Skrillex scales/chord progressions

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

does anyone know, if there is , what type of scales/chord structure skrillex music uses. I know alot about music theory but never really headed towards this style, so im interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE3IslWaB4E

I would put it similar so like an aeolian scale/ similar to that of like dragonforce or something, or maybe hes just adding elements to a minor scale?

Very talented musician.

myxymotoxialian scales aaaah.....

what you do is set your pitchwheel to one tone and randomly wobble it while the sequence is running.

Other tricks are the harmonic/melodic minor scales but -backwards- (semitone, tone, tone etc) The arabic is good for this also also also also also most of the other ones result a bit on the lydian, aeolian, dorian etc side but the truly awfullest are the reverse neapolitan minor and the reverse enigmatic - you realise I mean differently ascending/descending I hope.

Anyway just experiment and sometimes it's just a matter of what goes over the chords. Try a simple 'C'scale (the white notes lol!) over some average diminished/whole tone chords and you'll see what I mean.

But whatever you do, DON'T DON'T DON'T reveal this secret to anyone or we'll come and get you!

hah thanks man, you seem to know alot about it:D

so would you modulate just the amplitude(volume), or would you modulate the pitch and then you play with the lfo rate settings (in sync). I find you can get alot of cool/weird and similar sounds to the ones in that song by adjusting the lfo modulation rate of the pitch, however it always goes out of pitch obviously...

edit : how do you set your pitchwheel to one note? (do you have to do anything with the modulation wheel?)
simple yet complex

Return to “Music Theory”