GUIDE: How to organize .FXB banks into .FXP individual files or your create your own .FXB banks

Official support for: lennardigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When it comes to preset banks, it's a headache for me to browse through each one for specific types of sounds. For example, if I'm looking for a pluck sound, I would have to load up various banks and search through each one for pluck sounds.

Or...I could just break down all my banks into hundreds of individual .FXP preset files, organize them into folders such as "Plucks", "Leads", Pads", etc. then load those up in Sylenth to create .FXB banks. So now I have banks only containing plucks, leads, pads, etc. for much easier browsing. I suggest you add a suffix or identifier of sorts to each preset to identify which bank they originated from. For example, I have some presets named something like.... GMD Crazy Pluck (where I know GMD stands for G Music Dance bank). You can use Rename Master to batch rename files.

Notice: the current, easier way to organize .FXP and create .FXB in Sylenth1 is:

Click MENU -> Bank -> Export in Sylenth1 to save a bank in individual preset fxp files. Load them via MENU -> Preset -> Load, and select all of the presets you want to import into the bank. Then save the bank as .FXB within Sylenth's menu.

The programs used in this guide do NOT require installation or purchase at this time. You can run them from their .Zip or .Rar folder without unzipping/extracting anything.

--------------------
To seperate the .FXB into individual preset files (.FXP):

1) Download VSTHost: http://www.hermannseib.com/programs/vsthostx86.zip

2) Open the program. Click File, New Plugin. Find Sylenth 1.dll

3) Click PlugIn on the top toolbar. Click Load Bank to load a bank you want to seperate.

4) Go back to the PlugIn menu, click "Export Programs", create a folder to export them to.

--------------------

To batch rename (e.g. to get rid of all that text crap VSTHost named the .FXP, or rename presets):

1) Download Rename Master: http://www.joejoesoft.com/vcms/108/

2) Open the program, find the folder that has your .FXP files. Note: If you aren't seeing the files in the browser, try changing the option in "View" -> "Files and Folders".

3) Click a check box for the action you desire, then click on the underlined title to expand the field. For example: "Remove from beginning/ending", specify to remove the # of characters you desire.

5) Click the Rename button on the top right to instantly rename the .fxp in one click!

-------------------

To create custom .FXB banks:

1) Organize the .FXP files into windows folders, naming them and grouping to your taste.

2) Download Minihost: http://www.phreque.com/tobybear/minihost.zip

3) Download a blank init .FXB bank: http://www.filedropper.com/init_11
(You can make your own if for some reason you don't want to download this. Open Sylenth, via the menu clear the current presets, then save the cleared bank as init.fxb)

4) Open Minihost, click VST, load Sylenth 1 .dll

5) Click presets, show preset manager.

6) Click load .FXB, load the blank init bank that you downloaded.

7) Click load .FXP. You can select any number of .fxp files (I precategorized them in regular window's folders, as mentioned earlier.)

8) Select all .FXP files to bank, then click Open. Then save bank as .fxb.

Note: if you have too many .FXP files to fit into one .FXB, just create a second bank for the ones that cannot fit into the first bank. For example, I have banks such as "Leads 1" "Leads 2" because not all of my lead presets could fit into one bank!

Tip: You can also use your DAW to organize the .FXP files, then drag and drop them onto Sylenth to load them (as opposed to loading .FXB). For example, in FL Studio, place the .FXP files in named, categorized folders in your browser directory. Load up Sylenth, and drag the .FXP file to the gray area around the Sylenth GUI. Or center click on your mouse.

Done :) Enjoy
Last edited by GMusic on Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 12 times in total.

ok i found a way to do this: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=277822

Although, I think Sylenth 1's preset manager is a bit dated. For example, Zebra has a great manager, Omnisphere, ect... because they have a dedicated preset page. Categories are much much much more efficient than banks, IMO.

Maybe sylenth 1 can have a dedicated preset page, which is setup something like Zebras? (using window's folders as holders of individual .fxps, rather than using .fxb, much easier to customize organization that way).

thank you for listening :)

GMusic wrote:ok i found a way to do this: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=277822

Although, I think Sylenth 1's preset manager is a bit dated. For example, Zebra has a great manager, Omnisphere, ect... because they have a dedicated preset page. Categories are much much much more efficient than banks, IMO.

