Sylenth1 v2.21 beta

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks Lennard, the new version fixes presets getting reset when loading Live projects. Very happy I am :)

Hello, just upgraded to 2.21 beta, Logic 9.1.1 with mac os 10.6.2, there is a problem with the preset screen, the buttons to navigate don't respond correctly and I cannot see the presets attached to a bank, the LENNAR DIGITAL logo is at he same place as the preset name !
[/img]

OK, solved with MAC OS upgraded to 10.6.3 and works fine now. May be you should warn that for strange reasons 10.6.2 give issues with the beta (or definitve ?) upgrade.

Lennard,

I just discovered that the beta does not like to be switched from 44.1 to 96kHz in Cubase 5.1.1.

It hangs... ever-spinning circle of doom appears, then I have to kill Cubase and start again.

Also had some trouble getting the beta at all, b/c 2.2 would crash Cubase immediately. Had to think about it for a while, then I just installed the 32-bit version and opened it successfully in VST host to d/l the 64-bit beta.

That said, this remains an amazing sounding synth! You're DSP skills are top notch, obviously. I'd love to see you make a true Virus killer, a "Sylenth 2", perhaps, with PWM, wavetables, lots of classy-sounding distortion algortithms, etc., etc. Sylenth1 at 96kHz already sounds better than a Virus TI to my ears in most cases. I can't quite believe it, but it's true. Good work, mate...

Glad to see you back on here! The beta is looking really good so far!
"I don't need a signature, do I?"

DrWashington wrote:Lennard,

I just discovered that the beta does not like to be switched from 44.1 to 96kHz in Cubase 5.1.1.

It hangs... ever-spinning circle of doom appears, then I have to kill Cubase and start again.
I'm testing it on Windows 7, Cubase 5.1.1 64bit with the latest Sylenth1 beta and switching from 44.1 to 96kHz and back works fine here. Are you sure this is caused by Sylenth1? If so, please contact me by email.

carambo wrote:OK, solved with MAC OS upgraded to 10.6.3 and works fine now. May be you should warn that for strange reasons 10.6.2 give issues with the beta (or definitve ?) upgrade.
I'm not aware of any problems on 10.6.2. It's tested to work fine on 10.4.11 to 10.6.3. Anyone else experience this issue?

DrWashington wrote: That said, this remains an amazing sounding synth! You're DSP skills are top notch, obviously. I'd love to see you make a true Virus killer, a "Sylenth 2", perhaps, with PWM, wavetables, lots of classy-sounding distortion algortithms, etc., etc. Sylenth1 at 96kHz already sounds better than a Virus TI to my ears in most cases. I can't quite believe it, but it's true. Good work, mate...
Absolutely. I would dearly love to see a next-gen Sylenth2 synth from Lennard. His coding does stand out from the others with its own sound (in particular I've always loved the way he coded the curvature in the decay portion of the envelopes in Sylenth, soo musical and plucky) so it would be wonderful to see a new synth with far more modulation options, more waveform types (even possibility to create our own), new distortion/saturation types etc etc.
Arksun
Music Producer | Sound Designer
www.arksun-sound.com

Arksun wrote:
DrWashington wrote: That said, this remains an amazing sounding synth! You're DSP skills are top notch, obviously. I'd love to see you make a true Virus killer, a "Sylenth 2", perhaps, with PWM, wavetables, lots of classy-sounding distortion algortithms, etc., etc. Sylenth1 at 96kHz already sounds better than a Virus TI to my ears in most cases. I can't quite believe it, but it's true. Good work, mate...
Absolutely. I would dearly love to see a next-gen Sylenth2 synth from Lennard. His coding does stand out from the others with its own sound (in particular I've always loved the way he coded the curvature in the decay portion of the envelopes in Sylenth, soo musical and plucky) so it would be wonderful to see a new synth with far more modulation options, more waveform types (even possibility to create our own), new distortion/saturation types etc etc.

/ambassador mode off

Sound designer says - Pull yer finger old me old china. :hihi:

windows 64 crash is indeed fixed...yah

Arksun, yeah... this synth seriously rocks. I mean... wow. I'm going through the new presets, and the sounds just have so much BITE and PRESENCE! 'Course, I've known this all along, but I'm continually reminded. Would love more routing options... a truly robust, Alchemy-style mod matrix would be incredibly cool. I mean, I don't really own another soft synth that would so rival hardware as Sylenth 1. Lennard obviously knows what he's doing when it comes to DSP. The fact that this thing absolutely smokes the likes of Massive when it comes to sheer, brute sonic strength is testament to that. I like Massive for some things, and the mod matrix certainly kicks ass, but the tonal purity of Sylenth just beats pretty much everything I've got, other than Zebra, which is very comparable. I love Alchemy, too, but it's really apples & oranges... a whole other beast, that one.

So, yeah... a massive mod matrix, PWM, sync, FM, more tweakable FX, etc., would make Sylenth 2 a dream come true.

Lennard, I can confirm that the sample rate switching bug we discussed earlier is affecting 32-bit Cubase 5.5 running on Win7 Ult. 64-bit, as well as Cubase 5.5 64-bit.

Cheers,

J

so keen on group buy

Hi Lennard

I think there's something a bit wonky with the mac beta. It's extremely sluggish in Ableton Live 8.1.4 on Mac OS X 10.5.8. Changing presets take an age - especially when selecting from the drop-down list. Sometimes takes a few seconds to just select the preset before the list disappears. The CPU usage also seems about double the previous version for each patch. Normally each patch takes 4-5% on my octo 3.2 xeon mac pro. This beta version consumes an average of 10-12%.

Uninstalled the beta and back to v2.2 and it's working fine again. Must be an issue with the beta. Hopefully you can have a wee look into it.

Cheers,
Colin

I just want the arp to have swing. :?

Otherwise, yeah FM would rock. It already sounds cool driving the osc pitch with the LFO set very fast, it gives it some nice FM like timbres. But Osc to Osc would be amazing.

Hi All, i have an imac Intel Core Duo using logic 9.1.1 on 10.6.4 using Sylenth 2.21 beta - When u load a preset, tweak it and save the project file and close - When i return to the project file the sylenth patch reverts to default sound but still has the preset name in the menu screen - This happens not all the time but a headache all the same.

Is there any solutions or a new Beta RLS on the Horizon?

Tks for getting back to me.
Darren

Return to “LennarDigital”