SFZ to SF2 conversion?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, I recently downloaded the Sonatina Symphonic orchestra library for my friend to use, because he's just getting into the music composition/production field. I downloaded the free SFZ player from Cakewalk to play the samples, because everything is in SFZ format. The problem is, the stupid SFZ player, if there is more than one instance of it running, gives a terribly loud and obnoxious crackling sound every time I stop playing a track. Like, it's so loud it physically hurt my ears and I threw my headphones off and freaked out.

First off, is there another way to play these SFZ files? I have looked and looked, but found no alternative.

Second, if not, is there a good way to convert them to SF2 files so I can play them with something else? I downloaded the free Translator version, but it only converts files one at a time, and you have to wait 6 hours for each one... Each articulation and instrument has its own file in Sonatina, so that's not really an option. Maybe someone who has translator could do it and post them somewhere?

Thanks.

That means you don't have the latest version of SFZ.

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/200707 ... re/sfz.zip

There are also several free and pay-for alternatives that are pretty easy to find if you look.

And almost every sampler can work with sfz files

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”