Zen betatesting

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMused & others - please download it again. I think I've fixed the issue with stuck downloads.

'Tick

Thanks - it's moving now

Now that Zen is released, just to let you know - if you didn't upload any presets during the betatests, I have disabled your designer key. Contact me if you still need one.

'Tick

Seems to be a bug with ACE in the latest build (I wonder if it's due to the 2 extra controllers) - if I am using the public.params file in the ACE support folder (this enables automation ID's to be fixed) I get a crash every time trying to load ACE. If I temp move the params file it loads fine.

ace seems ok here (xp32)

pwal wrote:ace seems ok here (xp32)
Are you using the public.params file?

[moved]
Last edited by pwal on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aMUSEd wrote:
pwal wrote:ace seems ok here (xp32)
Are you using the public.params file?
ummm - nope, don't know - where should i look?

ok, no i'm not (at least i only have 3 txt files in the support folder)

couple of thoughts/questions (i haven't read all the beta/fr threads, so apologies if it's already been said)

- is there any easy way to get back to having everything un-filtered (as on startup)?
- the updates from the server seem quite slow (a preset every ~2 seconds)
- GUI could be more contrasty
- any cvhance of also supporting fx, with audio i/o?

tia, and thanks for a great freeby 8)

pwal wrote:ok, no i'm not (at least i only have 3 txt files in the support folder)
That's what's causing the crash it seems - if I remove it I get no crash but I need it in

ah ok i don't have kore

pwal wrote:- is there any easy way to get back to having everything un-filtered (as on startup)?
Apart from clicking the selected tags to unselect them, no. That's a good feature request, though.
the updates from the server seem quite slow (a preset every ~2 seconds
Yes there is limiting built-in, just to make sure the server handles the load. Also, the server automatically regulates the zen clients if it gets too loaded. Once you get your database initialized, though, this should be enough - that's 4 mn for a bank.
GUI could be more contrasty
It's easily skinnable so hopefully we should see some nice looking skins at some points. I'll make the next version more constrasty.
any chance of also supporting fx, with audio i/o?
Already asked, and yes, this would rock, as well as midi sysex presets for hardware synths. It'll on depend on how well it takes on, which in turns depends on how good I get at making it more stable and polished.

aMUSEd wrote:Seems to be a bug with ACE in the latest build (I wonder if it's due to the 2 extra controllers) - if I am using the public.params file in the ACE support folder (this enables automation ID's to be fixed) I get a crash every time trying to load ACE. If I temp move the params file it loads fine.
What does this file do exactly ?

'Tick

Big Tick wrote:
pwal wrote:- is there any easy way to get back to having everything un-filtered (as on startup)?
Apart from clicking the selected tags to unselect them, no. That's a good feature request, though.
after a bit more clicking, how about a 2nd click (not double-click) on the selected preset in the right-hand list "unloads" it (so like a toggle) thereby resetting the filters?

it was also dead easy making it more contrasty by editing the colors.properties file

it's also working fine on both xp & 7 8)

Return to “Big Tick”