New free "Mysterious Journey" sound bank for Scanned Synth Pro by Julian Ray

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking forward to trying this out! Big thanks! :D

That's a nice collection, darker than I thought it would be for some reason, couple of the sounds are quite unnerving listened to loud on headphones. :)

Strangely enough I've been playing with SSP a lot recently, started work on another skin (big one... :))

Excellent bank - just my cup of tea - thanks and more please (ps I've converted them to KoreSounds if anyone wants them)

You're welcome, glad you liked it :)

@GaryG: Yes, I've noticed that too, will re-record these demos when possible.
@aMUSEd: Thanks, Stephen. That would be great to have them in KoreSounds format.

Cheers

You want me to post them?

Bought Scanned Synth Pro last night and now i am in JR's "Mysterious Journey"

thanks for this soundbank

gr Richard

@aMUSEd: Yes, please. I also will put your link to bank's page of my website. Thank you.
@werd: You're welcome Richard. Have a great journey :)

OK I uploaded them here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5646041/Kore%20 ... sounds.zip

I have used my own Kore template for Scanned Synth to import them so every patch is already set up to integrate with the Kore controller and interface, and I also did some rough tagging into categories, sound types etc, so they can be found using Kore's librarian features.

I hope you do more - I very much liked your patches for PolyKB 2 as well

Thanks Stephen :)
I've uploaded ZIP file on my server also and posted link on bank's page:
http://www.julianraymusic.com/sounds/main.asp

Cheers

GaryG wrote:Strangely enough I've been playing with SSP a lot recently, started work on another skin (big one... :))
Thanks for SSP skin Gary BTW :)

aMUSEd wrote:I hope you do more - I very much liked your patches for PolyKB 2 as well
Thanks, working on it right now :wink:

I'm really enjoying this soundbank. I have to cynically admit that I was expecting to hear the same kinds of sounds I've heard thousands of times already (with other synths, I mean), and then wonder what all the fuss is about. Not this time. Well done!!

@randomelement2: Thanks, I'm really glad this soundset has it's own character.

What I like is that they have an organic quality to them. I'm much more interested in that than traditionlly synthy sounds (I love tweaking/mangling soundfonts and am getting more interested in granular). I don't even own Scanned Synth yet (I'll wait till I'm working again), but I downloaded your patches.

I agree, Scanned Synth is able to create organic, unusual sound with lots of sound shades. Very good for creating dark soundscapes, pads and other sounds with dark, Ghotic and mystical mood.
Its quite unique synthesizer and requires more intuitive approach in preset programming. By the way, check out their website, because I think you can buy Scanned Synth Pro for "what you want to pay" now.

Return to “Instruments”