TheDrumSource 1.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheDrumSourceImage
http://www.witech.se/thedrumsource

[EDIT]Version 1.0 version of TheDrumSource is finished now (20 may 2011). It includes the most frequently user requested improvements of the beta versions.

TheDrumSource is a VSTi that is a sample based drum machine. It has a sequencer and a built in sample browser. It looks and "feels" like a classic (x0x) hardware drum machine. TheDrumSource is designed with the purpose to be very simple and easy to work with even if you are used to work with hardware drum machines or not. The built in sample browser in TheDrumsource makes it very easy to navigate through your samples. The sequencer can be running when looking for new samples. You will hear the sample the moment you selects it. There is also a quick button to select the previous and next sample in the same directory as the current selected sample. TheDrumsource has a very short time to get you up and running making your beats.

Some features:
  • * Built in sample browser suited for a easy workflow when working with samples. And almost all of TheDrumSource's functions is still available while browsing.
    * Built in sequencer that has 24 sequences for your patterns. The patterns are of the 16-step bar type.
    * Support for many sample formats (including 24 bit samples): WAV, AIFF, AIFC, AU, SND, RAW, PAF, IFF, SVX, SF, VOC, W64, MAT4, MAT5, PVF, XI, HTK, CAF, SD2, FLAC, OGG.
    * A GUI that can be resized to suit you screen.
    * Quick buttons to change the next and previous sample in current directory of the selected sample.
    * A stereo output channel for each drum. And a mode to mix down all channels temporary into one stereo channel for quick tests to get you up and running a little bit faster on some hosts.
    * The SYNC mode. The sequencer is synced by the host (DAW) and you control which of the 24 track to be played with MIDI (octave 2 and 3).
    * The MIDI mode. The samples can be played through midi keyboard (octave 1) with the sequencer turned off.
    * The RUN mode. Lets you play around with the TheDrumsource sequencer when your host (DAW) is not running.
    * Clean interface so you don't get distracted in your creative work. TheDrumsource uses context menus to make this possible.
Visit TheDrumSource Homepage http://www.witech.se/thedrumsource to read more and download it for free.

I hope you have fun with TheDrumSource.

/Ola
Last edited by whiskas71 on Fri May 20, 2011 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thanks to the maxx! May the Lord bless you and yours.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

ooh,nice.:)

Cheers :D

thx, will give this a try.

Awesome! I've loved the beta version for a long time.

this is wonderful, exactly what a drum sampler that i ve been looking for cheers!

tongsong wrote:this is wonderful, exactly what a drum sampler that i ve been looking for cheers!
+1

exactly what i've been looking for in many-many years !

ok.. i'm afraid that in practice, it's losing sync in FLStudio on almost every bar (thus rendering the contraption unusable) and the sample are always pitched 1 octave high on load by default ...
is it just me ?

First of all. Big thanks to all of you for giving feedback. It makes me very happy :-)
states wrote:ok.. i'm afraid that in practice, it's losing sync in FLStudio on almost every bar (thus rendering the contraption unusable) and the sample are always pitched 1 octave high on load by default ...
is it just me ?
About the 1 octave to high pitch I realized that when the DAW is setup with a samplerate different from what the sample contains the pitch will be different. I guess that you have a better quality of you sample than the output in you DAW. I will look if I can find a way to convert samples to different samplerates.

About FLStudio I found a Demo of it so maybe I can recreate your problem.

I will look in to both problems this weekend and come back with a better answer.

when using the browser, it would be cool not to only show the Letter of the Drives but also their names. I have so many partitions, it's hard to remember which is which only by it's letter.

WIll give it a more serious run next weekend. looks nice at first glance.

thank you so much for looking into the above-mentioned problems !
this appears to be an utterly & addictively useful device and i would love to be able to use it as my main rhythm programmer (guess i'm a bit too used to working with my x0x machines...). such a great idea !

about the pitching problem... indeed the samples were 44.1 and the project was 96k... so you're right about this one, all is fine now !

Are AU versions planned?
#PassionForHappiness

No AU version is planned. Sorry!

I will see if there is a easy way to lookup partiotion names. Good point I didn't think of that at all.

Thank you states :-)

Hi Whiskas, is there a way i could assign all pads to one audio output? like bassdrum snare...all one stereo one out?

Return to “Instruments”