mucoder news: public beta for tonespace 2.0 released, new website

Official support for: mucoder.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks again for this one :)!
Cant wait to give it a test run..
stay juicy!

It's obvious you put a bit of work into this so first off let me say thanks for putting it out there in a way that gives access to almost everyone.

One question I have is, why does the gui take so long to load? This happens not only on first openings but each and every time. The experience is the same in several different hosts that I have tried.

For reference I have an iMac i7 running OSX 10.6.4

UncleAge wrote:why does the gui take so long to load?
depends: what is long? Both AU and VST plugin UIs load subsecond on my machine. And I'm running lowly and ancient hw/sw (a 2007 mac mini with OS X 10.4.11).

is it much slower on your iMac?

Maybe the beta testers can chime in? I believe there were people running Snow Leopard...
tonespace / hypercyclic

mucoder wrote:
UncleAge wrote:why does the gui take so long to load?
depends: what is long? Both AU and VST plugin UIs load subsecond on my machine. And I'm running lowly and ancient hw/sw (a 2007 mac mini with OS X 10.4.11).

is it much slower on your iMac?
Yes, it is slower. Most of my plugs are "sub-second" as you mention. Up until now the only one that took a long time, well outside of the Native Instruments plugs that I owned, was Sugarbytes' Guitarist. Guitarist would usually load in about 3-5 seconds. Tonespace is 7 seconds or more. And that is whether I use the VST or AU version.

Please keep in mind that I am doing this by trying to hit the start button on a stopwatch while releasing the button on my mouse. I may be off by a second. But it's not an immediate opening. And for what it's worth, I had the same experience with Hypercyclic.

If there is anything I could do to help you nail down what's going on please let me know.

Thanks

@UncleAge, sure, any help is welcome. Maybe it's easiest if you PM me with an email address so I can add you to the beta testers mailing list?

thx
Leo
tonespace / hypercyclic

hi great plugin .but what would be nice is a pdf manual so we can read at lesiure.

clivednb wrote:but what would be nice is a pdf manual so we can read at lesiure.
OK, makes sense. I'll see what I can do
tonespace / hypercyclic

Dear Mucoder, thank you for ToneSpace.
My problem is Cubase4 is not load your .dll file.
Heres what i have done:
1) Download ToneSpace
2) Unzip/extract the two files
3) Copy tonespace.dll and paste it in my VST folder in Cubase
4) open cubase but Tonespace does not appear

Should i do something with the other file, I have tried putting the other file in the same vST folder to no avail.

I meet all the system requirments

EE

@EMCEE EXORCIST:
tried Cubase 4.1.x and 4.5.2 on my system which works without problem (assuming you are on windows if you are using tonespace.dll)

have you updated your plugin folder? Do you see tonespace 2.0.0.0 in the cubase plugin information dialog?

if so then it's simply a matter of F11, add tonespace plugin and answer "create" when asked to create a midi track for it

also make sure the old 1.0 tonespace.dll is not in your plugin path anymore (rename that to tonespace10.dll)
tonespace / hypercyclic

mucoder wrote:@EMCEE EXORCIST:
tried Cubase 4.1.x and 4.5.2 on my system which works without problem (assuming you are on windows if you are using tonespace.dll)

have you updated your plugin folder? Do you see tonespace 2.0.0.0 in the cubase plugin information dialog?

if so then it's simply a matter of F11, add tonespace plugin and answer "create" when asked to create a midi track for it

also make sure the old 1.0 tonespace.dll is not in your plugin path anymore (rename that to tonespace10.dll)
When you say updated plugin folder- do you mean did i put tonespace.dll into my vst folder? yes i did.

Is Cubase plugin information dialog the list of plugin reconized when cubase is intializing? yes i do.

midi i knowthing about

EMCEE EXORCIST wrote: Is Cubase plugin information dialog the list of plugin reconized when cubase is intializing? yes i do.
I mean the dialog that appears when you select menu Devices, Plug-in Information in Cubase, that shows a list of all plugins known to Cubase. Is tonespace 2.0.0.0 in that list? If it is not, can you press the update button in that dialog?
tonespace / hypercyclic

mucoder wrote:
EMCEE EXORCIST wrote: Is Cubase plugin information dialog the list of plugin reconized when cubase is intializing? yes i do.
I mean the dialog that appears when you select menu Devices, Plug-in Information in Cubase, that shows a list of all plugins known to Cubase. Is tonespace 2.0.0.0 in that list? If it is not, can you press the update button in that dialog?
Yes it is present in the list and i do not have an older version of ToneSpace.

Since i am midi ignorant, can i just put ToneSpace in a insert to start to make tones?

EMCEE EXORCIST wrote: Yes it is present in the list.
good. Now press F11, then click one of the fields that says 'no instrument', then choose 'tonespace', then press the 'create' button.
And you are set.
tonespace / hypercyclic

Mucoder, i got, thank you, you got a manuel for ToneSpace?

Here is my interest, perhaps you can tell me if this is the tool for me. So Autotune can change the key of vocals, I am ignorant of keys and scales, I thought if i heard different chords and found some i liked i could command autotune to reproduce said chords. Now once i got the key of instramental (the beat) i could mix the vocal useing that Camalot harmonic mixing wheel thing. i would chose tones that complement one another then listen to them with your tool then make auto tune reproduce them . what do you think about all this? bottom line is change key to complement key during vocal event.

EE

@EMCEE EXORCIST
manual: in tonespace press 'help', then 'online manual'.
your other question: I'm afraid I don't completely understand what you want to do. My best advice would be to thoroughly study the manuals of all products you intend to use, experiment a lot, and after a while you surely will see how the pieces of the puzzle will fit together.
tonespace / hypercyclic

Return to “mucoder”