ValhallaShimmer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaShimmer

Hi all:

ValhallaShimmer is now available for Windows (32/64-bit VST) and OSX (VST, 32/64-bit Audio Unit, RTAS). The cost is $50, in US dollars.

http://www.valhalladsp.com/shimmer.html

Demo versions are available. These are identical to the full fledged versions, except the sound mutes every 45 seconds or so.

You can purchase the plugin by using the big orange button. The keyfile generator I am using is manual, so once I receive the order from Paypal, I'll send you a link with the keyfile and download link for the full version within 1 business day (i.e. weekends will be slower). The keyfile will work on all your machines, for all versions of the plugin.

For everyone who has been following this, thanks for your patience. Give the demo a try, and see if you like it. I like it, but I am incredibly biased.

For those who haven't been following, ValhallaShimmer is a high quality reverberator, with the ability to pitch shift the feedback. It gets BIG reverb sounds, from concert halls to the Taj Mahal to the Halls of Valhalla. In the pitch shift modes, the classic Eno / Lanois "shimmer" sound can be obtained, as well as a variety of evolving pitch shifted ambient sounds. You can read about it in this thread:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4262580

Sean Costello
Last edited by valhallasound on Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Yeah.........and nice price!.

Bought it!

Hooooray! I can't wait to try it! But are you kidding me? What I've saved my money for? 50$? At least I've left some money for other things now :hihi:

I'll get some money to my paypal account as soon as possible and than I'll buy this and the Stretta album in FLAC format (Which uses heavy amounts of EOS as you know)

Cheers
Dennis

Any idea how soon we can expect PC version?

Great stuff Sean - well done!
Fantastic price too. This deserves to sell like hot cakes. :D

please comparisons - Eos vs Shimmer

Added: ah, just saw, they different in parameters. No pre-delay for example.

Igro wrote:please comparisons - Eos vs Shimmer

Added: ah, just saw, they different in parameters. No pre-delay for example.
Totally different plugins. Nothing at all alike under the hood. I'd say that Eos is more clever, while ValhallaShimmer uses brute force (and some optimization tricks I learned to make brute force doable). Eos can get short decays better than Shimmer, while Shimmer gets really long decays with different attack characteristics. Plus Shimmer has pitch shifting. They are like my children - I loves them all!

Back to filling orders,

Sean

Perfect timing! Tomorrow is Payday and I have a verified Paypal account.. :hihi: :hihi:

There goes my stripper money! :cry: :P :help:
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

woolyloach wrote:Perfect timing! Tomorrow is Payday and I have a verified Paypal account.. :hihi: :hihi: There goes my stripper money! :cry: :P :help:
You fiend!
Now how will i pay the rent? :x :cry:

Bronto Scorpio wrote:I'll get some money to my paypal account as soon as possible and than I'll buy this and the Stretta album in FLAC format (Which uses heavy amounts of EOS as you know)
The new Stretta album also uses ValhallaShimmer - he was a beta tester. I have only listened to a few tracks, but it sounds FANTASTIC.

Sean Costello

Will definitely check this one out this evening, as EOS has been my favorite reverb ever since it was released. I've been silently following the ValhallaShimmer news here over the past few weeks.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw its for OSX. :roll: :hihi:
Last edited by vespers75 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption"

Resonator63 wrote:Any idea how soon we can expect PC version?
+1

Resonator63 wrote:Any idea how soon we can expect PC version?
I'd say another week of work & testing is needed. I have the plugin building, but the vector library I am using is causing some rather large CPU spikes on Windows. Like, 200%. I figure I should probably fix that. :D

An earlier version of the plugin was working on Windows, and the copy protection has been tested to work on Windows, so it shouldn't take too much longer. I want to give the testers a few days to hammer on it, but the process should be much quicker than the iterative process during the development of ValhallaShimmer.

Obviously, getting a Windows VST out is a huge priority. This is the biggest single format for plugins - the OSX plugins added up together tend to be slightly more popular, but just slightly. So I'll keep you posted.

Sean Costello

Thanks Sean
Looking forward to giving it a whirl :)

Return to “Effects”