112db Big Blue Limiter - Thoughts?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This doesn't seem to have been annouced but looks very nice (dribble, dribble). Have got a trial license but haven't had time to test it. Anybody tried it yet?

http://www.112db.com/bigblue/limiter/

Looks very cool indeed. Gonna check this out, even though I know I can't afford it. :lol:

I've tried it and quite like it. It is however a very colorful limiter so don't expect clean/transparent limiting or maximizing!

Looks NICE? That's the foulest, most hideous GUI I've ever seen. That colour scheme is probably called Larks Vomit or something. The guys at 112db must be colourblind.

Sounds nice tho.

Liero wrote:Looks NICE? That's the foulest, most hideous GUI I've ever seen. That colour scheme is probably called Larks Vomit or something. The guys at 112db must be colourblind.

Sounds nice tho.
Don't worry, an alternative GUI is coming.

And yes, I saw it ;).

Liero wrote:Looks NICE? That's the foulest, most hideous GUI I've ever seen. That colour scheme is probably called Larks Vomit or something. The guys at 112db must be colourblind.

Sounds nice tho.
if laughter is a kind of vomit, where's the lark now? :lol:
"It dreamed itself along"

the GUI is not an happy one, got to give that, but still it's better than this. That's gotta count for something!
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

dickiefunk wrote:It is however a very colorful limiter so don't expect clean/transparent limiting or maximizing!
Which makes it very yummy!!! :D
Liero wrote:Looks NICE? That's the foulest, most hideous GUI I've ever seen.
Well, YMMV, as with no accounting for taste, I happen to really like this GUI. It reminds me of Chandler equipment (I think) and is very easy to read. Of course, I'm not sure why they didn't continue this in their Redline theme... (Just for the sake of being different?)
Download SOphist wrote:the GUI is not an happy one, got to give that, but still it's better than this. That's gotta count for something!
:lol:

Actually, that face is very creative (especially the "look ahead" eye), if a bit freaky -- I may not want to see it (or have it "looking at me" :P) all of the time, but it certainly gets an "A" for making a stunning (for better or worse) impression.

I kinda like the GUI in a big, fugly, vintage way. As for the sound, all signs point to "colored" in the extreme. I'll have to play with it some more to see if it's worth $149...

That's what i'm concerned about.....how does it sound???

that's what demos are for... :P
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

gmitch wrote:That's what i'm concerned about.....how does it sound???
It sounds rich, buzzy, and full, and that's with almost no limiting. :D

So imagine what it's like when it kicks into action, and is then overdriven. :-o

Yeah, while at work, it's very crunchy & buzzy! But it opens the sound very nicely, too.

IMHumO, it's excellent for solo tracks lacking fullness, but I'm not sure I'd want to use it on ensemble tracks (or a whole mix) -- even when it's "tame," the sound is noticeable.

I use compression/limiting to shape the sound (in addition to controlling dynamics levels), so something like this (which works as its own colouring device) makes me very happy.

And yes, for goodness' sake, these guys give you a 60-day, no-feature-restrictions demo. Take advantage of it! ;)

Return to “Effects”