Strange Pitch Bug with Alpha3 and FreeAlpha3

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

when I use Free Alpha (3.1.2) or the Alpha3 demo in Ableton Live (4.1.4, iBook G4 running Leopard), I get a very strange behaviour with the pitch. Whenever I exit Live, start it again and load the Project, (Free)Alpha plays two semitones lower than before. So when I restart & load for the sixth time, it is one octave too low, and so on. To compensate for this, I have to pitch up my MIDI tracks every time I load my Project.

Is this a known bug, and does it happen with other hosts, too? I would be really glad if this could be somehow fixed (or a workaround be found). :)

Sorry, this is no know bug and I never heard of this before,
actually I cant imagine what this might cause this as both
Alpha have their own internal pitch reference which could
be only modified by the Pitch Wheel MIDI event, maybe it
some strange effect related to this, then the pitching should
however only change +-2 semitones for free Alpha as he
is limited to this range.

Thank you for your reply. I think it might even be a Ableton Live 4 related bug...and it's not that big of a problem, so let's not worry about it too much :wink:

Actually, I'm having the same exact problem with Free Alpha when using Logic 9.0.2 on my G5 running Leopard.

My work around has been to delete the instance and then reload it every time i open the project. it's quite the hassle especially when you're using multiple instances. : (

We found the reason of this and will release an Alpha/FreeAlpha update probably in a few weeks

Nice! Thanks for the update, Peter.

The update is available.

Return to “LinPlug”