What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Shredder VST bugs

Official support for: shuriken.se

Moderator: larsby

KVRer

2 posts since 28 Sep, 2004

Postby Vadim_K; Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:15 am

Hello to all. Recently I found this nice and very useful Shredder plugin, but I'm a little bit disappointed due to it's instability and would like to know if the author of the plugin is going to release any updates with bugfixes further.

I use Shredder in Cubase 5 on Windows 7 32bit, and I've found the following bugs:

1) If the notes for triggering Play are one after another, the second note doesn't trigger Play. This is not a constant bug, but this happens very very often ! The only solution is to shorten the notes a little bit (e.g. to one 128th note).

2) Pitch. As far I understand, the default pitch of a slot is the center position when the red circle is "filled". The bug is when changing a pitch once and then returning this pitch knob back to the center position - pitch doesn't become default anymore. It becomes faster ! No possibility to return pitch to default after moving this knob once.

Thanks !
KVRian

979 posts since 31 Jan, 2005

Postby larsby; Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Hello to all also!

To answer your questions.

The developer (I) have not tested on windows 7 nor Cubase 5, windows 7 because it did not exist, and Cubase 5 because (if it existed, I did not have it).

It probably has nothing to do with the windows version though.

The first error is probably due to Cubase sending the note on/offs differently to what the plugin expects. Really really close notes have been used with great success in other DAW's.

The second error I have never encountered as such, can you set the steps for how much the knobs move in Cubase? ctrl-drag or something like that?

/yours fearfully
Shuriken.se, sonic weapons for the music ninja!
KVRer

2 posts since 28 Sep, 2004

Postby Vadim_K; Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:00 pm

larsby, I can't achieve the second error with the pitch-knob again. I don't know what was that... Honestly, today was the first time I found and tried Shredder, and there was such problem. Now I don't have it, sorry... :roll: If I have this problem again, I will let know.

Regarding the first problem with notes: I confirm the second note (as on my screenshot above) is rejected by the plugin. To be more precise, there is more interesting situation: for example, if there are 8 such notes one after another: the notes 1,3,5,7 work. The remaining notes don't. If shortening the notes to 128th - all 8 notes work OK. However, it's not a big problem to shorten the notes to a 128th fraction.

Moderator: larsby

Return to Shuriken