Anybody that has owned a HG VST show your support. Tell me why you like it

Official support for: hgf-synthesizer.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HG has been making these vsts for a long time.And as most of you know he never stops :shock: Please tell me why you like his VSTs and How many of them you own.Lets all show HG that we LOVE his VSTS!!!!

As for me I have all his VSTs,at least i think i do?? Anyway my music was kind of at a low point years ago :cry: i could not make my own sounds too well and the sounds i needed where not around.I play Native American Flutes and Keyboards.I mostly do Ambient style Tribal Mind Quest Music now.

When i first came up here and was looking for some VSTs I seen HG WOF-1.I downloaded the FREE and Yes i say FREE Demo.I was Hooked after that :shock: It did what i couldnt do.It gave me something to play too and with.After i played with that a while i went Pro with alot of his stuff.I was kind of like a crack whore with HGs Stuff i couldnt stop i had to have everything.

And to my surprise HG has never stopped making them.Having the free demos is good,but to have the full working VSTs is the bomb.What a big differance it makes in sound.And i love that HG Vsts come with great sounds in the download,but also he puts that lazy button in there so anybody can make a lot of patches with just a click.I try and not use the lazy button too much,makes for getting to know his VSTs a lot better to just start pushing buttons and see what happens :D

Anyway HG your like a brother to me 8) My evil twin id say :lol: PLEASE dont ever stop what you do !!!! Im addicted to your VSTs and as a HG VST crack whore i would die with out my fix :help:

Please anybody chime in and tell us what you like and why you like it ;))

Thanx again HG,My butt kissing is over :D But for real you know how i feel about your stuff,and i will do anything to support you......Blue

I think I have just about all his freebies..
and I own STS-21 Pro / Protplasm Pro / STS-26 Pro /
and ASW.

I love his synths cos they sound like none other.
they are unique and different. I love the way he ALWAYS
incoporates the random features as it's just so
much fun to tick the random ( Lazy ) button just to
see what develops. I think I did twobanks for STS21,
and bank or two for Protoplasm Pro, and I did some patches
for STS26 Pro. I also did an entire bank for ASW.

I used alot of his synths in my debut album Dark Voyage
and I have him mentioned in my sleeve notes along with
mention of STS21 and Protplasm. But it all goes deeper than
just his synths.

I appreciate, and respect him as a person, he's kind,
generous, and always up for a good chat at times in e-mail.
he is always open to new ideas and suggestions, and he
always asks a fair price for his synths....I have said it
time and time again over the past 5 years...Guenter
is the total package...he is my favorite dev..and probably
always will be.

I take great pleasure and pride in telling people
here at KVR when they ask " What synth for drones/abient/soundscapes/
pads " to check out H.G> Fortunes synths and I always
lay a link to his homepage in my response. It's the least I can
do for the " Bob Moog " of VSTi.

I own ProtoplasmTSM and really like it. It excells at evolving pad sounds and has a wonderful squelchy filter that can sound like something off an early Klaus Schulze lp. Great sounds and EXCELLENT value are words I would use to describe it.
Fig Newton: The force required to accelerate a fig 39.37 inches per sec.

Unique sounds, highly tweakable, and highly recommended are the first things that come to mind when I think of HG Fortune's VSTis. They succeed 110% in doing what they claim to do. I love his works and I will be featuring them on an upcoming release of mine due sometime in 2011. Keep up the great work H.G.! Your works are always appreciated here! :D

Cheers!

if i'm right, i have all pro-versions of Günters synthesizers.

... nothing left to say:

inspiring syntesizers pushing one towards new experiences, unique excellent sound, finest technology, allways surprising, different.
I appreciate, and respect him as a person, he's kind,
generous, and always up for a good chat at times in e-mail.
Right!!!

BTW my least record "Das Sein" was made with 3 instances of AVATAR (listen to it at myspace if you like)

heinrich_h wrote: BTW my least record "Das Sein" was made with 3 instances of AVATAR (listen to it at myspace if you like)
Will do :)

Without HG Fortunes STS-24, Anomaly would never had been made....

I still use it for sound design, along with all of the other instruments I have by him. :D

I believe I have the PRO versions of all of the HGF gear with the exception of the last 2 releases.

