New free MIDI-Arpeggiator SimpArp released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VST Windows MIDI-Arp
Host-sync, shuffle, hold, adjustable velocity (leftmost knob position passes original velocity), step length with overlap at maximum - so it has everything you'll expect from a standard MIDI arpeggiator.

Download

More Plugins
ImageImage

It's pretty good, just gave it a go with Revitar, thanks. :)

I especially like the adjustable shuffle.

Thanks.

Thanks! Will check it out...
KVR >Gear Slutz! Change my mind! :clap:

Cool. Perfect for plugins which miss an own arpeggiator like e.g. TS Substance. And also a nice addition to ClockWOrK. :)
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

V'ger wrote:Thanks :) Love your interfaces, so clear.
Thanks, that's my intention on all my GUIs (although a tester on a website complained, my Dronos lacks more controls for adjustment - maybe he missed the point of it :wink: ).

This Arp will be the ancestor for a more complex one to come, with two arps that can run parallel or seriell with a chord generator in between. (I am still in the planning phase for that and unfortunately don't have too much time now)
ImageImage

I'm sorry, but... how does it works...? Could somebody tell me how can I use it on fl studio for example? Tnanks

Wok, your arp is actually excellent. It would be nice if it also had a key trigger mode. Nice WOrK man!

./-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:It would be nice if it also had a key trigger mode. Nice WOrK man!
./-.
You mean that it resets on key press ?

I'm sorry, but... how does it works...? Could somebody tell me how can I use it on fl studio for example? Tnanks
There is a detailed description in the readme. Also you should set in the wrapper "fixed buffer size", and you might read this: http://flstudio.image-line.com/help/html/app_plugin.htm
ImageImage

WOK wrote:You mean that it resets on key press ?
Yes. It seemed to miss the first note everytime I tried to retrigger. Nothing to kill you over though. The timing is rock solid on this arp. Something that's impossible to find on other arps.

./-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Orbit-50 wrote:Yes. It seemed to miss the first note everytime I tried to retrigger. Nothing to kill you over though. The timing is rock solid on this arp. Something that's impossible to find on other arps.
./-.
I will check. You should change the chord a little before the beat and press the keys in the same order; eg. if the arp is set to "up" but by pressing the chord you touch the highest note first instead the lowest the outputed notes might change the order.
ImageImage

WOK wrote:I will check. You should change the chord a little before the beat and press the keys in the same order; eg. if the arp is set to "up" but by pressing the chord you touch the highest note first instead the lowest the outputed notes might change the order.
Thank you for your help Mr.WOK

./-.

WOK wrote: This Arp will be the ancestor for a more complex one to come, with two arps that can run parallel or seriell with a chord generator in between. (I am still in the planning phase for that and unfortunately don't have too much time now)
Sorry for hijacking a bit but everytime I read something with "chord" and "arp" I start crying because nobody did a chord memory like this yet. :cry:
Chord Memory has been popular in electronic music since it was first introduced in an analog hardware Synthesizer. I think it was Roland's Juno 60 that first had this feature.
You select a chord, activate chord memory and then you can play the chord with 1 finger. You just have to play the base note and the keyboard adds the other notes.

Now 1 chord is pretty limited so here is my proposal: Multi Chord Memory

A few keys of the keyboard can be assigned to select a chord, switch the function on/off alltogether and to activate options.
I would suggest the first keys on the left side of the keyboard to be used to select the chord and mode of operation.
If you play these you won't hear any sound (because the keys are used as switches only) unless you switch the function off.
If you use the lowest key on the left end of the keyboard to switch the function on/off, then you lose only one key and can use the rest of the keyboard as you would normally do.
Only when activated, a number of keys are assigned to switching between chords.

The selected chord can then be played with 1 finger on the remaining keys of the keyboard.

Having more than 1 button for switching you can quickly choose between chords: Multi Chord Memory.

Any key pressed on the rest of the keyboard would result in the chord played with its lowest key being the key you currently got your finger on.

Chords could be pre-selected from a menu and by "recording" any chord the user plays when the function is set to record.
That way you can create a set of chord types you want to use and assign them to particular keys within the defined range dedicated to switch between chords.
It's obvious to provide a databank with all sorts of chords to choose from (sets of chords for various styles/moods).

It should be possible to use this in 2 modes:
Temporary:
Chord Memory is activated aslong the player is holding one of the buttons assigned to activate a specific chord.
If you let go of the key, then chord memory is switched off and you can play melodies or chords the traditional way.
Permanent (On/Off):
Chord Memory is activated once you press the button and will stay active until you press the button again.

The distinction (between temporary and permanently) can be made by checking how long the button is pressed:
To permanently switch On/Off the player should quickly press and release the button.
That may take well less than 1 second.
If the player instead presses and holds the button (for longer than 1.0 seconds or so) then the software can assume that he or she wants to use the Hold-mode.
In that case Chord Memory is deactivated as soon as the player releases the button.
It's from here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php? ... ord+memory

It's like the chord memory of the Korg M3, simple but powerfull. Electronic musicians will love it :love:

Simulating it in Ableton Live with triggered clips will not entirely work because drag and drop of a selfprepared cliplist results in lack of the triggernotes. After mapping the clips again the idea is gone :roll:

Hey WOK, I think you are capable of doing this. I (and for sure others) WILL pay for it. :wink:

Great arp ! Thanks :-)

Return to “Instruments”