More Mellotron Samples - Update

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've always felt that my Mellotron sample collection was incomplete because I didn't have the MkII Flute and Cello tapes to sample. I've since acquired a new tape frame with MkII Flute/M400 Violins/Cello and have finished sampling the Flute, which is now available from the link below.

I will sample the Cello in the near future and make it available.

I don't think I will sample the M400 Violins because I already have a set of the MkII Violins and the M400 Violins are EQ'd MkII Violins. If you want the M400 Violins sound, you can play around with EQ'ing the MkII Violins.

As always, the samples are free.

http://leisureland.us/audio/MellotronSa ... amples.htm
Last edited by taijiguy on Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nice one, thank you very much man

Dean

Thank you for these - Some lovely samples!

Have just created a Kontakt 4 patch for the flute samples if anyone wants to save themselves a few minutes work (lol).

http://www.scarkord.com/kontakt/mkII_tron_flute.zip

Drop the samples in the "MkII Tron Flute Samples" folder and you should be good to go!

Thanks again for some great samples. When I have a bit more time, I'll go through the rest of them and create Kontakt 4 patches for those too!

Cheers

Jason

Thanks for the Kontakt patch Jason, i am such a lazy bastard sometimes but yeah it is appreciated and ditto if you do the lot sometime :tu: :)

Dean

Totally know what you mean Dean - still, at least it's a lot quicker putting this stuff together in Kontakt than it ever was back when I had a hardware sampler. I dread to think how much time I spent / wasted back then!

Anyway, here's another one, this time for the Woodwind 2 samples

http://www.scarkord.com/kontakt/woodwind_tron_2.zip

Thanks Tajiguy!! Been hoping you'd add the Flutes to your fantastic collection at some point. Thanks for the great free samples! :tu:

Good stuff - thankyou!
"are we there yet?"

Hi all! Glad you like the flute. The Cello set is now available for download. You may notice a difference in sound of the first 5 notes from the rest of the notes. That's because the cellist who recorded the M400 Cello refused to detune his cello below his low C, so a double bassist was hired to play those notes. Personally, I think they're unusable.

ScarKord wrote:Thank you for these - Some lovely samples!

Have just created a Kontakt 4 patch for the flute samples if anyone wants to save themselves a few minutes work (lol).

http://www.scarkord.com/kontakt/mkII_tron_flute.zip

Drop the samples in the "MkII Tron Flute Samples" folder and you should be good to go!

Thanks again for some great samples. When I have a bit more time, I'll go through the rest of them and create Kontakt 4 patches for those too!

Cheers

Jason
Thanks much for converting the samples to Kontakt format. I just load them into Halion 3, but I know Kontakt is more popular.

I'll upload some NN-Xt's later
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Hi taijiguy,

many thanks for these samples -
though there is a Mellotron set included in the Kontakt 4 library,
I really like the rawness and imperfections with your samples.

I imported the sfz-mappings (for all the instruments available up to the year 2008) which were available by KVR member asseca into
Kontakt, saving them as Kontakt 2 instruments.
I also "declicked" some bad sounding samples within the M300A set.

If you (or ScarKord) might be interested into those files, just let me know.
I'd be happy to share these with anyone interested.

And thanks for the new samples !

Thanks and Best

losan wrote:Hi taijiguy,

I imported the sfz-mappings (for all the instruments available up to the year 2008) which were available by KVR member asseca into

Thanks and Best
First, thanks for sharing these, taijiguy. I love the Mellotron and appreciate all the little differences in the various sample libraries of it. I have Sampletron, SquidsTron, MTron, Mellozone and more, but clearly, that isn't enough.

@losan I'd be very grateful if you shared the edited M300A set and the KONTAKT instruments versions of the files. (I'm a KONTAKT user.)

Thanks!

Hi eDrummist,

sure - I think it would be best, if someone who could host these files on his website just PMail me - I'd be glad to share these.

Cheers

Thanks and Best
Hi Losan, I'd like to hear what you did with the M300A samples. I re-recorded some of the bad ones not long after I recorded the original set, but I don't think I got all of them. Unfortunately, I don't have enough room left on my server account to upload 20mb of samples.

eDrummist wrote:

Thanks and Best
First, thanks for sharing these, taijiguy. I love the Mellotron and appreciate all the little differences in the various sample libraries of it. I have Sampletron, SquidsTron, MTron, Mellozone and more, but clearly, that isn't enough.

@losan I'd be very grateful if you shared the edited M300A set and the KONTAKT instruments versions of the files. (I'm a KONTAKT user.)

Thanks!
Hi eDrummist, you're welcome. Even though I have a Tron, I still collect samples. I've also got M-Tron, Squids collection for Sampletank, Crime Sounds, Hammond Dave's, Brady Arnold's and the Pinder collections. They're all unique.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”