Each of his instruments is really a conceptual piece, an interesting combination of art and function. The WOF instruments in particular are near genius IMHO. And the Protoplasm and STS synths are inspirational. I have contributed a number of presets to many of the factory sets of these synths, and it is both fun and easy to come up with interesting sounds with these tools.

HG himself has always been a well-respected member of this community, and has been EXTREMELY generous with the distribution of his free gear. And if you are fortunate enough to be one of his paying customers, you can count on getting regular 'gifts' when you least expect it.

Much respect.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I caught ProtoPlasm 21 Free in an issue of Music Tech Magazine, and it was to change my sound FOREVER. ;)

LOL, I exaggerated a bit back then. It really began with Anvilia CM, and then with my purchase of Anvilia Pro. I still use that a lot, as well as Alionoctis. I was bewildered when I received the e-mail from Fortune about Alionoctis. But the very next day, I bought the Pro version!!!

That's the girl I like, to this day. I've written only one review on KVR, and it's likely to stay that way. :D

I helped beta-test Arracis Gold, but eventually didn't like the four soundsets being built into the VST instrument, because of the RAM requirements.

The majority of my tracks which use HGF instruments use Anvilia or Alionoctis, with Arracis Gold a distant third, and then any of the others, free or not.

Now I'm trying to get into Alphatron... but I'm waiting for something else. :love:

LPM is great too, even if it's in beta forever. I want one more drum part in X-Wheel of Fortune 6!!! (j.k.)

I almost forgot to indicate I have the full version of ProtoPlasm 21 and the other Classic instruments from that package. I was surprised with ProtoPlasm TSM but wished the modulations were a bit more sophisticated. Have to be careful not to read history backwards, LOL.

I like the lazy buttons a much on each new instrument of HG Fortune.

I have most of HG Fortune's synths and I think they are unique.

They have warm, organic and spatial sound, which distinguishes them
between other VSTi synths, often sounding like electronic door bells.

Moreover, absolutly fantastic "Lazy" buttons giving possibility to not only create, but also to discover. In my opinion humans are limited in their decisions and choices, which applies also to area of artistic creativity.
This is why psychologist can actually "read" a person from her/his drawing.
"Lazy" buttons makes available for us creation by choice, not by pure constructing labor. We are able to use sounds, which we "recognize", when we hear them, but which were not constructed by us. No, this is not lazyness, this is "unconsciousness creativity sonar".

In this context, HGF's algorithmic machines (DreamMachine, GhostMachine, Spaces Wizard) are just perfect examples of such unbiased, unleashed yet structurized and koherent creation (BTW: I love idea of spoken quotes as "OneShot" sequences. These quotes work simply powerful out of their initial context - excellent food for imagination! - Just try DreamMachine3 and Patch 87 "Ready for the movie").

Another thing: perfectly crafted SF2 soundbanks. They are very good matched with their host instruments. And sounds in these banks are not only samples from some synthetic sources - they contain "organic" sound materials, including sonifications of various graphic materials (photos, drawings, etc).
Playing with images sonifications myself I know that such sources create unique sounds.

Aesthetics and ergonomics: HGF's synths *look* good, and have clear interface.
The philosophy of all options in reach of hand (no tabs, no infinitely scrolling/expanding menus) is optimal, IMO.

Prices are more than fair. I saw many "two oscillators crossed with two filters" type synths, being sold for few dozens of $$$. Such "instruments" could be at best modules in complex HGF's synths. His synthesizers are THE Sound Machines, not simple music-boxes. And they are worth their price.

And HGF himself is creative. I read someone on this forum called him "Bob Moog of VSTi". This is right. New instruments, new ideas, new sounds, new creative opportunities. All served in clear interface.

Ranjarresh wrote:I have most of HG Fortune's synths and I think they are unique.

They have warm, organic and spatial sound, which distinguishes them
between other VSTi synths, often sounding like electronic door bells.

Moreover, absolutly fantastic "Lazy" buttons giving possibility to not only create, but also to discover. In my opinion humans are limited in their decisions and choices, which applies also to area of artistic creativity.
This is why psychologist can actually "read" a person from her/his drawing.
"Lazy" buttons makes available for us creation by choice, not by pure constructing labor. We are able to use sounds, which we "recognize", when we hear them, but which were not constructed by us. No, this is not lazyness, this is "unconsciousness creativity sonar".

