready to play right away).
No glitches are happening yet. I still have to do more recording and try automating parameters.
OSX 10.6.2 Intel iMac
Tested with
Logic Pro 9.1.1, Mainstage 2.1
Digital Performer 7.12
Peak Pro 6.2
Rax 3

Very good, Bernie will take care of the other issues,
Meanwhile another betateser reported a single noise burst once,
but he's on a mac power pc 10.5.8 so I guess and hope it happens only on motorola CPU
also reported that "-scales aren't working in live so far."

later,

Luigi

I've just started testing these, and at this point, I'm mostly just going to repeat what you already know:

1. For Live (AU & VST), Numerology (AU) and Bidule (AU only) the plugin makes no sound until loading a patch and the Mono Mode setting is initially blank.

In Bidule, however, the VST does play the default Tempered Sitar patch at start, with the Mono Mode setting displayed.

2. Changing the scale setting doesn't actually change the scale (all hosts, both AU and VST).

As a side note, I noticed that in Bidule, which sorts both AUs and VSTs by manufacturer, all of my NUSofting AUs (including HarpTime, Microrock Pro, Modelonia Player and Peti) and three of the VSTs have "NUSofting" as the manufacturer, but the Knagalis and Peti VSTS have "nusofting.com" as the manufacturer. (I don't know where the manufacturer information comes from.)

OSX 10.6.2 Intel Mac
Live 7.0.16
Numerology 2.3.1b1
Plogue Bidule 0.97

Many thanks Yasha, we should have a new beta by the end of this week

I can confirm the scale setting isn't changing the scale here, either.

mikebeck wrote:I can confirm the scale setting isn't changing the scale here, either.
Confirmed here, G4 iBook, OSX 10.4.11, GarageBand (AU), Mu.Tools 3 (VST)

liqih wrote:Many thanks Yasha, we should have a new beta by the end of this week
I have reproduced the scale not setting and lack of initial sound bugs, and have fixes for those. I just need to package it all up and send it to liqih.

Yeah, I just send to every betatester the link to download Knagalis-1.36beta.zip,
please let me know if you don't receive it today.

Thanks

(speakeasy.org bounced the message, trying again now)

So nothing to report? Ready to go?

Thanks

I need another day! Sorry, it's been a busy, nasty week - no time to test yet.

So far, every function seems to work in Numerology (using the AU). I haven't experienced any issues yet. I have not had the opportunity yet to test further in other hosts.

Everything seems to be working properly now. I tried all the things I've reported, including changing the scale, getting sound in the first preset when loading, and more. Installation routine worked great. I did remove the previous beta and supporting files before installing the latest beta.
Works in Logic Pro 9.1.1, Digital Performer 7.12, Peak Pro 6.2, Rax 3
OSX 10.6.2
Intel iMac
*Edit* forgot to mention I only used the AU plugin

I did some heavy testing last night on Cubase 5.5 Mac OSX 10.5.8 and I did not find any problems.

Return to “NUSofting”