Nomad Factory's Magnetic - New and on sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just stumbled upon this new tape saturation plugin from Nomad Factory, on sale on Don't Crack! http://store.dontcrack.com/product_info ... cts_id=774

Never heard about this one (the offer started today)...but looks interesting.

Crap, no demo!?

It seems so. It is not even listed on the dev's site. Weird.

yeah, guess it's a promotional thing.

So let's call it weird promotional thing :-D

Anyhow, I bet they did a good job with tape saturation - although I don't like all of their plugs, I think they hit the spot with some of them like the BT effects or the British EQ.

Yeah, they've always fallen a bit short for me, but I'm very curious to try it out, especially at that price (and assuming it's Mac + PC)! Too bad, it's a nice, sleepy Friday here at work, could've blown off some steam testing this out. :(

Yes, it's also Mac AU, RTAS and VST.

Curious indeed...I don't have much choice in my saturation folder and was just looking for a couple more. VariSaturator and SATV are interesting, but I might consider this one too. Hope they will put out a demo.

Yeah, I'm gonna keep my eye on it. Mac saturators are expensive.

Looks nice, but I have this :

this :

and that :

So even for $49, I don't think I need it.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Saw this thread, and..

I'm on OSX, using Reaper, and bought it 40 min ago. It's fun!
Too much wine and a boring deadline in front of me, this impulsive buy cheered me up a bit.
I must say, it sounds great and is very intuitive to work with. It has a lot of colours on the "tonal" palette..
I tried their old tape-emu earlier today and I thought "meh.." about it.

Maybe I'll post some before/after clips tomorrow when I've sobered up.
My name is Jonas.

ill be interested to hear them.. no warning, no build up and then Bam incoming.. ladies, gents, gents, ladies user reports!!!

Thanks for reporting. I'm seriously considering it.
mr jkn wrote:Saw this thread, and..

Too much wine and a boring deadline in front of me, this impulsive buy cheered me up a bit.
I must say, it sounds great and is very intuitive to work with. It has a lot of colours on the "tonal" palette..

what's the CPU usage like for you?

Is this just a repackaged Essential Studio Suite E-TUBE TAPE WARMER?
As I said in the "Best Analogue Saturation plugin?" thread, that one pretty much stinks.

So contrary to Amon1973, I'm not convinced yet that Nomad Factory knows how to do good tape saturation.

It does have a big red GUI, though!

:-o
Last edited by redshift factor on Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glasgene wrote:

what's the CPU usage like for you?
Hm, lets see - about 2.5-3.5 % on my macbook pro 2.4 (Reaper), depending on how many functions I engage.
I guess there is some over-sampling going on, yet still there is some aliasing when I analyzed it. Nothing
I can hear though. I like it. Fun plugin. I'll report back in a few days.
My name is Jonas.

Return to “Effects”