In this context, HGF's algorithmic machines (DreamMachine, GhostMachine, Spaces Wizard) are just perfect examples of such unbiased, unleashed yet structurized and koherent creation (BTW: I love idea of spoken quotes as "OneShot" sequences. These quotes work simply powerful out of their initial context - excellent food for imagination! - Just try DreamMachine3 and Patch 87 "Ready for the movie").

Another thing: perfectly crafted SF2 soundbanks. They are very good matched with their host instruments. And sounds in these banks are not only samples from some synthetic sources - they contain "organic" sound materials, including sonifications of various graphic materials (photos, drawings, etc).
Playing with images sonifications myself I know that such sources create unique sounds.

Aesthetics and ergonomics: HGF's synths *look* good, and have clear interface.
The philosophy of all options in reach of hand (no tabs, no infinitely scrolling/expanding menus) is optimal, IMO.

Prices are more than fair. I saw many "two oscillators crossed with two filters" type synths, being sold for few dozens of $$$. Such "instruments" could be at best modules in complex HGF's synths. His synthesizers are THE Sound Machines, not simple music-boxes. And they are worth their price.

And HGF himself is creative. I read someone on this forum called him "Bob Moog of VSTi". This is right. New instruments, new ideas, new sounds, new creative opportunities. All served in clear interface.
thanks for this elaborate post - really appreciated ;-)

HG

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I own 23 HG Fortune synths
Serenity, UltraSwamp Pro, Arracis Gold, Anvilia Pro, Alphatron, Protoplasm TSM,Alien Space Weaver, Alionoctis, STS-21-24-26 and 33 Pro,shunjii,Scapes Wizard 2 Pro, LaserBlade S, AtonSpooks, Altair-4 Pro, Anvilia Pro

and MORE...!!
Thanks HG
It's an addiction.....and used on this CD, http://peterdiphillips.bandcamp.com/alb ... eflections (http://peterdiphillips.bandcamp.com/album/mystic-river-reflections)
:love: :help: :cry: :shock: :shock: :x :!: :!:

I first started getting HG products by finding one or two of his free Synths on another download site which then steered me to HG's main webpages. Playing the first two free synths got me hooked in finding out more about his products and how much they were to buy. The rest is history.

I now have every VST synth that HG provides minus the Dreamscape product. I even found a couple real old products of his that are not even listed in his classic archive.

Each product is unique in what they do and sound. And if you cant find a preset you like, just hit the random buttons as some others have said. Also HG's pricing is very reasonable and affordable,not like some other products that give you less capabilities and cost hundreds of dollars.

HG products fit right in line with the cinematic songs I plan to do in the near future.

So I hope HG produces some more outstanding VST plugins in 2013 and on.

take care and happy 2013,

DaveT

PS If your not creating music, your missing all the fun. :)

Never actually paid for a synth, but I received a pro copy of Altair-4 for some of my patches. :) If I had money, though, you'd bet I'd be spending it getting Tiger and Golden ASET.

I always loved HG's synths, even before I joined KVR. I unofficially started this music stuff around 2003-4 or so-ish, but started using non-FL instruments in 2005 and after. For note, I got FL officially in 2011 (I was using the demo and saving the MIDIs until then! Only used those for friends and personal stuff, no commercial.)

I remember coming across ASET 2121, and, later, STS-24 and 26. These things inspired me to do more ambient work, and I was so blown away by their sound. I was absolutely thrilled when two of those became NFGs so long ago, because having loved them back them and having full polyphony now... it was a real nostalgia trip. I was giddy.

I also enjoyed toying with the Altair-4 beta. It was a quite simple, quirky synth, and it was something I'd never quite seen before. I had a lot of fun designing presets for it (and might've ended up doing one too many... HG only got some I submitted). I also did it for my dad, Forbidden Planet is his favorite movie. :)

I also remember the first WoF. It was always a nifty idea, but one I couldn't get behind. But I pay my respects to HG, for it always seemed to be a brilliant idea. :)

I hope I'm still allowed to post, seeing as I've never technically paid for an HG synth, but having received Altair-4 Pro free before it was an NFG. I love that synth, and designing sounds on it is a real blast. :)

And soon as I land that job (I hope that will be real soon), HG will be seeing a lot more money coming his way. :)

Return to “HG Fortune”