sampletank 2.5.3 + ableton 8 + windows 7

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ableton 8 refuses to see sampletank.dll on windows 7. i moved the vstplugins directory outside the program files x86 cause i heard permissions can fsu. other plugins are showing up though.

has anyone had this problem before?

Els! Good to see you man. Happy New Year. (SampleTank, Sonic Synth WTF? - the man who started it all...)

If you don't get your answer here contact IK support. Jason is still there. He can troubleshoot that for you.

hey dave, happy new year to you too. it is frickin' cold here in toronto right now, sure wish i had a holiday down where you are!

i just submitted a ticket to ik support. thanks for letting me know jason is around now.

Hey! Please try following: Create a subdirectory in your vst-plugins-folder and move the both sampletank-files (the dll and the ini) into the new one. Now Ableton Live should find the plugin during the scan!

Greetings

Benjamin

Hello,

I tried your suggestion moving the DLL and ini files to its own sub-directory in the VST plug-ins folder and Ableton still won't recognize it... I've tried reinstalling several times even! Is sampletank not compatible with 64bit version of windows???

Oh I forgot to mention that SampleTank works stand-alone! So it does work on 64bit ableton just doesn't recognize it... During the installation, do I have to select the other options too? LIke DX, RTAS as well? it's so odd that Ableton won't see the VST. bahhhh.

hello!

I forgot to reply here, I asked the ableton support some months ago and they responded very fast (!!)

there are two possibilities to make ableton recognize the sampletank-dlls

first one: run ableton as an admin by right clicking at the Live 8.x.x.exe and select "run as administrator" (this worked for me!)

second one: if you move your -let's say- "c:\program files\steinberg\vstplugins"-directory to "c:\vstplugins", and set this new path in ableton, it should work, too!

good luck and please respond if it worked for you!

greetings
Last edited by benjaminxxx on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the quick response!!!!

I tried both options unfortunately they didn't work! :(
I am running windows 7 64bit ultimate edition
Ableton Live 8
So far Battery 3 and Sampltank 2.5 both have issues... Battery 3 dll in the vst folder hangs Ableton everytime and when i remove it, it loads fast. Sampletank 2.5 doesn't load at all... bahhh, so annoyed. :(((((

I don't know what to do but just uninstall them and wait until proper 64 bit versions of the vsts and ableton comes out i guess... this sucks!

Thanks for the help though I really appreciate that.

running as an administrator works for me!! thanks a lot ! i've been spending too much time trying too much stuff over and over again, installing uninstalling downloading bla bla .
:wink: Thanks again.

I'm having this issue as well, is there no way around this?
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Edited

OK, I went and changed permissions on all the apps in the IK folder, not the plugins but the actual applications, giving my users full control. My DAW already had this, but for whatever reason jBridge couldn't access these as admin so they didn't show up. Now all seems to be working fine. This is on Win 7 BTW.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

It works benjaminxxx's way. thx!

benjaminxxx wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:23 pm hello!

I forgot to reply here, I asked the ableton support some months ago and they responded very fast (!!)

there are two possibilities to make ableton recognize the sampletank-dlls

first one: run ableton as an admin by right clicking at the Live 8.x.x.exe and select "run as administrator" (this worked for me!)

second one: if you move your -let's say- "c:\program files\steinberg\vstplugins"-directory to "c:\vstplugins", and set this new path in ableton, it should work, too!

good luck and please respond if it worked for you!

greetings
Hi Benjamin,many thanks for your help me... I have a old licence of sampletank xl 2.5 and on my live ableton 8.4.2 (32 bit) vst format don't recognized. Now after your post Sampletank xl 2.5 work perfect on live ableton 8.4.2 at vst 32 bit. Many thanks and best regards from Naples Italy :o :tu:

Gennaro

Bitwig Studio 4.0.1 - Live Ableton 10/11 standard + MaxMsp 8 - Reaper 6.3.4 - Waveform 11 - Mixbus 7 - Ardour 6.9
Mx Linux 21.4 Hp elite 8200 sff (Debian Bullseye based + kx studio) - mx linux 19.4 (Asus x54c) Windows 10

Great, I'm glad it worked!

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”