Maybe sylenth 1 can have a dedicated preset page, which is setup something like Zebras? (using window's folders as holders of individual .fxps, rather than using .fxb, much easier to customize organization that way).

I agree, it is a pain if you are looking (for example) just for pads, and you have to load up the different banks and then skim through them to try and find them.

Wusikstation has something like that, and can be sorted by the preset Author or the type.

GMusic wrote:ok i found a way to do this: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=277822
I tried this out, and it works pretty well!

I made a bank out of all the lead presets that are included (from the 3 different banks) with Sylenth1, and also from the online presets on the website.
So now I have them all in one place, no more hunting around for that "one" lead sound.

I will probably do another, but this time I'll make a Pads bank :)

updated with detailed guide :)

bump. anybody try this out?

I always use the preset manager of TobiBear MiniHost for organizing patches:

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1015.html

Oops, looks like the link for Tobybear dosn't work anymore: #http://www.tobybear.de/

There are several download links on other pages anyway.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Any suggestions? Been looking for a while because I want to do this, then work out how to make my bank default. I'm sick of having to flick through factory presets I don't want or like. Also don't want to keep on opening up windows to search for my individual patches I've created every time I want to change between my presets.

Cheers

NoodleHead wrote:Any suggestions? Been looking for a while because I want to do this, then work out how to make my bank default.
Cheers
Use the Tobybear Minihost program to make your own bank of all your favorite presets, then move (or rename and leave it in it's folder) the Factorybank1.fxb to a different folder.

http://www.tobybear.de/p_minihost.html

When you save your banks of favorite presets, call it Factorybank1.fxb and save in the same folder where the other banks are located for Sylenth1. It will load as the default bank.

Just don't leave the original bank with the same name in there, you might write over it by accident.

If your using the newest beta version that feature has been added. You can "export bank" (.fxp)to save all presets in the bank and you can multiload presets into a bank starting at the selected slot.

Sorry I must have deleted 'for OSX' - I'm on OSX UB not windows

GeoSuPhat wrote:If your using the newest beta version that feature has been added. You can "export bank" (.fxp)to save all presets in the bank and you can multiload presets into a bank starting at the selected slot.
Yes, but it's still a bit easier to use the Minihost, unless I am missing a way to do this :?:

Say you have a factory bank loaded, and just want the pads out of it for a brand new bank:
With the new beta, wouldn't you have to save each pad preset out seperately to the computer's drive, then clear out the bank to start with a clean slate, then load them in again, and then save the bank?

With Minimost's bankmaker, you see the bank that is loaded on one side, and a blank bank on the other side.

You double-click on each preset you want to be in the new bank, and it copies over to that new bank, then you can load in a different factory bank (or whichever other bank) and again start selecting each preset you want from that one.
It keeps adding to the new bank on the right side, when you are finished, you save it as a brand new bank with all the presets you picked.

Maybe there is a way to do that with this beta and I haven't figured it out yet. :shrug:

Sure, that sounds even easier. I havent used the bank maker before. Are you able to play the sounds while sorting too. I just wanted to point out that Sylenth had that feature added to those that didnt know. I didnt see it at first and it made my life a lot easier when creating my new bank. I was able to use a work bank as i designed the new sounds, save them all out as individual fxp presets before assembling the final bank. It loads your selected presets at the current position, so you can work within all 4 subbanks and all 512 slots at once. But yes the bank manager sounds like a good tool.

GeoSuPhat wrote:Are you able to play the sounds while sorting too. I just wanted to point out that Sylenth had that feature added to those that didnt know.
It is nice that Sylenth1 can now do that, I agree.

About your Minihost question, yes, you can play the preset sounds from within Minihost, so you don't have to load up Cubase or Sonar, etc. It has a little midi keyboard built-in it, and it has a way to play the sounds from the computer's keyboard, too. :)

any way to do this on a mac?

Return to “LennarDigital”