DMGAudio Compassion (Launched)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

Just thought I'd mention that my new dynamics processor Compassion is going to arrive (unless something mad happens) within the next ten days.

There's quite a bit going on with this one. There's a little discussion on the http://blog.dmgaudio.com blog, if you want to get up to speed, and of course, I'm here on KVR to chat :)

I'm hugely excited about this one. It's pretty full featured, as compressors go ;)

Dave.[/url]
Last edited by DaveGamble on Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Oh, in the screenshot, I'm replicating Shy's demonstration of what the LP-SplitComp can do to beef up a kick.

yay... can't wait to check it out :D

Cheers,
Doc
http://soundcloud.com/daftndaze - Jungle, Drum'n'Bass and House productions - Feedback appreciated!
----
Want to save 10% on Fabfilter Plugins/Bundles?
Then PM me if you don't own any Fabfilter stuff yet!

Visual representations like old G-Comp sure make the rounds with compressors as of late.

Interesting concept indeed.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Visual representations like old G-Comp sure make the rounds with compressors as of late.

Interesting concept indeed.
Seems to me that the visual representation you're talking about has been around for quite a while? Of course, if something works, why not use it, but I don't see it as anything necessarily trendy or new, do you?

Brent
My host is better than your host

Whoa those options seem to indicate that this will be the mother of all compressors! Almost scaring but can't wait to try this out.
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Oh, Compassion is a little different with this.
The waveform gets rescaled, so that everything between the white lines is below the threshold and everything outside is above. Makes it very easy to set thresholds and select specific transients.
The red/green waveforms above show you the attack(green) release(red) phases of the gain reduction, so you can see their shape and duration.

Dave.

I see this sidechain switch... will the compressor support VST3?

4damind wrote:I see this sidechain switch... will the compressor support VST3?
Only in both 32bit and 64bit on both Windows and Mac. ;)
And AU 32+64bit. Also 4in-2out and 2in-1out VST2 versions, both 32 and 64bit.
Also RTAS both platforms.

penguinfromdeep wrote:Whoa those options seem to indicate that this will be the mother of all compressors! Almost scaring but can't wait to try this out.
There's an oversampling mode. And it's circuit modelled. A lot of circuits.

koolkeys wrote:...but I don't see it as anything necessarily trendy or new, do you?
Aside from usual "vertical indicator" where the signal is on a compressor (Melda MCompressor for example) or the frequency spike representation on Fabfilters Pro-C, ImageLine's Compressor and SKNote's Q796... well... a rare sight indeed.

Sure is not new, but definitely helpful. Though also distracting as well I'm afraid (to those that use/trust their ears only).
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Each of those boxes at the bottom with the left/right arrows allow you to tab through a bunch of extra controls. There's about 90 all in. You want screenshots of the expanded advanced pages?

Compyfox wrote:
koolkeys wrote:...but I don't see it as anything necessarily trendy or new, do you?
Aside from usual "vertical indicator" where the signal is on a compressor (Melda MCompressor for example) or the frequency spike representation on Fabfilters Pro-C, ImageLine's Compressor and SKNote's Q796... well... a rare sight indeed.

Sure is not new, but definitely helpful. Though also distracting as well I'm afraid (to those that use/trust their ears only).
There's a "hide graph" preference. You've not been forgotten about ;)

Dave.

DaveGamble wrote: There's an oversampling mode. And it's circuit modelled. A lot of circuits.
Whoa! You surely know how to get my knickers wet! :tu: :tu: :tu:
Very excited!
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Hah, I only hope it'll be simpler to control (and more responsive) with a BCR2000 than most comps I made presets for with Cubase's Generic Remote. Then I wouldn't use the GUI either. :lol:

Return to “Effects”