reaper not working with m-audio fast track pro soundcard, yet it's fine with cubase configuration

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

trying to demo it but cannot get sound n midi, choosing same settings as cubase yet it doesnt work? :cry:

You most probably missed this exact step:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7nxT6Ko ... page#t=89s
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:You most probably missed this exact step:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7nxT6Ko ... page#t=89s
No, that's not it, I'm getting Asio error windows when I boot Reaper, I cannot get reaper to recieve midi, it's to do with my soundcard set-up that works perfect for Cubase 5, next time I boot it up I'll report what the windowed errors say.....

Are there any other audio/midi programs open at the same time?
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

ObiK wrote:Are there any other audio/midi programs open at the same time?
No, but I will boot it up v.soon to say what the error windows say, but I will need to run it at the same time as cubase 6 for the rewire thing(which i don't yet understand) if it suits me and gets working...

the rewire part i can help you with. Launch Cubase FIRST, then reaper, then in a menu at the top "devices" in Cubase you should see reaper listed as a rewire device. Activate it by clicking the power buttons in Cubase. That's about it.

ttoz wrote:the rewire part i can help you with. Launch Cubase FIRST, then reaper, then in a menu at the top "devices" in Cubase you should see reaper listed as a rewire device. Activate it by clicking the power buttons in Cubase. That's about it.
Many thanks, although I don't know 'power buttons'? :oops:

Here's the error windows

1. The asio sample rate is not supported by one of the usb interfaces, please check your sync settings in the control panel.

2. There was an error opening your audio hardware: Error initializing asio driver. Would you like to view your audio device configuration?

Here it is -

Audio System - Asio

Asio Driver - M-Audio USB Audio

Anyone know?

The Fast Track Pro works with Cubase 5.1 and Studio One Artist, also worked with other DAWS I have been demoing, like Energy XT, FL Studio, Orion etc, I am looking for a DAW to Rewire my Plugiator hardware synths VSTi's to Cubase as they are buggy with Cubase 5(and also 6 I've been informed)...Cannot work out why my Soundcard is playing up with Reaper Demo? I've been told Plugiator VSTi's work flawless with Reaper(and it can Rewire) so keen to get this solved. :)

Thanks!

breakmixer wrote:
ttoz wrote:the rewire part i can help you with. Launch Cubase FIRST, then reaper, then in a menu at the top "devices" in Cubase you should see reaper listed as a rewire device. Activate it by clicking the power buttons in Cubase. That's about it.
Many thanks, although I don't know 'power buttons'? :oops:

Here's the error windows

1. The asio sample rate is not supported by one of the usb interfaces, please check your sync settings in the control panel.

2. There was an error opening your audio hardware: Error initializing asio driver. Would you like to view your audio device configuration?

Here it is -

Audio System - Asio

Asio Driver - M-Audio USB Audio

Anyone know?

The Fast Track Pro works with Cubase 5.1 and Studio One Artist, also worked with other DAWS I have been demoing, like Energy XT, FL Studio, Orion etc, I am looking for a DAW to Rewire my Plugiator hardware synths VSTi's to Cubase as they are buggy with Cubase 5(and also 6 I've been informed)...Cannot work out why my Soundcard is playing up with Reaper Demo? I've been told Plugiator VSTi's work flawless with Reaper(and it can Rewire) so keen to get this solved. :)

Thanks!
Anyone? :? :help:

Sorry, no additional info, but I do use the M-Audio Fast Track Pro with Reaper, been using it for years. Not much to say, installed driver, select as asio in reaper, adjust latency, select midi input.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote:Sorry, no additional info, but I do use the M-Audio Fast Track Pro with Reaper, been using it for years. Not much to say, installed driver, select as asio in reaper, adjust latency, select midi input.
Cheers, So i am doing it correct just something causing a problem? What is one of the USB interfaces the error is refering to, is that the soundcard itself or something else i wonder...

Going to try the sonar demo next i think! :cry:

Are both programs (Reaper & Cubase)have the same sample rates settings? If not then that can cause problems? What samplerate are you working at?
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

ObiK wrote:Are both programs (Reaper & Cubase)have the same sample rates settings? If not then that can cause problems? What samplerate are you working at?
44100(I think)

I'll check your comment,not in studio tonite, thanks

Cool just keep us updated. Reaper really is great! :)

ObiK wrote:Cool just keep us updated. Reaper really is great! :)
cheers, will be saturday before as working during week - would love to try reaper out....

ObiK wrote:Cool just keep us updated. Reaper really is great! :)
Tried every single sample rate, no worky, using 44100 and 24bit setting in cubase?!

maybe head to Cockos Forum I will, thanks anyways...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”