What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

SFZ to SF2 conversion?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Jellycrackers
KVRist

103 posts since 12 Mar, 2011

Postby Jellycrackers; Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:46 pm SFZ to SF2 conversion?

Hey guys, I recently downloaded the Sonatina Symphonic orchestra library for my friend to use, because he's just getting into the music composition/production field. I downloaded the free SFZ player from Cakewalk to play the samples, because everything is in SFZ format. The problem is, the stupid SFZ player, if there is more than one instance of it running, gives a terribly loud and obnoxious crackling sound every time I stop playing a track. Like, it's so loud it physically hurt my ears and I threw my headphones off and freaked out.

First off, is there another way to play these SFZ files? I have looked and looked, but found no alternative.

Second, if not, is there a good way to convert them to SF2 files so I can play them with something else? I downloaded the free Translator version, but it only converts files one at a time, and you have to wait 6 hours for each one... Each articulation and instrument has its own file in Sonatina, so that's not really an option. Maybe someone who has translator could do it and post them somewhere?

Thanks.
pljones
KVRAF

4644 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from London, UK

Postby pljones; Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:22 am

That means you don't have the latest version of SFZ.

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/200707 ... re/sfz.zip

There are also several free and pay-for alternatives that are pretty easy to find if you look.
Yuroun
KVRian

682 posts since 3 Feb, 2007, from Netherlands, Tilburg

Postby Yuroun; Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:57 am

And almost every sampler can work with sfz files

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries