V-Station His (Noise) Problem.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello there.
first time that i post here.
i very love the v-station Plug-in, i use it a lot but i have some little problem with him. i have some very weakly his (noise) in
circa of: RMS= -95.6db Peak Level= -86. the his come from the effect that build in the plug-in. when im turn it off the his is disappear, also that i turn off the v-station directly from the "vst instrument" panel the his is gone.
i check this case on a few computers and the same problem happeneds.
the check is made on: cubase 5 and cubase sx, PC computer, RME 9632 sound card and DIGICheck.

hope to get some help here :help:
thanks.

p.s
sorry about my weakly english :(

So the built-in effects aren't as "high quality" as they want us to believe? It sounds a bit like the built-in effects output a 16bit signal with dithering noise.

Firstly, the noise level you observe is simular as the noise floor of a regular compact disk, which has 16bits resolution and probably some added dithering noise. Taken into account that a synth will not end up in a song without lowering it's volume (other instruments will play as well) in the end product it will be something like 10dB under the dynamic range of the medium.

Secondly, you can disable the built-in effects and use plugins of higher quality in the effects chain of your DAW. More freedom to chose from, most free VST effects are of simular or even greater quality.

Thirdly, this might actually be a feature since all analog synths and effects produce some noise when idle. It adds to the warmth, it's genuinely vintage!

If you still think this is a genuine problem (and rightfully so btw, I just put it a bit in perspective) then you can raise a support ticket at Novation tech support. Those are the people that can really fix it once and for all.
My MusicCalc is temporary offline.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. :borg:

The delay effect did that, from what I remember. It used to be -60dBFS on an older version if I recall, it was pretty bad; you could always hear it, and the meters showed it too. Turn it off if you don't like that piece and put in your own delay.

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

it not cause by the delay, it from the total effect channel.
i take yours all advices.
thanks.

Return to “Instruments”