Best All-Around Bass Guitar VST?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking for a bass guitar vst with pitchbend that can emulate a variety of acoustic and electric bass guitars...not synth basses, but dedicated bass guitars.

I'd be playing the vst with midi guitar controller primarily.

Not too interested in a Kontakt type instrument made for keyboard controller as I would want to do all my own articulations, etc. via my own playing techniques.

don't know about the controller aspect, but anyone looking for 'real' bass should, absolutely, give 'trilian' a listen

great 'artists' vids, here...also access to tutorials

http://www.spectrasonics.net/video/videos.php

Looks interesting. Kind of pricey and no demo version that I see.
I don't like to pay for something I haven't played myself.

I'm still on XP. It says Window requirements are Windows 7 of Vista.

They also recommend 4 gb ram. My computer only holds 2 gb and I don't plan to get a new computer soon.

I guess the size of the library prevents them from issuing a demo. However, they could do a cut-down, time-limited version I would think.

Musical Gym wrote:Looks interesting. Kind of pricey and no demo version that I see.
I don't like to pay for something I haven't played myself.

I'm still on XP. It says Window requirements are Windows 7 of Vista.

They also recommend 4 gb ram. My computer only holds 2 gb and I don't plan to get a new computer soon.

I guess the size of the library prevents them from issuing a demo. However, they could do a cut-down, time-limited version I would think.
i use it on an older mac laptop, with 3g of ram.....it is quite the hog, but there are many ways to streamline the memory usage (within the program, itself) ..watch 'memory management', here, http://www.spectrasonics.net/video/vide ... rilian.php

of course, al of this is of little importance if your os is not supported

i'd wonder if any library worth it, these days, would be happy with the spec's you are offering

the demo issue has been mentioned many times, and would seem to be a 'no go'....to be honest, 'trilian' video demos were enough for me to make up my mind (more so, than omnisphere's)...you either appreciate what THAT level of sampling, articulation, control will offer, from the start, or you wont...granted, i undertand that you have a very specific need to find out how well it will function with your specific controller requirements

Specs dont do demos. Trilian is brilliant and very good. It's also a ram hog, so something lighter would proably be better in your case. You wont find anything better, IMO. And if your ruling out kontakt as well, then it's going to be hard.

Best video is this one : http://www.spectrasonics.net/video/ipad ... k.php?id=7

Thanks for info guys. I'm probably ok with what I have actually. Trilian looks appealing since its specialty is basses. I also have a bass soundset that Paul (Manytone) did in Wusikstation format that sounds really good to me. I'm not really hurting for bass sounds per se.
The 2gb ram seems to be handling everything I need to do right now. At the rate technology is evolving, 16 gb ram will probably go to 32 sooner than one might expect. I can wait a bit longer before going to 7 also. Most likely will keep the XP computer as well.

Return to “Instruments”