CIRCLE WHEN FINSHED - Jazzyspoon

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got around to this. Excellent work & great inspiration. Grabbing the FLAC's for my collection.
"Any experiment of interest in life will be carried out at your own expense." http://rhythminmind.net - http://signaltonoize.com

Downloaded and listened to demo - Tick
Loved the demo - Big tick
Instant download - Tick
Looking forward to listening in the car to work - Hell yeah

As a begginer in the world of musical production, seeing someone who is a member of KVR get a whole album out, in part, thanks to the folks on KVR, is a real inspiration. Worth every penny imo.

vieris wrote:Just got around to this. Excellent work & great inspiration. Grabbing the FLAC's for my collection.
Thanks, E. Glad this reached your ears and thanks for the beer! :)

Cold Reflection wrote:Downloaded and listened to demo - Tick
Loved the demo - Big tick
Instant download - Tick
Looking forward to listening in the car to work - Hell yeah

As a begginer in the world of musical production, seeing someone who is a member of KVR get a whole album out, in part, thanks to the folks on KVR, is a real inspiration. Worth every penny imo.
Wow, thanks, CF. KVR is definitely the place I learn all the right details and find all the right tools. And it also really nurtures and encourages my rather eccentric approach to music writing/production. I'm just glad to have finally released a CD honestly, and blown away by the support I'm getting from this community. :)

Pretty damn good JS, didn't really need to listen to the tracks beforehand to know I was going to buy it.

Thanks, Az. Glad to have your approval. Wish I could hear what this sounds like in your studio. :shock:

p.s. remix files for the track 'Absence' have been added to the list.

Update:
Album now available on:
Amazon.com
Itunes

for those that have an easier time working with those retailers..

And the remixes that are coming in are mind blowing. I'll keep you posted on that label release, and extend an offer out to my peeps here once again that the remix comp closes September 10th so there's time to join the party. Now, I gotta get to listening to everyone else's music here today....

fantastic work. i just don't know what else i could really say about it!
it's on the shortlist of stuff to buy next week :)
i love the artwork, and the album title is clever as well.

cheers, and congratulations!

kell

kelldammit wrote:fantastic work. i just don't know what else i could really say about it!
it's on the shortlist of stuff to buy next week :)
i love the artwork, and the album title is clever as well.

cheers, and congratulations!

kell
Thanks, Kell. Let me know your thoughts on it if you get the chance. :)

for now, feedback on the two you posted here:

1. the emptiest spaces: Love the intro. It's slick, and sets up the rest of the piece nicely. Love the lead that comes in at 2:03, and the more subtle "pad" vocal sounds that periodically show up. The pitch dive around 2:57 is VERY cool, and a nice way to set up the "mid 8". Drums at 3:20 add a nice element of propulsion, and kick things up a notch. from 4:46, i like how you ease things out by eliminating the parts stuff gradually. Nice touches all around, it definitely keeps things interesting and dynamic but coherent. It makes sense, structurally, and sonically, despite the experimental nature of the piece. Lots of nice ear candy. The mix sounds crisp and clear...well balanced.

2. supernova lifestyle: You have a decidedly cool taste in guitar sounds. The nice, tubey/retro-ish guitars and realistic drums are nicely contrasted by the more glitchy/micro-edited electronic drums. I like the descending EP-ish line that comes in around 1:41, and the synth at 2:26. You seem to strike a good balance between "experimental" and "accessible". the mix again sounds good. nothing glaringly out of place or anything...a nice balanced sound. a very enjoyable listen.

cheers!

k

That is a seriously amazing ear for detail you have there, Kell. That might be the strongest 'play by play' review I have gotten so far. Thank you so much for taking the time to listen and give your feedback on these 2. I might hit you up to post these reviews on one of this CD's sites (bandcamp, amazon, whatever) :)

anytime...thanks for the fun listening!
i'll let you know when i snag the whole album (you sooo deserve the beer $), so i can do up a more proper review of the whole shebang for ya.
for right now, chillin with the kvr player, and the good cap'n (morgan). cheers!
oh, and aarrrrr :D

k

:clap:

you know i love this. but i'll chime in here-- seriously great release, j!

Thanks, J. Keep me posted on anything on this release you would like to remix. :)

Haven't visited KVR-land in some time and here I find there's some new Jazzyspoon for tasting. Me likes!

Return to “Music Cafe”