Synth1 - Mr Wobble now Zenified

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Synth1

I slipped this into the Synth 1.12 thread, but Glokraw kindly suggested that it deserves its own thread, so here it is:

Mr Wobble Synth1 Banks: Link

Now you're probably asking yourself 'do I really need another Synth1 patchbank?'. Well, here's what one user had to say:

They are only Synth 1 sounds. They won't change your life in any way.

-Reverend Rhythm

;)

EDIT: All of Vol 1 + the best of Vol 2 + 100 or so more new patches have been uploaded to Big Tick's Zen under the Author tag "Mr Wobble".
Last edited by hakey on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:36 pm, edited 15 times in total.

There are a large number of sounds in this collection that I can imagine
being used as the basis for, or as a main ingredient of great music. I'm guessing
many would rate this in the top 5 of full Synth1 banks. I wish more commercial synths
were so well equipped. The sounds are well implemented with surprises, but musical ones
that don't stifle or submerge creativity. (yeah that means you N.I. :wink: )
Cheers :)

Wow! :o Very very impressive bank. This really shows what 1.12 can do. Thanks and well done! :hail:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Layer 3 Synth 1's and select from this bank : "PAD Euphoni","VOC Ahh", and "FX Echo Bells" then just play away.............

Also try:

1.POLY Krunge.............PAD Euphoni
2.POLY Glycerol...........PAD Earth Rise
3.PAD Earth Rise..........FX Cosmic Dance
Last edited by Teksonik on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thanks Teksonik and thanks again Glokraw! :)

I should perhaps add that one or two patches were *ahem* inspired by patches I've used elsewhere:

"LD HS MiniAture?" is as close as I could get to.... "HS MiniAture" - one of Howard's Zebra Patches, as is "KYS Vibres" ~ "HS Phibes" (as good a vibraphone patch as I've heard, and one that I couldn't hope to better). "POLY Styrene" is an accidental (it just turned out that way) close relative of another Zebra patch, though I can't remember which, and "HRN Section" owes something to one of Michael Kastrup's superb brass patches (though it's not a direct copy).

It goes without saying that in every case the Zebra patches are a good deal better.

And I hope that it's obvious, at least to some, where the inspiration for "STR Carz" and "CRD Pacific" came from ;) .
Last edited by hakey on Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Teksonik wrote:Layer 3 Synth 1's and select from this bank : "PAD Euphoni","VOC Ahh", and "FX Echo Bells" then just play away.............
I wouldn't have thought of that - just tried it, not bad! 8)

Glad you like some of the ambient/pad patches - I found those the hardest to get right (long attack times = long listening times per tweak).

very good bank,i like it ,especially pads

great soundbank! my favorites are the pads, maybe you could develop more pads... :oops:

thanks a lot, recommended.

PlasticSoul wrote:great soundbank! my favorites are the pads, maybe you could develop more pads...
Thanks! And sorry, I don't think I'll be adding to this patchbank in the foreseeable future. :(

(You could always have a go yourself - try different detuned waves in OSC1, adjust the filter - bandpass is good for pads - a nice long attack, plenty of delay - nearly 100% wet can be interesting -, stack a few voices in unison - detune and spread, then eq to taste etc... ;) )

Nice! Thanks!

Thanks for highlighting these.

Yes excellent bank Hakey, I also think the pads are some of the best ones to date. :clap:
Teksonik wrote:Also try:

1.POLY Krunge.............PAD Euphoni
2.POLY Glycerol...........PAD Earth Rise
3.PAD Earth Rise..........FX Cosmic Dance
Nice :)

Thanks for these! :)

Kind of OT, but it would be FANTASTIC if we could get everybody who has made banks for Synth1 to go through and tweak the old presets to take advantage of all the new features!

Not to sound demanding or anything. Just a thought! :D
KVR >Gear Slutz! Change my mind! :clap:

A lovingly made Synth1 bank. Thanks again, hakey. :clap:

Those pads, I can't believe it. They sound so ...real.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

Return to “Soundware”