Any plans for a 64 Bit Rhino?

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wondered if a 64bit Rhino plug-in will ever be a reality?
Where have all the adverbs gone?

Well... I may be able to postpone vst3, but I'm afraid I can't avoid 64bits, right ? So yes, among another gazillion things, this is on my todo list...
Last edited by Big Tick on Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the quick response and info BT!

MC33
Where have all the adverbs gone?

I'm glad to hear that 64-bit is on the list. It will help future proof things until 128-bit systems. <cough>

au as well? i might keep it then,

Well if I remember correctly, in your case the problem wasn't because of 32/64 bits, but because it wouldn't work properly in Logic, right ?

well i can probably live with the cpu and buffer issues but not a bit bridge. I mean they are just not going to get fixed and you don't have logic to test so what can i say. I am not blaming you it was a cheap purchase so no problems. If it was native 64 then i could probably live with it, and logic 64 seems to deal with cpu overloads better.. Not just me that's said about such spikes though 'Tick. Also, you sent me a test version a while ago which did perform in some instances at least a bit better, and added the invisible arrow browser, i wonder why you didn;t release this to the public??

Simply because I have other changes pending...

so LOL is that yes to AU 64?

Yes, unless it means a major rewrite. Building for 64 bits is *not* as easy as changing a flag in the compiler settings.

it will need to be cocoas based to work. if rhino is not then it;s nit possible without rewrite...

??

ttoz wrote:it will need to be cocoas based to work. if rhino is not then it;s nit possible without rewrite...

??
Rhino uses vstgui3.6, which has some level of COCOA support. The only way to tell, though, is to try compiling it, and then, assuming it compiles, start hunting for bugs.

ok well i'll hang on longer.

i wish i could afford to buy you a copy of logic for testing lol. What au host do you test on?

Ableton Live.
I know the AU implementation is not perfect, for instance it doesn't play in AUlab. I have a ticked open at Symbiosis support forum.

would the sales of rhino not justify a copy of logic express? is the economy that bad? if so, how sad :(

remember AU is most important in logic overall.

Return to “Big Tick”