VAZ Modular crashes Cubase 5

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Martin,

I just checked this forum earlier and saw your latest post. I was going to try what you suggested, but was having a problem finding the VazMod.ini file in Win 7. However after looking in the folder

C:\Program Files\Vaz\Vaz Modular

(or C:\Program Files (x86)\VAZ Modular for Windows 7 64bit)

I noticed that on the Windows Explorer bar at the top there is a menu called 'Compatibility files' which when I clicked on it opens another folder path called

C:\Users\UserAccountName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\VAZ\VAZ Modular

(or C:\Users\UserAccountName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\VAZ Modular for Windows 7 64bit)

(UserAccountName will be the name of the Windows User Account)

Inside that folder was the VazMod.ini file. So I opened VazMod.ini with notepad and added/edited the following lines

[Plugin Editor]
Embed Mode=1

These lines correspond to the following settings in Vaz Modular Plugin Options > Preferences > Plugin > Editor Options

where

Embed Mode=0 (This is the same as Never) N.B. This mode works fine for me
Embed Mode=1 (This is the same as Only If Sizable) N.B. This mode works fine
Embed Mode=2 (This is the same as Always) N.B. This mode does NOT work for me

After saving that file I was then able to open up Vaz Modular plugin in Cubase 5 and it now starts up in its own window. As mentioned above, if I change the Embed Mode to 2 the plugin will not start and Cubase crashes. But in the other modes Vaz Modular Plugin opens fine.

The above solution works in both Win 7 64bit and 32bit, so I didnt need to do the registry changes that you mention in the thread above.

I dont know why the Embed Mode=2 (Always mode) crashes Cubase 5 but perhaps you might be able to find out. But in the meantime the other modes work fine and I am able to use Vaz Modular now without a problem. So hope that info helps you and thanks again for the updates and help.

This works for me too, on winXP Sp3, Cubase 5.1 Also for VAZ 2010, which also crashed in Cubase. Thanks for posting this solution, i only recently discovered these synths and i am blown away by the sound, especially the filters! Great work!

Return to “VAZ Synths”