easyQ

Official support for: rs-met.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

can you save this as preset and post it here?
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

here is example of situations where both separated gain and band choosing features are desirable in my opinion.
so if you'll have some time to add this -would be nice!

copy link to your download manager

http://rghost.net/download/4592146/7bf7 ... preset.zip

[/url]

According to the homepage, EasyQ got updated 4th April.

What has changed?

Also, why does the download say EasyQ_v10.07. I already have that version in my VSTPlugins folder. Am I doing something wrong?
Last edited by -Fluky- on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DELETED

-Fluky- wrote:why does the download say EasyQ_v10.07. I already have that version in my VSTPlugins folder. Am I doing something wrong?
really, does it? does anyone else see this? it should say 11.04 - and over here it does. maybe it's some browser-cache thing?

Robin from www.rs-met.com wrote:
-Fluky- wrote:why does the download say EasyQ_v10.07. I already have that version in my VSTPlugins folder. Am I doing something wrong?
really, does it? does anyone else see this? it should say 11.04 - and over here it does. maybe it's some browser-cache thing?
Yes it did. I cleared the cache and now it downloads the 11.04. This was on Chrome 10.0.648.204 on Windows 7 x64.

-Fluky- wrote:I cleared the cache and now it downloads the 11.04. This was on Chrome 10.0.648.204 on Windows 7 x64.
OK thanks for the info, but it's up to the browser to detect whether or not it must reload stuff from the web. i don't think that i can do anything about it. or can i?

Okay, having some problems with EasyQ. Sometimes it works as it should but occasionally I get clicks & pops when adjusting it or automating the bypass. The clicks and pops appear on rendered/bounced files too in case of the bypass automation, which isn't good.

I'm running Cubase 5.5 32-bit on Windows 7 x64. On this project I had also EngineersFilters with rather extreme settings on some channels with EasyQs, but otherwise nothing special. And EasyQ is the only plug-in that does this.

What could cause this? Is it a problem with EasyQ, Cubase, EngineersFilter?

Fluky wrote:Okay, having some problems with EasyQ. Sometimes it works as it should but occasionally I get clicks & pops when adjusting it or automating the bypass. The clicks and pops appear on rendered/bounced files too in case of the bypass automation, which isn't good.
are you talking about the external (host) bypass here or the internal button? the latter actually should not be automatable anyway. generally, all of these 3 filtering plugins (the 2 ones you mentionened and CrossOver) are meant to be used as static "set-and-forget" plugins.

Robin from www.rs-met.com wrote: are you talking about the external (host) bypass here or the internal button? the latter actually should not be automatable anyway. generally, all of these 3 filtering plugins (the 2 ones you mentionened and CrossOver) are meant to be used as static "set-and-forget" plugins.
Thanks for the response.

Yes the host's bypass-button.

I see. Is making EasyQ not click & pop if adjusting it while playbacking something that we might see in the future or is it some technical issue why EasyQ should only be used as a static plug-in?

Fluky wrote:I see. Is making EasyQ not click & pop if adjusting it while playbacking something that we might see in the future or is it some technical issue why EasyQ should only be used as a static plug-in?

i'm currently in a big revision/rewrite of my whole plugin framework, switching from JUCE to my (partly yet to be written) own (gui/framework) library. in this course, i'll also address the lack of VST parameter automation (the current framework has MIDI-learn for some stuff, though). generally speaking, smooth parameter automation in filters, when done right, involves recalculation of filter-coefficients at sample-rate which is computationally expensive. however, it's feasible for simple filters like those in EasyQ but perhaps prohibitive for the filters in EngineersFilter - here, a magnificient mathematical machinery is invoked everytime you tweak some parameter. if this still leads to crackles, one could consider to switch to a different filter topology, making it even more expensive. in EasyQ, however, the number of parameters is dynamically changing - whenever you insert a node, the number of plugin parameters changes - something that VST parameter automation is not prepared for (at least in VST 2.4, not sure about 3.x). so here, the problem is a different one. perhaps i'll find a way around it. we'll see. bottom line: no promises but i'll have an eye on it. for now, i must see to put my library to work.

hi, is there any way you could make the EQ window a /little/ bit bigger, or some kind of zoom in on a certain frequency range like you can change the dB range? Either way, I was curious if the window size has a bearing on speed/efficiency, because ReaEQ also has a pretty tiny window too and runs fast enough to use hundreds of bands. I think ReaEQ is a little better with speed, but your EQ is a little more intuitive imo. For one, when adjusting the bandwidth, ReaEQ doesn't do anything once you go outside the window, which means clicking and dragging a couple times when you get in the high/low frequencies. In EasyQ the handle for the bandwidth adjust could be a little easier to grip onto, though. Besides for a few middling things like that, your EQ is probably my favorite so far

Return to “rs-met”