Copy Protection

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was wondering what kind of copy protection is used for these plug ins.

Regards
Kraznet
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

Very simple, none.. :D

Not even a serial number. You'll get your own login account on the hgsounds website and your purchased plugins will be registered to your account. From there you can download the non-copyprotected full version plugin(s).
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Fantastic!! How refreshing :) I'm getting tired of having to go cap in hand (to certain VST developers) for a new authorization code everytime I do an OS re install or add a new partition or upgrade the mobo.It gives ne a very uneasy feeling. I think you may get a new customer soon. Thanks.

Regards
Kraznet
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K

Nielzie wrote:Very simple, none.. :D

Not even a serial number. You'll get your own login account on the hgsounds website and your purchased plugins will be registered to your account. From there you can download the non-copyprotected full version plugin(s).
^

That's the kind of copy protection I like. Vember Audio does it the same way.

Cheers
Dennis

Indeed, indeed. Andy, the developer is a very nice and talented guy who deserves all the support and loyalty for his hard work :)

All very nice and affordable stuff. Especially Black Magic and the new Ammonite are worth checking out imho.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

I don't like copy protection, it's just making the paying customer suffer really. I love the IKM plugins, but reinstalling is a task I dread, when you have a few it takes a long while! I did have a serial number for the first Astralis Synths years back, but soon dropped it.

I also try to do Lite versions instead of demos most of the time, though that depends on how much time I have. I've opted for demo with Ammonite simply because I would rather spend more time on continuing to develop it. I'm currently adding Additive synthesis to the synth engine and realtime waves using 32/64 sine waves (as opposed to lookup tables), it uses a lot more cpu, but is sounding very nice so far :) There will probably be an Ammonite lite at some point though!

take care
Andy

Hi Andy.

Yes I'm constantly suffering at the hands of Yellow Tools and Applied Acoustics.Due to their system not recognizing the Computer footprint you can't de-authorize if upgrading to another computer . Even adding an extra partition or two uses up authorizations .I'm a serial tweaker and always experimenting with different setups. You get 3 authorizations and after that you have ask for new ones. That can take 24-36 hrs.It kind of puts you off bothering to install them again as it's such a hassle.But it's also annoying since you are the paying customer. At least Native Instruments and Toontrack recognise the hardware so you can add as many partitions to the same computer with out problems.I think IKM give you 5 and I'm dreading it when I reach the limit.

Regards
Kraznet

Yes, it puts me off installing all the IKM stuff, the last time I figured out that sampletank recognises all the other sampletank related products without having to install them if you use a common samplestore. That saved some time, although still had to do all the amplitubes.. I'm approaching having to request new authorizations, it's a shame they can't simplify it, though I will persevere, I do love the Amplitubes and Ampeg, they do sound/feel great :)

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”